PDA

View Full Version : Letter to the Developers

ppartyka
11-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Developers at Ubi Montreal,

One of the most fun games I've played in a while is your Assassins Creed title. This is exactly what I was looking for, a great game, a great story, and just plain fun. You have redefined crowd mechanics, social stealth, and stealth in general. You leave the ending open for a second game, and I really hope that pulls through. Based on the ending of your current game I sense that we might see a ninja based title, either later on or even possibly as a sequel. Then again the bleeding out effect also has its possibilities. However, as long as the next game follows a similar formula regarding, free running, climbing, social situations, and stealth, I'm sure it'll be great.

The game even being one of the most fun I've ever played, still lacked something's that I thought would be basic. Such as, a few night missions, and or a mission in which you should sneak around not being caught or seen or killing anyone but the target. Also regarding replay value, I hate having to sit through the whole conversations at the beginning of the memory block, before I can actually replay the mission. Also, and I'm sure you get this a lot, the repetitiveness of the investigation missions will get to a person. The informant missions, were always fun and a rush. I feel however if you developed more intricate side missions then that would of helped a little. For example, instead of pick pocketing someone just after they talk to someone, you'd have to wait until night time when that person gets home alone without his guard, and you'd have to steal the item from his/her house unnoticed. Overall however, I will state again that you out did yourselves none-the-less.

Story, and story execution was absolutely phenomenal. There are things still yet to be explained about Altair's wife, as well as Lucy's place in all of this. Being an archaeologist I must say figuring out all the writings and codes, names etc. wasn't hard at all, especially when in the field of such topics. But taking these, ideas and executing them in the ways that you did were absolutely amazing. Finally I just want to say thank you for an excellent game and I hope the consensus agrees that a sequel should be on its way.

Regards, J.P.

ppartyka
11-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Developers at Ubi Montreal,

One of the most fun games I've played in a while is your Assassins Creed title. This is exactly what I was looking for, a great game, a great story, and just plain fun. You have redefined crowd mechanics, social stealth, and stealth in general. You leave the ending open for a second game, and I really hope that pulls through. Based on the ending of your current game I sense that we might see a ninja based title, either later on or even possibly as a sequel. Then again the bleeding out effect also has its possibilities. However, as long as the next game follows a similar formula regarding, free running, climbing, social situations, and stealth, I'm sure it'll be great.

The game even being one of the most fun I've ever played, still lacked something's that I thought would be basic. Such as, a few night missions, and or a mission in which you should sneak around not being caught or seen or killing anyone but the target. Also regarding replay value, I hate having to sit through the whole conversations at the beginning of the memory block, before I can actually replay the mission. Also, and I'm sure you get this a lot, the repetitiveness of the investigation missions will get to a person. The informant missions, were always fun and a rush. I feel however if you developed more intricate side missions then that would of helped a little. For example, instead of pick pocketing someone just after they talk to someone, you'd have to wait until night time when that person gets home alone without his guard, and you'd have to steal the item from his/her house unnoticed. Overall however, I will state again that you out did yourselves none-the-less.

Story, and story execution was absolutely phenomenal. There are things still yet to be explained about Altair's wife, as well as Lucy's place in all of this. Being an archaeologist I must say figuring out all the writings and codes, names etc. wasn't hard at all, especially when in the field of such topics. But taking these, ideas and executing them in the ways that you did were absolutely amazing. Finally I just want to say thank you for an excellent game and I hope the consensus agrees that a sequel should be on its way.

Regards, J.P.

Hassan-Sabbah
11-27-2007, 12:36 AM
As far as not being seen, "historically" the Assassins wanted witnesses. Their killings were ment to attract political attention. Mid Age "Shock and awe" if you will...

But, I agree, there were a few things that could have been polished up (I am so tired of having to listen to Al Mualim everytime I want to free-roam on Memory block 6!).

Overall, and absolutely great game and I too am eagerly awaiting a sequel.

An archeologist? Do you have a particular field of specialization?

ppartyka
11-27-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm a lithic analyst. I've worked in the Near East, North Atlantic, as well as in Mesoamerica, and Indus valley sites. I'm doing my disertation on the floor skulls of Catal Huyuk in turkey, but will end up working in the North Atlantic with Tom McGovern.

Yes and I'd have to agree with you that the assassins work was to be noticed, but this game isn't totally historically accurate, and I just thought a fun gameplay feature would be to sneak around etc.