http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1087949p1.html
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/108/1087949/ACB_1273088750.jpg

HK-42
05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1087949p1.html
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/108/1087949/ACB_1273088750.jpg

LiTos456
05-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Bastard, you beat me to it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Anyway guys, wanna see something funny?
http://1191adb.com

Ubisoft stole my fansite's logo!
(no, before you troll I'm not actually claiming they stole it, but come on, don't you see a resemblance?)

Read the latest news post on the site for more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Nevertheless while I'm busy laughing at that I'm very excited for this and this should be a great game. I hope.

Murcuseo
05-05-2010, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's expected Ubisoft will announce its fiscal quarterly results later this month. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That bit of news should keep certain militant whiners happy... auch wait, did I just derail the topic...oops!

Also, I'm liking the sound of the MP... although it doesn't actually tell you much and I'd be happy with any news lol

terminatrixtx2
05-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Fall 2010? I though it was going to be released in Q1 2011.

Is it an expansion? The ROME story + multiplayer only? Everything should be answered now that the initial details have been leaked.

nukelukespuke34
05-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Yes!!! Finally something other than just a name.

Looks like you can play as different classes? On the left of whom I'm gonna presume is Ezio there's a thief (or maybe a brawler) a doctor guy, and a gypsy? And on the right there's what seems to be another assassin, a courtesan, and a monk. Interesting. I could be way off, but this is just what I'm guessing.

M-dahaka
05-05-2010, 02:48 PM
the cover says PS3, XBOX360 AND PC!
thank god, finaly, we have confirmation it's on PC.
I hate that crap where they tell "It's coming to consoles this fall!" WHAT ABOUT PC???

gohanks10
05-05-2010, 03:46 PM
i hope to see all cities from AC 2.

oOSilentPwnOo
05-05-2010, 03:47 PM
ive got too say somethings about this look absolutely horrible... i don't know just a feeling... of course we have basically no information, so no reason to judge yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sm312
05-05-2010, 05:50 PM
I know I haven't been on much but have been reading and I just wanted to share my excitement by(I'm Sorry!)

HELL YEAH THIS GAME IS GONNA BE AWESOME SCREW REACH, CRYSIS, AND WHATEVER AC:B FTFW!

Azugo
05-06-2010, 02:11 AM
Yeah, I saw this photo leak just recently... Waiting for AC2 was absolute torture, now I have to experience it all over again!

It's an Assassin's Creed game so, personally, another game that's going to eat up my life until I complete it, although this one has multiplayer so it's going to eat up even more of my life...

I did read that you choose your preferred character, and then you can customize them. However, I think there will be too many Ezio's running around, so not many people will look different... Such a shame. I really don't want to see Ezio fighting Ezio who's fighting another Ezio that's been ganged up on by a bunch of Ezio's, and then when they win they do a group (Ezio) teabag.

Oh well.

On a final note: AC: B FTW! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jimbo11235813
05-06-2010, 04:29 AM
AWESOME! By the looks of it, Ezio has a new costume. Hope you can chose who you play as in single player as well as in multiplayer (assuming we have a choice.) Should be fun.

ThePheonix1030
05-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Blah, multiplayer is not needed. And if it's gonna be a $60 game just for that, I'll pass unless there's some kind of single player to it.

El_Sjietah
05-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Curious how they're gonna explain playable females through the whole genetic memory thing (assuming that gal is playable of course).

Azugo
05-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Like I said guys, "You choose your preferred character and you can customize them."

I dunno if that's true or not, but I read it on IGN or Kotaku or one of those kind of sites... So it probably is legit.

@Jimbo: Yeah, that new costume kinda looks a bit like a drawing of a possible earlier design of Ezio for AC2, found in the book that came with the Black Edition (For those of you that have it; Page 26, picture on the far left).

It does look similar, but with some obvious differences.

itsamea-mario
05-06-2010, 09:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Curious how they're gonna explain playable females through the whole genetic memory thing (assuming that gal is playable of course). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well maybe it wont be like genetic memory, or the multiplayer atleast, i mean bloodlines didnt seem to be about desmond viewing memories, more just altairs story, hmm.

jimbo11235813
05-06-2010, 10:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Curious how they're gonna explain playable females through the whole genetic memory thing (assuming that gal is playable of course). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't think it would be a problem. On the one hand, Desmond may not be a major part in this (as itsamea-mario says), or, genetically speaking, Desmond could be a descendent of them all because for each generation back (i.e. two parents per person), there would be twice as many individuals that Desmond could be while in the animus.

IMO I think that there will be no reason; just a bit of fun for people.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:@Jimbo: Yeah, that new costume kinda looks a bit like a drawing of a possible earlier design of Ezio for AC2, found in the book that came with the Black Edition (For those of you that have it; Page 26, picture on the far left).

