PDA

View Full Version : Berserker needs a nerf!

Dane520123
02-24-2019, 04:05 AM
Why is he still the way he is? Especially on console blocking his crap is almost impossible especially as an assassin!. Then you rub extra salt in the wound by giving him a butt load of hyper armor like wtf man?. Are you serious ? Iím done with this game man **** it.

ChampionRuby50g
02-24-2019, 04:24 AM
Isnít this like 20th post youíve made In which youíve said youíre done with this game?

HighGround_S3G
02-24-2019, 05:08 AM
Why is he still the way he is? Especially on console blocking his crap is almost impossible especially as an assassin!. Then you rub extra salt in the wound by giving him a butt load of hyper armor like wtf man?. Are you serious ? Iím done with this game man **** it.

I agree, but the problem isn't berzerker, the problem is hyper armor. Shugoki and Berzerker are both now OP because you cannot interrupt their attacks. Berz can just spam attacks the whole match and you can't interrupt him, if you attack him it doesn't do anything but he just keeps attacking you, you can't counter hyper armor!

Shugoki is just as bad. He can laugh at you while you are hitting him and he can take away 1/3 of your health away in a single attack. I've been 3 shot by a shugoki. And it takes me 6-10 hits to kill him. It's ridiculous. Plus you can't interrupt them most of the time.

Vendelkin
02-24-2019, 10:23 AM
I agree, but the problem isn't berzerker, the problem is hyper armor. Shugoki and Berzerker are both now OP because you cannot interrupt their attacks. Berz can just spam attacks the whole match and you can't interrupt him, if you attack him it doesn't do anything but he just keeps attacking you, you can't counter hyper armor!

Shugoki is just as bad. He can laugh at you while you are hitting him and he can take away 1/3 of your health away in a single attack. I've been 3 shot by a shugoki. And it takes me 6-10 hits to kill him. It's ridiculous. Plus you can't interrupt them most of the time.

Even the new shugoki is very easy to kill if you learn him right. And hyper armor absolutely belongs on him. Its how he operates full trade. HA is not innately OP but has very specific usefulness. That said berserker may have a bit too much HA but i personally dont want to see him nerfed.

Deflects need to be buffed tho to end opponent combo always and stop any actove hyper armor.

Also bashes beat any HA.

papa_joseph1
02-25-2019, 12:29 AM

Interesting fact, Law Bringer, you know the 7 foot tall gaint of a man in full plate armor? less hyper armor then Beserker, a man who barely is wearing anything.

papa_joseph1
02-25-2019, 12:49 AM
Agreed entirely, Beserker does far too much damage with far too little risk, In 4V4s he is broken overpowered at the moment, I've been pretty statisfied with the way heroes have been but always grind my teeth the moment i see gank squads of beserkers, it's unfun, unfair and blatantly poorly thought out.

He needs to lose his uninterruptible status on most of his attacks along with his hyper armor, give him something more interesting then spam moves.

Vendelkin
02-25-2019, 02:42 AM
Agreed entirely, Beserker does far too much damage with far too little risk, In 4V4s he is broken overpowered at the moment, I've been pretty statisfied with the way heroes have been but always grind my teeth the moment i see gank squads of beserkers, it's unfun, unfair and blatantly poorly thought out.

He needs to lose his uninterruptible status on most of his attacks along with his hyper armor, give him something more interesting then spam moves.

He has more interesting moves, they just never come out in ganks haha.

So ive given it more thought. Hyper armor is a definable part of his kit. And if others attack him through it as who he isnt targeting he will go down fast. BUT i digress there is a bit much.

My thought at this point is that it should be removed from all lights except his top dash light.

Goat_of_Vermund
02-25-2019, 08:54 AM
I agree. He should lose hyperarmor in his infinite chain's light attacks and on the feint 400ms light attack. If he whiffed a heavy, you still can't hit him 100% safe, he can always switch from infinite to bear mauler (the three heavies) or just go right into the inifinite top finisher, both are hyperarmored.

I don't care what anyone says, berserker doesn't take skill. Yes, it is good if you have some, but it's not a requirement. You just learn some mixups, not necessarily difficult ones, just four or five, you get armor on them, and from that point, your only job is to not be parried or hit by a bash. You can completely ignore the fact that you are hitting the air, something that almost everyone else is punished for unless very specific circumstances meet, you can easily pressure someone exhausted, you can even turtle for some of the best and safest parry punishes and deflect punishes in the game (28 damage zone on heavy parries, followed by a hyperarmored delayed 400ms light from any direction). If the lights would lose hyperarmor, he would need a head and eyes.

Faithly88
02-25-2019, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't want to see him nerfed because I honestly enjoy a good dust up with decent Zerker (Orochi main).

What I don't enjoy is the Constant feinting (which is part of his identity 100%) but the second hit having Hyper armour IMO is 2 much. It just gives him a ridiculous ability to trade with hard hitters (and mostly win) but literally destroy an assassin class character most of which are not comparable to him at all...

Take his Hyper armour after his 3rd attack and his play style would vastly improve and people wouldn't feel absolutely cheated constantly.

IMO zerker is the only class that truly feels like an " assassin " I use that term lightly.... Ubi seems keen to shove everyone down the same sewage pipe -_-

Tyrjo
02-25-2019, 09:13 AM
I could see the damage being toned down a bit. Feinted 400ms lights with hyper armor doing 12 dmg, not 15. Basic side heavies doing 30, not 33.

The_B0G_
02-26-2019, 09:07 AM
When you fight a good zerker, it feels like they have unlimited revenge mode. His feints are so fast you can't even parry most of it.

RagingtheReturn
02-27-2019, 05:32 AM
The problem that zerker has is so much damn hyper armor its ridiculous. No assassin should have anywhere near the amount of hyper armor that zerker was given. If he's going to have 400 ms attacks and ridiculously fast feints then he has to lose some of that hyper armor. He shouldn't have both since you cant interrupt him short of Guard break.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-27-2019, 05:49 PM

You're the reason special education exists.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-27-2019, 05:51 PM
The problem that zerker has is so much damn hyper armor its ridiculous. No assassin should have anywhere near the amount of hyper armor that zerker was given. If he's going to have 400 ms attacks and ridiculously fast feints then he has to lose some of that hyper armor. He shouldn't have both since you cant interrupt him short of Guard break.

Yet Jiang Jun has attacks of an assassin, and Kensei is the assassin of the Vanguard (Having a dash side attack.) Your point is futile when other classes have the attacks of assassins.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-27-2019, 05:54 PM

Your message is the equivalent to nothing. You say nerf hyper armor but if you do that berserker has nothing. Provide some things to replace hyper armor to still make him viable and maybe the devs will listen.