PDA

View Full Version : The new weekly

Apolloassn13
02-28-2019, 07:02 PM
I see you guys added in berserker as the weekly arcade boss for each level with an extra perk.Because you know how cancerous he is, itís like a spit in the face.

WarrenPeace45
02-28-2019, 07:10 PM
Not only is he a level 3 bot that parrys everything, they decided to give him lvl 1 bleed, level 2 Heal off attacks and level 3 Damage buff. His already almost impossible to block or parry lights just make this hard for low hp heroís especially assassins on console. They really do love spitting in our face

Vendelkin
02-28-2019, 08:39 PM
Ill be analyzing his ai later today when i get the chance for my youtube tutorial videos. I havent done the quest yet today but ill pipe in again once i have time.

Apolloassn13
02-28-2019, 08:53 PM
Ill be analyzing his ai later today when i get the chance for my youtube tutorial videos. I havent done the quest yet today but ill pipe in again once i have time.

I finished it, I just had to turtle super hard, which is super boring.

EvoX.
02-28-2019, 09:25 PM
It's just 1v1's...

Apolloassn13
02-28-2019, 10:11 PM
It's just 1v1's...
Thanks captain obvious

Vendelkin
02-28-2019, 10:29 PM
Still havent had the time, just 1v1s is lame tho, gonna be a more boring weekly video haha. but I've started making other content tho that'll make up for it.

Jastorm187
02-28-2019, 10:50 PM
I'll be interested in arcade when they remove the gear score requirement (and buff/debuff) and fix the bot mechanics so they dont break core mechanics just to be harder.

Fight Fair and on the same level (modifiers not included) and ill play every week.

Vendelkin
02-28-2019, 11:55 PM
I was right! He does have both exploitable and predictable ai patterns! Im testing more stuff but he has a vulnerablity to stuns and left side parries because he hard reacts with his zone if you stun him via varied methods and you can then instinct parry for good dmg. Ill discuss more detail in my vid tho when its done.

mann61299
03-01-2019, 02:07 AM
I was right! He does have both exploitable and predictable ai patterns! Im testing more stuff but he has a vulnerablity to stuns and left side parries because he hard reacts with his zone if you stun him via varied methods and you can then instinct parry for good dmg. Ill discuss more detail in my vid tho when its done.
I'll need your video...chapter 4 sucks! He regains full health on my blocks!?

Vendelkin
03-01-2019, 03:25 AM
Video's up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTkMl_yXt6c

Who do you play as in these quests? I feature aramusha, Shugoki, and Shinobi this time around. Shugoki definately was the hardes,t also I do these things from a console perspective. in case anyone wonders. I could try to test some things out for your specific hero if youd like since most AI patterns are matchup related as far as I can tell.

rottmeister
03-01-2019, 04:44 PM
I found this weekly arcade to be the easiest by far!

Completed it 4 times each with different characters in +/- 30 minutes total and didn't die a lot (even aced it with PK).

Characters with soft feints tend to make the experience far easier as I've had the most 'trouble' with Nobushi (I played it with Nuxia, Shaman, Nobushi and Peacekeeper).

I'd say turtle and use softfeints if possible. The Zerk is fairly predictable so it shouldn't be that hard to turtle :)

EvoX.
03-01-2019, 09:23 PM
If there ever was a week to farm the effect(s), this is the one. Completing it takes 5-6 minutes, the Zerk likes to use the dodge attack constantly for no reason, giving free light parries.

Probably the easiest quest so far.

mann61299
03-01-2019, 10:06 PM
If there ever was a week to farm the effect(s), this is the one. Completing it takes 5-6 minutes, the Zerk likes to use the dodge attack constantly for no reason, giving free light parries.

Probably the easiest quest so far.

With a friend, last week was simple (with environmental kills on every chapter). Maybe this week would be easier to solo than to do with a partner (problem is I don't have arcade mode). I think I may just wait until next week to play it again.

mann61299
03-01-2019, 10:08 PM
Video's up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTkMl_yXt6c

Who do you play as in these quests? I feature aramusha, Shugoki, and Shinobi this time around. Shugoki definately was the hardes,t also I do these things from a console perspective. in case anyone wonders. I could try to test some things out for your specific hero if youd like since most AI patterns are matchup related as far as I can tell.

I am using Black Prior (with 180ref2 gear). I have all 3 pink plasma and 2 crimson conquest from farming last week so I only need to beat it once this week to finish his effects. However, I don't own arcade so I always play the mode with a friend.

Ubiflowessence
03-02-2019, 12:49 AM
Thanks for feedback guys I'll share this with the team! I've seen a mixed bag when it comes to this weekly arcade quest with some feeling it was easier than previous ones and others finding it to be more difficult.

I'm curious to get everyone's thoughts on why you think that is? Does it depend on the hero you use or is it simply in the way that you fight?

Vendelkin
03-02-2019, 05:24 AM
With a friend, last week was simple (with environmental kills on every chapter). Maybe this week would be easier to solo than to do with a partner (problem is I don't have arcade mode). I think I may just wait until next week to play it again.

Thanks for feedback guys I'll share this with the team! I've seen a mixed bag when it comes to this weekly arcade quest with some feeling it was easier than previous ones and others finding it to be more difficult.

I'm curious to get everyone's thoughts on why you think that is? Does it depend on the hero you use or is it simply in the way that you fight?
For this quest it very much depends on which hero you play as. Also some luck as far as when the berserker decides to just do a dodge attack from neutral.

For mann
Presumably bp has a hard time him cause of the reliance on either bash or the vulnerability to gb for the bulwark counter, given a good zerk feints a lot. You may be able to utilize full block safely for a second hit in a chain but i would never keep it upa further than that cause of feint game. Focus on your parries and find moments to bash him outta his hyper armor.

Also yeah solo is probably better this week to avoid feeding revenge, however his health pool isnt huge so if you gank well and then disengage for revenge it may not be terrible. I havent 2 manned this weeks yet tho myself.

mann61299
03-03-2019, 04:22 AM
For this quest it very much depends on which hero you play as. Also some luck as far as when the berserker decides to just do a dodge attack from neutral.

For mann
Presumably bp has a hard time him cause of the reliance on either bash or the vulnerability to gb for the bulwark counter, given a good zerk feints a lot. You may be able to utilize full block safely for a second hit in a chain but i would never keep it upa further than that cause of feint game. Focus on your parries and find moments to bash him outta his hyper armor.

Also yeah solo is probably better this week to avoid feeding revenge, however his health pool isnt huge so if you gank well and then disengage for revenge it may not be terrible. I havent 2 manned this weeks yet tho myself.

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't played any more arcade yet this week, but if I do, this should help.