It does look similar, but with some obvious differences. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just had a look at the picture. I do see what you mean, but apart from the shoulders (normally has red stripes on them I think), but what I noticed most was the MASSIVE red...thing on his chest (can't think of right word). Hope you can customise/dye the clothing.

P.S. love the leather shoulder guard. Cool sun like design.

Atkamon
05-06-2010, 10:53 AM
I think this cover looks kinda awful, I hope they'll change it until release.

Really good news though!

Cpt_Yanni
05-06-2010, 11:10 AM
This news made my horrible day Good! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

El_Sjietah
05-06-2010, 11:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo_323:
Curious how they're gonna explain playable females through the whole genetic memory thing (assuming that gal is playable of course). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't think it would be a problem. On the one hand, Desmond may not be a major part in this (as itsamea-mario says), or, genetically speaking, Desmond could be a descendent of them all because for each generation back (i.e. two parents per person), there would be twice as many individuals that Desmond could be while in the animus.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem with genetic memory is that it can't contain memories of female ancestors. Women don't produce eggs throughout their entire life like men produce sperm. All eggs they'll ever have are already there at birth, so whatever memories get recorded in their DNA throughout their life, can't be passed on to a child.

If AC2.5 has no part in the present day there are no problems though. You'd just play as the person instead of reliving her memories.

itsamea-mario
05-06-2010, 11:38 AM
^^yup but i guess well just have to wait and see.

JohnConnor2012
05-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Not sure if we'll get more cities than just Rome, but I'll be pretty good to play the whole of Rome and not just the corridor you get in AC2.

And no doubt plenty of Templars' Lairs as entertaining as the trio in AC2. (BTW, how many tombs / POE will there be in AC3? Too much of a good thing can be worse than too little.)

jimbo11235813
05-06-2010, 05:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:The problem with genetic memory is that it can't contain memories of female ancestors. Women don't produce eggs throughout their entire life like men produce sperm. All eggs they'll ever have are already there at birth, so whatever memories get recorded in their DNA throughout their life, can't be passed on to a child. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ah yes, very true. This is why I'm going to fail my cell biology Module (lol).

LCGuardian
05-06-2010, 05:53 PM

If AC2.5 has no part in the present day there are no problems though. You'd just play as the person instead of reliving her memories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems possible that Desmond (or at least his voice a la the voiceovers for the glyphs in AC2) will play a role, since Nolan North has been contracted for an upcoming AC game (presumably this one):
http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=10799

phil.llllll
05-06-2010, 05:56 PM
The problem with genetic memory is that it can't contain memories of female ancestors. Women don't produce eggs throughout their entire life like men produce sperm. All eggs they'll ever have are already there at birth, so whatever memories get recorded in their DNA throughout their life, can't be passed on to a child.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In AC2 there's a brief part where for a moment Desmond follows Maria.

Anyway not that it matters. If it's multiplayer they can throw whatever they want in there and not have it go into the SP story.

El_Sjietah
05-07-2010, 02:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point. Could be that Altair's son was concieved there and then, so you'd be following his memories instead of Maria's. It's a bit of a stretch though.

Azugo
05-07-2010, 04:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LCGuardian:

If AC2.5 has no part in the present day there are no problems though. You'd just play as the person instead of reliving her memories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems possible that Desmond (or at least his voice a la the voiceovers for the glyphs in AC2) will play a role, since Nolan North has been contracted for an upcoming AC game (presumably this one):
http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=10799 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What game doesn't Nolan North do?

cgdemon894
05-07-2010, 05:25 AM
this is the part where Desmond is playing around with the animus right....remember the last scene how they told him to play around with it....

nitres15
05-07-2010, 06:03 AM
ezio look ...... a bit fat or is it just the armor

KZarr
05-07-2010, 07:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nitres155:
ezio look ...... a bit fat or is it just the armor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what I thought too. I think its his armor

Windrius
05-07-2010, 08:25 AM
:/ so does this mean that assassins creed: brotherhood is actually episodes or what? ^^

goldenarm009
05-07-2010, 11:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">:/ so does this mean that assassins creed: brotherhood is actually episodes or what? ^^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes...

itsamea-mario
05-07-2010, 11:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyway not that it matters. If it's multiplayer they can throw whatever they want in there and not have it go into the SP story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well to that point, its not actually following maria, itll be the erm, sperm that altair 'puts inside her' which will become a child, doodoodily doo 821 years later those memories are in desmonds DNA.

