PDA

View Full Version : Please help on this one.....new to the game

pigeoncoup
02-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Hello all,

I just installed game for secound time. When I go to start playing the game it gives me this message....failure to initialize properly(0xc0000142) click ok to exit..... This is when I am on main start up screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated, it is very disappointing, I really wanted to try this one out today...anyway thanks in advance for any help!

pigeoncoup
02-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Hello all,

I just installed game for secound time. When I go to start playing the game it gives me this message....failure to initialize properly(0xc0000142) click ok to exit..... This is when I am on main start up screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated, it is very disappointing, I really wanted to try this one out today...anyway thanks in advance for any help!

fherathras
02-11-2005, 03:12 PM
make sure you have disc nr.2 in the drive

CrazyMarlin_PR
02-11-2005, 05:26 PM
If you are using a CDR or CDRW drive, the copy protection ;can cause that error... I think there is a no-cd patch or something...

By the way, if you are new and play the game in stand-alone format, check out the Pacific Fighters Stand-Alone group...

PFSAA (http://www.predatorsquad.com/pfsaa)

jarink
02-11-2005, 07:53 PM
I don't have to have any CD in my drive...

Please no one accuse me of illicit activity; I just did a stand-alone install of PF, installed the 3.04 patch. The game wouldn't start, so I d/l'ed the rts.dll fix.

Maybe you could try the same thing?

LEXX_Luthor
02-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Does it work out of the box, without any Patch?

I think...editing

Which Patch...

3.04 over 3.03
3.04 over 3.0

You do the version that needs 3.03 ??

Wellcome to Forgotten Board