PDA

View Full Version : my opinion about expansions

sanctuary.gr
04-11-2011, 04:24 AM
I do not think that heroes 6 should have more than 8 fanctions.I believe it should have 2 expanson with 2 more factions in the first one (sylvan and dungeon) and a whole new one in the second one.
I would also want to say that what I liked most in heroes in the wake of gods was that every faction had a general in the battlefield as the 8th tier,he and the troops was taking xp and you could give him items.
i would like to see that again.
thx

sanctuary.gr
04-11-2011, 04:24 AM
I do not think that heroes 6 should have more than 8 fanctions.I believe it should have 2 expanson with 2 more factions in the first one (sylvan and dungeon) and a whole new one in the second one.
I would also want to say that what I liked most in heroes in the wake of gods was that every faction had a general in the battlefield as the 8th tier,he and the troops was taking xp and you could give him items.
i would like to see that again.
thx

Asterisk
04-11-2011, 06:05 AM
I think 8 is a good number, but I'd not want anyone else besides units to fight in battles. It's gonna be either extremely unbalanced or insignificant. Both ways = no fun.

CosminDTS2
04-11-2011, 11:25 AM
You have a general,it's your hero >.> He can atack,he can cast spells,what else do you need? As for the factions,they can put as many as they can as long is the faction is done well,not just made so they can sell the expansion becouse that is dissapointing and greedy.

sanctuary.gr
04-11-2011, 12:35 PM
i believe that you have a point but i still think it is a good idea.the best option of course would be the player to choose wether he want this general i gameplay or not like in the wog.
anyway i was hoping you all concetrate in the units xp option more than the general.
remember when after a certain level units obtained new abilities?
wasn't it the best way to congrat the one who in a multiplayer game was actually fighting instead of just waiting inside his castle until everyone kill each other?
it was a good way to make players keep fighting cause 40 veteran could kill 60 unexperienced units.

Thunion
04-12-2011, 09:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">wasn't it the best way to congrat the one who in a multiplayer game was actually fighting instead of just waiting inside his castle until everyone kill each other?
it was a good way to make players keep fighting cause 40 veteran could kill 60 unexperienced units. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats an feature of Rpg,you its a strategy game and siting in castle MAY be the strategy,if you allow other to just sit there unpunishable and forget him of course you gonna lose becouse you are bad strategist.Strategy isint only about who wins of field of battle...

Fever_K
04-12-2011, 02:36 PM
8 factions would be a very good number for me as well. We could get 2 expansions in a couple of years.

The first one should bring Academy and Dungeon: they are among the most played and beloved factions in the whole series.
It's great to see the new direction of H6, but there are some things you can't do without, like the amazing Titans vs Black Dragons clash, which is a trademark of the series since H2!

In the second expansion they could bring back Elves (I hope not), Dwarves (even less desirable) or a brand new faction (why not?), plus alternative creature upgrades like in ToE or some other major change or feature we've never seen before!

Thunion
04-12-2011, 10:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In the second expansion they could bring back Elves (I hope not), Dwarves (even less desirable) or a brand new faction (why not?), plus alternative creature upgrades like in ToE or some other major change or feature we've never seen before! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You hopes wont be satisfied,there is no such faction as Dark Elves yet(In H6 Timelane) they first have to break away from "Normal" elves so i dont think there could be away Dark Elves appearing before "Normal" ones.

mcgslo
04-13-2011, 04:27 AM
I would be satisfied with 9 factions.

I know that balance can be an issue but in every game ultimately there is only one way to win, one race that is better, one power that is the most powerful.

I would even want more than 9 faction more the better... heroes specially can compensate for lack of balance.
If they make smart random map generator which would also include some balanced faction position... like one faction is better but it gets a little bit harder position and "lesser" faction gets more resources so it can expand more quicker, or one better artifact or something...

I think with careful planning, good ideas, and lots of work and testing, they could include even more than 9 factions.

Example if heroes 3 would only have 3 factions (for balance sake) it wouldn't be as successful at it is. And it would become boring pretty fast.

My opinion only.

Thunion
04-13-2011, 05:22 AM
I think 9 factions would be good Add Dark Elves/Elves/Academy/ And meybe dwarves.Of course there should be puted alots of work into balance.But well we can have every faction unque i think.Dark Elves stealthier and good destruction magic,Elves take summoning,Acdemy relyng more on machinical units i think this should be more expanded,and dwarves meybe less in numbers but with better armor/weapons.

sanctuary.gr
04-13-2011, 05:45 AM
in heroes 3 dwarves used to be tier 2 in rampat.
since we are 400 years before heroes 5 why not have elves and warves in a single castle with other creatures of the forest.lets say that in such an era the dwarves have not yet gone deep in the mines.they of course use them for their resources but they do not live deep into the dungeons but in the forest with the elves.
it is just an idea but i think it might be fun having the elven might archery with the unbreakable armor of a dwarf.