NuclearFuss
05-07-2010, 02:47 PM
It keeps saying "Lead your brotherhood," but will there be any actual leading? I mean, is there going to be some small element of strategy involved? I'd like that, as long as it's more in-depth than that crap with the Villa.

LCGuardian
05-07-2010, 02:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LCGuardian:

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=10799 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What game doesn't Nolan North do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, he's a bit overexposed at the moment. Hearing Desmond speaking in other games is a little immersion-breaking.

SWJS
05-07-2010, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeah, he's a bit overexposed at the moment. Hearing Desmond speaking in other games is a little immersion-breaking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I felt this way when playing Dark Void.

Every other game on the market has Nolan North in it. DAH! Path of the Furon even had Nolan in it, only thankfully he wasn't using his Desmond voice.

itsamea-mario
05-08-2010, 02:14 AM
Who was he in DAH! ?

younas456
05-08-2010, 04:08 AM
i jumped for an hour and screamed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif so happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif omg! can't wait :P

com199
05-08-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't think we will be able to play as any one else besides Ezio. I desperately hope it doesn't turn into a game with you switching between people to solve puzzles.

SWJS
05-08-2010, 09:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Who was he in DAH! ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The Furon Emperor, Meningitis.

He was using a yiddish-like accent. It was great to not hear Desmond as an old alien guy. lol

albertwesker22
05-09-2010, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nitres155:
ezio look ...... a bit fat or is it just the armor </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I wouldn't say so. Just because he's not your typical Final Fantasy hero, who are skinnier than even the most coked up supermodels.

Fairus60
05-09-2010, 05:41 PM
I expected to see him with Altair┤s armor... wonder what happened to it...

deskpe
05-09-2010, 06:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:
I expected to see him with Altair┤s armor... wonder what happened to it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

took it off cause it looked.... he grew out of it, it seems (also its not that good looking imo)

sm312
05-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey guys in case you haven't noticed the official website has been updated with a teaser trailer and a minigame which you get a exclusive look on a weapon and a quick snippet of gameplay! Really hard to see it though. Plus a countdown........ which ends tomorrow! Dammit Ubi you know what I had to endure last year?!

PlagueDoctor357
05-10-2010, 07:51 PM
No doubt!!
Obviously were going to be able to play as a Templar online if we want.

That's what all this join us stuff is about.

TorQue1988
05-11-2010, 11:57 AM
New details on the game:
Key Features

MASTER THE POSSIBILITIES As Ezio, a legendary Master Assassin, experience over 15 hours of single-player gameplay set in the living, breathing, unpredictable city of Rome.
LEAD A LEGENDARY BROTHERHOOD Recruit and train promising young Assassins. Deploy them across the city as you see fit, or call upon them to aid you in your quests.
EXPERIENCE A RICH HISTORICAL TAPESTRY Collaborate with real historical characters such as Leonardo da Vinci, Niccolo Machiavelli and Caterina Sforza.
WIN THE HEART OF A CITY Use your hard-won currency to revitalize the crumbling capital city. Rally the citizens to your cause and unlock extra factions and missions.
DEPLOY SECRET WEAPONS Swiftly eliminate your enemies using tools such as poison darts, parachutes, double hidden blades, hidden guns, and an advanced flying machine at your disposal.
MEMORABLE MULTIPLAYER Choose from multiple authentic character classes, each with their own signature weapons and killing moves. With richly-detailed maps and a wide variety of unique multiplayer modes, you'll never fight the same way twice.

link : http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/63735

Crotanks
05-11-2010, 12:01 PM
http://kotaku.com/5536261/firs...lip-from-the-shadows (http://kotaku.com/5536261/first-assassins-creed-brotherhood-details-slip-from-the-shadows)

Oh look. A bow.

albertwesker22
05-11-2010, 12:08 PM
I wonder how deep the customization aspect is?
It would be cool to play as a templar assassin hyprid. Most Templars can free run, so if you give one a hidden blade, there's no reason why he can't use it.

Murcuseo
05-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Put together quickly for anyone that wants it...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4598735829_99ab70c920.jpg

Here is the 1280x720 version. (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4598735829_620c6e5525_o.jpg)

kdarnell10
05-11-2010, 02:58 PM
IMO, i think this game was made to hold us AC fans off until the actual AC: 3 is released somewhere in 2012. think about it, same characters story and only one region is in the game. basically it's just a $60 expansion to keep us busy.

Murcuseo
05-11-2010, 03:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kdarnell10:
IMO, i think this game was made to hold us AC fans off until the actual AC: 3 is released somewhere in 2012. think about it, same characters story and only one region is in the game. basically it's just a $60 expansion to keep us busy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your opinion is worthless from my point of view, if you can post about Brotherhood in such a manor and completely ignore the multiplayer it suggests to me you have other issues with Ubisoft and the Assassin's Creed franchise... I can think of one thing you probably like moaning about but I won't say it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOtgEST_6i0) lol

I wonder how Ubisoft are going to approach the whole server "issue". Obviously if the game has a... dare I say it, <span class="ev_code_WHITE">DRM</span> then there can really be no user run private servers. Not unless there somehow linked to the Ubisoft master servers.

I'm prosuming they'll just do it all from their end.

jmk1999
05-11-2010, 03:32 PM
i'm hoping multiplayer isn't exclusive to online. i don't play online much and it would pretty sweet to have a friend play the game with me. my nephew loves AC... i'd hate to ask my brother to go out and buy a game just so he can play it with me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

SWJS
05-11-2010, 03:48 PM
I have a feeling that Rome was too huge for AC2, so they had to put it on a disc to itself. I must say, the single player sounds interesting. We'll still be hearing from Leonardo and Machiavelli and the others. Sounds like a true sequel, rather than just an expansion. I hope the multiplayer is local too though. I try to avoid online multiplayer, because the people online... well, take a guess.

El_Sjietah
05-11-2010, 03:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

Your opinion is worthless from my point of view, if you can post about Brotherhood in such a manor and completely ignore the multiplayer it suggests to me you have other issues with Ubisoft and the Assassin's Creed franchise... I can think of one thing you probably like moaning about but I won't say it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOtgEST_6i0) lol

I wonder how Ubisoft are going to approach the whole server "issue". Obviously if the game has a... dare I say it, <span class="ev_code_WHITE">DRM</span> then there can really be no user run private servers. Not unless there somehow linked to the Ubisoft master servers.

I'm prosuming they'll just do it all from their end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dedicated servers are the way to go for multiplayer gaming anyway. Don't know why they decided to take a step back on PC for games like MW2 instead of taking a step forward on consoles. Ah well, people still bought the crap because of its name. You could repackage pong, put "Call of Duty: Abstract Warfare" on the box and it would still break records.

sardarji
05-11-2010, 03:57 PM
The online feature intrigues me.

Though i can't possibly imagine a COD scenario; also, the hell " multiplayer-multislaying " will be like ? I run to get you, to stab you and teabag you ?

So anyone run for their skin ?
Or ranged FTW ?

Many questions.

Also the Harlequin is just creepy as hell. I can't imagine him to actively blend into groupies. Maybe the Still dumb AI will help out, to get the job done.

Hope they fix the 1Vs1 fights.

Fairus60
05-11-2010, 06:33 PM
In that screen, where ezio is overlooking the colisseum, dont you think he sorta look... Altairish?

breakdown89
05-11-2010, 06:38 PM
well he is a descendant of altair, mind you.....lol

JohnConnor2012
05-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks, Torque1988, for further insights into AC2:Brotherhood. They're definitely got a buyer here assuming the implementation isn't totally awful (i.e. even more awful than AC2). Even (but hopefully not) with the DRM.

Parachutes: new. Training up junior assassins: new, with hopefully improved NPC controls. Weapons: apparently new. Rome: whole city, not just corridor. And a history tour and 15 hours gameplay. And multi-player which'll at least reveal a little more about Templar MO. ...and (hopefully) no more stupid feathers to collect!

nukelukespuke34
05-11-2010, 07:43 PM
From IGN:

"There will also be new and returning gadgets including poison darts, double blades, guns, parachutes, and a a new take on the flying machine."

Da Vinci's helicopter anyone? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

http://animewriter.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/leonardo_helicopter-001.jpg

flyryassassin
05-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Just saying the graphics dont look anything like ac1 and ac2 and the little you get from the weapons teaser seems like the gameplay has changed too..bit of a let down http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif except recruiting your own assasins , i look forward to ac3 tho http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kdarnell10
05-11-2010, 08:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kdarnell10:
IMO, i think this game was made to hold us AC fans off until the actual AC: 3 is released somewhere in 2012. think about it, same characters story and only one region is in the game. basically it's just a $60 expansion to keep us busy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im not saying it in a bad way. im pumped about this gamw!! i love everything about the AC franchise im just sayin that its so we dont have to wait 2 more years

I'm prosuming they'll just do it all from their end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

kdarnell10
05-11-2010, 08:28 PM
im not saying it in a bad way Robson19822009. im pumped about this game!! i love everything about the AC franchise im just sayin that its so we dont have to wait 2 more years

Fairus60
05-11-2010, 08:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeusEx89:
well he is a descendant of altair, mind you.....lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well yeah, but I mean that his clothes have changed more to Altair┤s style, not like in AC2, where he lookede like Altair too, but also had his own unique details. Now, those details look far less than before, and reminds more of Altair now, mainly because he uses more white now, without those red stripes he had.