Thunion
04-13-2011, 05:51 AM
sorry story has been written allready and dwarves allready are gone into the underground 400years ago.

sanctuary.gr
04-13-2011, 06:14 AM
you really know everything about heroes.
i pass.

Fever_K
04-13-2011, 01:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thunion:
You hopes wont be satisfied,there is no such faction as Dark Elves yet(In H6 Timelane) they first have to break away from "Normal" elves so i dont think there could be away Dark Elves appearing before "Normal" ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right, but I'm confident they can find a justification for this, in the same way we are now getting orcs (created by wizards) and necromancers (a sect of the wizards), but not the wizards themselves (Academy not in the game)!

In addition, the Dungeon faction doesn't need to be the same as H5: I hope that Black Dragons, Hydras, Minotaurs etc. will be in H6 expansions even without the "Dark Elves theme"!

Zanosan
04-13-2011, 09:20 PM
I love the Dark Elves story line. I can't wait to find out who are the Faceless! And besides, the Darkelves are way cooler than the regular eleves!

I hope the devs emphasize the stealthly features of darkelves like in ToE! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Thunion
04-14-2011, 08:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I hope the devs emphasize the stealthly features of darkelves like in ToE! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah toe got somthing like stealth but i want it to be more important,and heroes to have stealth realitated skills to.

GoranXII
04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thunion:
You hopes wont be satisfied,there is no such faction as Dark Elves yet(In H6 Timelane) they first have to break away from "Normal" elves so i dont think there could be away Dark Elves appearing before "Normal" ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, they broke away a generation ago (540 YSD then, it's now 564 YSD), they're just not underground yet.

ChaosArchon85
04-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Which do you think would be more suitable for the return of the dungeon faction?

Preserving the dark-elves
or
Re-introducing a lizard faction

- Maintaining a "dark-eves" theme and working their mysterious clans into the story may mean preserving the stealth concept for the hidey-elves, and explaining the dark-elves (and their allied minotaurs, lizards, and dragons) origins more fully

- Redesigning a lizard-themed army with hydras, basilisks, and dragons being highlighted would likely mean no minotaurs, stealth, or dark-elves (yet), but a story focusing on "the Faceless" and how they evolve their strange subterranean lizard forces into the dungeon of HoMMV.

Shawn85
04-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Adding both elves factions in expansions to the exclusion of academy is assanine. The wizards are arguably the most important faction in the series for numerous reasons. Other than the fact you usually start off as haven, for all intents and purposes the wizards are the ones who get stuff done. Think zehir in homm5; academy has MADE many of this worlds inhabitants, there the only athiests, there the strongest magic users, they beat up necromancers, and the silver cities are right there! Its impossible not to have them and there were easily amongt the most loved in previous iterations. Another faction that is loved is dungeon, while I personally despise them its hard not to see their merit. Warlocks, greek monsters and destruction magic equals win. Now sylvan is another story, doesn't get much wimpier than them. I would loooovvee if sylvan adopted an apache native american theme. It would make them bad *** and 1 of my favorites. Academy in a big way for the first expansion. I've heard from others and I like the idea of a wizard vs warlock theme for the first expansion.
Cheers

sanctuary.gr
04-15-2011, 01:22 AM
if you read about heroes 6 creatures you will see a lot of reference in wizards.even if i prefere elves from academy i believe that acording to the stotyline wizard simple have to be added in the next expansion.i only pray sylvan will get added as well in future ones.

LGbest
04-15-2011, 01:28 AM
I just cant wait for the moment when I will see AGAIN MY DUNGEONSssssssssssss ) : hope they will be in the expansion !!! and how they will look http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Thunion
04-15-2011, 02:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually, they broke away a generation ago (540 YSD then, it's now 564 YSD), they're just not underground yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for correction,just dont bothere to go into wiki to learn exact date ;D

GoranXII
04-15-2011, 03:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shawn85:
Adding both elves factions in expansions to the exclusion of academy is assanine. The wizards are arguably the most important faction in the series for numerous reasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>564 is the Demon Incursion, 566 is the Day of the Tears of Fire, Elves are closer to the 'current day' than Academy, although IMO Academy should have been in Vanilla, rather than Stronghold.

Thanks for correction,just dont bothere to go into wiki to learn exact date ;D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't need to, the Heroes Community main site hosts a copy (http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/timeline.shtml) of the time.

Shawn85
04-15-2011, 11:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sanctuary.gr:
if you read about heroes 6 creatures you will see a lot of reference in wizards.even if i prefere elves from academy i believe that acording to the stotyline wizard simple have to be added in the next expansion.i only pray sylvan will get added as well in future ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats a very fair statement. if ubisoft has a brain theres no way they will not add first and foremost academy, and then both elves factions. considering the comments on this site and many other gaming sites, excluding any of these would be the best way to alienate a large percentage of the fan base.

BlueLore
04-17-2011, 09:56 AM
I think it is ok to have more than 8 factions with the expansions,I think the more the better,of course I know that it is hard to balance more factions,but I think,that if balance issues appear,they can fix them with patches.