LCGuardian
05-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Anyone else think its time for a little speculation, based on what we know? I do. I'm basing this on the original stuff from the Episodes announcement, the blurb on the case, the articles we have gotten recently, the video narrated by Vidic (think its Vidic at least) and the wallpaper. So feel free to agree, disagree or dismember this speculation. Also feel free to use it in the future to demonstrate how wrong I was.

Singleplayer: Ezio's based in Rome. Trying to build an army of assassins to take on Borgia in a final battle. Obviously the articles say some of the characters from AC2 will reappear, so I won't restate that. My suspicion (from Desmond's face flashing in the video) is that this will continue the story of AC2 inside and outside the animus, so we'll get to see the fun truck trip.

Multiplayer: Given that Ubisoft said this would be justified from a storyline perspective, I'm thinking from the video that this will be playing as Templars only. It would make sense, from what Vidic says in the video, that the Templars are using multiple Animuses (or Animi?) to train potential soldiers in social stealth and combat in much the same way that Desmond is trained through reliving Ezio's life. Of course, this probably means that playing as Assassins or Templars is possible if the Templar character outside the Animus has ancestral lines in both (much as Desmond does with Maria and Altair). But my suspicion is that this will be portrayed as Templar training - explaining why Vidic is trying to recruit a Templar army in the video.

Anyhow, my two cents. Feel free to tear this apart.

Edit: Rereading this, there was some pretty flowery stuff in this post. I'll keep the speculation to speculation and not completely irrelevant metaphors. So it got some chopping. And I see the Templar thing for multiplayer has been confirmed, so this post is now pretty pointless.

flyryassassin
05-12-2010, 04:57 AM
Well idc what they do as far as story and multiplayer thats all great, the recruiting and everything. AS LONG as it looks and flows like the first two games did, yes i know its ment to be a spin off, but to keep the same graphics and the same gameplay isnt that hard..

Gefrituurd
05-13-2010, 07:17 AM
TorQue1988 Posted Tue May 11 2010 10:57 Hide Post
New details on the game:
Key Features

MASTER THE POSSIBILITIES As Ezio, a legendary Master Assassin, experience over 15 hours of single-player gameplay set in the living, breathing, unpredictable city of Rome.

Oh dear, 15 hours seem a little short :S I hope if u want to fully complete this game it will take you atleast 40 hours.

Altaezio
05-13-2010, 01:34 PM
My Theory
Abstergo will import new subjects or one subject that will have the option to go in any of the chosen animus' to relive one of those 4 people's memory (the 4 people can be found on the game box) or Ezio making it five. Look at the debut teaser trailer, it shows a certain room with multiple animus' (animi-plural)......my theory..

TorQue1988
05-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Behind the gaudy costume and twisted smile lies the soul of a merciless Assassin. You call yourself the Harlequin. Your victims will call you a walking nightmare.
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3024/acbrotherhoodbonuslg.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8606/acbrotherhoodbonus1lg.jpg

nitres15
05-13-2010, 02:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorQue1988:
Behind the gaudy costume and twisted smile lies the soul of a merciless Assassin. You call yourself the Harlequin. Your victims will call you a walking nightmare.
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8606/acbrotherhoodbonus1lg.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where did you get that is that a character in the game ? please answer !! good find(you can see the guy with the switch-blade behind and the monk) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TorQue1988
05-13-2010, 02:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorQue1988:
product_id=77863]http://www.gamestop.com/Catalo...spx?product_id=77863[/url]
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8606/acbrotherhoodbonus1lg.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
where did you get that is that a character in the game ? please answer !! good find(you can see the guy with the switch-blade behind and the monk) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i found it on gamestop preorder page:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalo...spx?product_id=77863 (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77863)

BK-110
05-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah, there's a monk, a nobleman and a thief in the background.

jimbo11235813
05-13-2010, 03:07 PM
I'd hate to be in the renaissance with leaping Harlequins jumping from buildings.

Anyway, that Harlequin looks AWESOME. Reminds me a bit of the Jester character in DMC3. I hope this character will be DLC at some point (and not for too much money) seeing as the code, or even the game, probably wouldn't work for me seeing as I live outside the US.

El_Sjietah
05-13-2010, 03:27 PM
That second pic looks hilarious and terrifying at the same time. Up until this moment I didn't think that possible.

Btw, there's 6 characters, not counting the harlequin; doctor, monk, brawler, thief/assassin, courtesan, nobleman/pirate/whatever the guy in the fancies is.

M-dahaka
05-13-2010, 03:48 PM
is he killing the brawler? does that mean it's not co-op?

albertwesker22
05-13-2010, 03:58 PM
The screenshot of Ezio at the coliseum. Did you see the crossbow? That was something that was teased in AC 1 in the opening cutscene in Acre. It never appeared in the game though, which let me down and left me on the verge of suicide(Slight exaggeration)

More reason for the multiplayer to be overcrowed with Ezio *****s.

TorQue1988
05-13-2010, 04:06 PM
The weapons trailer tweaked a little so the gameplay can be seen better:
http://www.gametrailers.com/us...preview-fixed/344452 (http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/acb-weapons-preview-fixed/344452)

KiaHofer
05-13-2010, 04:14 PM
I noticed here earlier that there were several comments regarding the possibility of playing a female character. Sounds great! Also noticed everyone saying that females are not assassins because eggs die off but sperm lasts forever.
What biology class were you in? Do you look at all like your Mom? Of course DNA is passed from the mother! Genetic memory or instinct is passed not just from male to male. A species would die off if that were the case. What about Lucy? Are you claiming she is "just aiding the cause"? She certainly seems to have history with the Assassins.
Enough of my rant. Just wanted to get some things set straight.

El_Sjietah
05-13-2010, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:
The screenshot of Ezio at the coliseum. Did you see the crossbow? That was something that was teased in AC 1 in the opening cutscene in Acre. It never appeared in the game though, which let me down and left me on the verge of suicide(Slight exaggeration)

More reason for the multiplayer to be overcrowed with Ezio *****s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Ubisoft is smart, they won't let Ezio be playable in multiplayer. Would be a ***** to create a balanced multiplayer experience around Ezio or Altair type gameplay anyway. They're good at everything. But when they create 6 completely new characters, they can make each have its own specialty.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KiaHofer:
I noticed here earlier that there were several comments regarding the possibility of playing a female character. Sounds great! Also noticed everyone saying that females are not assassins because eggs die off but sperm lasts forever.
What biology class were you in? Do you look at all like your Mom? Of course DNA is passed from the mother! Genetic memory or instinct is passed not just from male to male. A species would die off if that were the case. What about Lucy? Are you claiming she is "just aiding the cause"? She certainly seems to have history with the Assassins.
Enough of my rant. Just wanted to get some things set straight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read the argument more carefully before arguing the wrong thing.

albertwesker22
05-13-2010, 04:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KiaHofer:
Enough of my rant. Just wanted to get some things set straight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a difference between instinct and the genetic memory in the game. We're not saying woman can't pass her DNA on. If you think thats what people are getting at, then your ignorant and only hearing what you want to hear.

The genetic memory in Assassins Creed is a fictionalized version of what is being researched in realaity. Memory in assassins creed acts like a video game camera taping, thats why people can view events in the animus as if it were a DVD player(Hehe HD DNA! Thats COPYRIGHTED! YOU CAN'T STEAL IT http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

So since new sperm is produced, it is updated. You see think of sperm as video film(God these are terrible analogies right?) So Ezio can see years of Ezio's life. Woman don't produce new eggs and that the plot deadline when it comes to female assassins.

I'm not against female assassins, but if they put them in, it would be nice to see it explained in the game.

john63
05-13-2010, 04:45 PM
WHOA good point alberwesker22, I never thought about it like that. All of a woman's eggs are produced while she's still in he womb, and she goes through them throughout her life, so they (theoretically) never have a chance to update or incorporate new information.

So yeah, unless there's some mechanism I'm forgetting, genetic memory would need to be passed from father to son, every time. Hmm...

Then again, I don't think DNA is ever REALLY changed, in ANY cell of the human body... argh, too complicated. Can't I just zone out and stab something? :P

HECTORRAU7
05-13-2010, 04:45 PM
It might just be me but i think this guy kinda looks like Cesare Borgia...

http://i41.tinypic.com/30u7iap.jpg

KiaHofer
05-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Certainly not trying to be ignorant or insult anyone.
John63 was actually making my point for me. DNA doesn't change save for genetic mutations caused by some sort of outside stimuli. Also wouldn't you run the risk (completely ignoring real life, just dreaming in video game land) of never having a son? Entire lines of assassins would die off considering the risky career they pursue. And why is this all revolving around reproduction? Can't it be passed through the blood? New blood is made therefore it could also serve as a film strip. No risk of running out of assassins so long as you make some murdering babies!

albertwesker22
05-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Well it doesn't really matter anyway. There is a female assassin in Brotherhood, and I want to use those Fans!

john63
05-13-2010, 07:30 PM
lol well happy to help, KiaHofer :P

I thought about it a little more; DNA doesn't change, but the way that it's "packaged/expressed" does, depending on the stage of development.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics

So maybe genetic memory is carried through epigenetics?

...lol Yes, I'm a biology nerd :P

RicklePick_C137
05-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Some useful information (http://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-brotherhood-rory-20153/) leaked by gamestop i believe...

BuckyJLogo
05-13-2010, 11:58 PM
ezio altair. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
kwik ps. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">http://i-know-anything.blogspot.com/ </pre>
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-cUfPRYBUXM/S-zmP5BpO3I/AAAAAAAAALM/QzlBK1c6eMk/s1600/up2.JPG

M-dahaka
05-14-2010, 01:41 AM
lol @ Ezio's beard xD
I wonder what happened to Alta´r's armour though! maybe he lost it somehow.

BTW, found a problem in the "sperm updating" theory: in AC2, there's a short time you're following Maria. The sperm isn't "updated" when it's in her body, so maybe the memory works in another way. The point is: you can follow Alta´r untill he "delivers the package", and after that you follow Maria, so why wouldn't you be able to follow her before? Agreed, the eggs aren't updated, BUT the egg is in her body her whole life untill the birth, so there must be another way to "update" the memory.

samward
05-14-2010, 02:30 AM
Does anyone know if this will be a strictly Ezio story or will Desmond be in it as well? I have heard nothing to do so with finding temples and all that. So just wondering if this game is just a filler, a stepping stone in the story that will give us the info we need so that in AC3 we can start "saving the world" hahah. Just wondering if anyone knows anything.

El_Sjietah
05-14-2010, 03:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M-dahaka:
lol @ Ezio's beard xD

BTW, found a problem in the "sperm updating" theory: in AC2, there's a short time you're following Maria. The sperm isn't "updated" when it's in her body, so maybe the memory works in another way. The point is: you can follow Alta´r untill he "delivers the package", and after that you follow Maria, so why wouldn't you be able to follow her before? Agreed, the eggs aren't updated, BUT the egg is in her body her whole life untill the birth, so there must be another way to "update" the memory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because you're following the memories of the just concieved child.

Not that that's a flawless explanation, but meh.

TorQue1988
05-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Gametrailers set a release date 11/16/2010..........maybe the have some info
http://www.gametrailers.com/ga...ed-brotherhood/13148 (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/assassins-creed-brotherhood/13148)

M-dahaka
05-14-2010, 02:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M-dahaka:
lol @ Ezio's beard xD

BTW, found a problem in the "sperm updating" theory: in AC2, there's a short time you're following Maria. The sperm isn't "updated" when it's in her body, so maybe the memory works in another way. The point is: you can follow Alta´r untill he "delivers the package", and after that you follow Maria, so why wouldn't you be able to follow her before? Agreed, the eggs aren't updated, BUT the egg is in her body her whole life untill the birth, so there must be another way to "update" the memory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because you're following the memories of the just concieved child.

Not that that's a flawless explanation, but meh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do eggs create sperm then? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

El_Sjietah
05-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Not that I know.

(seriously, no idea where you're going with that)

ZerOMarK
05-14-2010, 03:14 PM

Anyone else notice the courtesan and the thief behind the Harlequin?

Murcuseo
05-14-2010, 03:17 PM
What with the progress in genetic engineering an'all,(this is half kidding, whole serious) is it not fair to say that in the future you could take the DNA of both a Male and Female Assassin and create a super Assassin... or basically any Assassin and create a cocktail,also is it not a reasonable train of thought to think that Minervas civilisation would already have the technology to do so... and more?

Think about the possibilities that opens up lol

If Desmonds ancestry already has a genetic code that allows imprinting on the fly its possible the DNA already has a mutation that imprints the memories from the Female Assassin directly into the strands of DNA in the eggs as the memories are produced.

The same as uploading new data...

Quite a ridiculous idea but still... you never know http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

albertwesker22
05-14-2010, 06:15 PM
[/QUOTE]Anyone else notice the courtesan and the thief behind the Harlequin?[/QUOTE]

No. I see an assassin, and a noble.

sm312
05-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Ok for those of you who live in the UK and US and are subscribers to PSM3 or PTOM have you received your new issue?

And if not since they have exclusive features on Assassin's Creed Brotherhood someone please try to buy a copy!! I would, but they don't sell either where I live.

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c54102/x2_14fdaed

Crucify Lucifer
05-14-2010, 11:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oOSilentPwnOo:
ive got too say somethings about this look absolutely horrible... i don't know just a feeling... of course we have basically no information, so no reason to judge yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh I got that feeling too. If it's a side plot that has absolutely nothing to do with AC3 then playing as Ezio again would be fine. But if it is the actual AC3, then I'll start gearing up for possible disappointment.

Solidpanic
05-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Jesus people: This is NOT AC3. Not at all. Just something to hold us over until then. Cant you people be happy? ****

Crucify Lucifer
05-14-2010, 11:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Solidpanic:
Jesus people: This is NOT AC3. Not at all. Just something to hold us over until then. Cant you people be happy? **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said anything about not being happy? I'm perfectly satisfied with AC2, but I won't judge this game yet. My only problem is the way it's presented, looks like it could potentially just end up being there just to rack in some money and have no depth or real quality at all. Like it was just thrown together to appeal to people who always wanted to dress like Renaissance clowns and team up in order to form an Assassin's Circus.

This is all mere speculation of course, who knows what it really has in store.

M-dahaka
05-15-2010, 02:58 AM
Not that I know.

(seriously, no idea where you're going with that) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the point was that you guys said we could only follow male assassin's because of the renewal of sperm in the male body, the genetic memory is updated, and since the eggs of the female body are there since the start, it's not updated, so we can't follow a female's memories.

I contradicted this theory with the part where we follow Maria: She's a woman and the baby is still just an egg, incapable of creating sperm. My point is that the genetic memory must be passed on in another way, so we should be able to follow females as well.

TheEpicWolf
05-15-2010, 05:05 AM
Just thought i would give an idea as to why Ezio does not wear Altair's Armour. It could be that instead of wearing his fathers old uniform/robe(whatever you want to call it)and always going around in Armour that can't break he may have decided that seeing how he is officially a bad*** Assassin now he should make his own unique to him robes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
It just makes sense he would want his own, rather then wearing second hand http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Looks pretty awesome :-D

El_Sjietah
05-15-2010, 05:21 AM

the point was that you guys said we could only follow male assassin's because of the renewal of sperm in the male body, the genetic memory is updated, and since the eggs of the female body are there since the start, it's not updated, so we can't follow a female's memories.

I contradicted this theory with the part where we follow Maria: She's a woman and the baby is still just an egg, incapable of creating sperm. My point is that the genetic memory must be passed on in another way, so we should be able to follow females as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the idea is that although the baby isn't producing sperm, it does contain cell producing cells, which would store the genetic memory. Then, when the reproductive organs kick in, the sperm producing cells would contain the memories of everything that happened before then as well and would pass those on to the sperm cells as well.

Not that this theory is flawless, but at least it makes kind of sense. Sort of. In a universe where there's such things as genetic memory to begin with.

M-dahaka
05-15-2010, 05:55 AM
hmm, i see your point... well, there are female assassins in AC:brotherhood, so i guess it is possible in a way.

PlagueDoctor357
05-15-2010, 07:07 AM
So someone here said Montreal is doing the singleplayer which is awesome. The gametrailers breakdown of the video says that a thing on the wall in the church they flash wasn't there until 1590

That's like 100 years after AC2.

Ezio looks AWESOME, you can tell they listened to fans who said they wanted Altairs armor (But not play as Altair) and kinda put them together.

The thing covering his neck looks sick compared to his little italian necklace!!

I don't think the online will have a REAL story point to it besides all those animuses being the reason for the online.

Im assuming since Dr.Vidic says JOIN US like 15 times that there will be some Templar specific classes also on the online.

Hopefully the SP only has you control Ezio and doesn't have to much crowd control though...Just give me basic AC with some new weapons and kickass writing like usual please.

Solidpanic
05-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Im thinking at the end of AC2 Ezio has the Apple on his waist in a little pouch. And if the timeline is correct it is a lil over a 100 years after the AC2. What if, because Ezio always carried the Apple qith him it gave him prolonged life?

mojsarn
05-15-2010, 09:08 AM
I am very curious about how this will play out. I mean, you will need to use some social stealth and I wonder how easy it will be to pick out the other gamers, since it is pretty hard to play so it will look like an AI, and not to mention the clothes.

PlagueDoctor357
05-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Im thinking it'll be team based something like Assassins vs a bunch of Templar classes.

Probably Capture the Flag and Deathmatches and stuff.

Parkour capture the flag? Could be amazing if done right.

Also Solid, if that were the case then Altair probably would of actually be alive still.

But who knows at this point.

Maybe Altair was their Grandfather and he actually built the villa or something because of the apple prolonging his life.

I don't know....I think the 3 protagonists all have the same face not because of what Desmond sees but because they just do....they also have Eagle vision because they probably have a real deep bloodline with Mineva and "The ones that came before" which is why they can resist the apple also.

After so many years the blood got diluted and this is why Desmond needed his Eagle Vision to be "Opened up" to him.