PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki needs to be punished when he does the run in a corridor.

dacinui
02-24-2019, 12:07 AM
At the moment shugoki is 'stopped' by an invisible wall when he tries to run you over near a ledge,in my honest opinion he should just fall over,this would make shugokis think before doing that ****ty spam in ganks .

A shugoki near point C at the Tree ( forgot the name of the map ) while crossing the brigde is a sure death for anyone that tries to cross on the short way .

Shugoki can just sit there and do spam ledges all day because he's stopped by an invisible wall,that has currently no drawback.

Vendelkin
02-24-2019, 12:48 AM
Literally the only terrain a shugoki can dominate is a corridor. They already nerfed the bump distance and there are always ways to manuever around to a different entrance.

He is the big fat boy. And he has no distance cover nor ability to force or keep people engaged in combat. Making his charge poyentially suicide would be very foolish. Its a very high cost move for the little shove it gives (stamina wise) and makes him vulnerable when he ends his charge. Also its utterly useless in open areas.

I understand your frustration but that is by design how shugoki is meant to operate. He is the wall. And if you choose to fight him on his turf thats on you, cause sjugoki cant chase for beans even with feline grace @_@

MuscleTech12018
02-24-2019, 12:57 AM
You can easily know how bad are the developers of this game when even when they rework a character they just give him broken animations and abuse moves :)) priceless.

RenegadeRasta
02-24-2019, 02:48 AM
You can easily know how bad are the developers of this game when even when they rework a character they just give him broken animations and abuse moves :)) priceless.

We can always just mAkE oUr oWn gAmE.

mann61299
02-24-2019, 02:50 AM
I don't think the devs are bad...but it doesn't take long to realize the heroes aren't balanced. I still enjoy the game anyway.

dacinui
02-24-2019, 11:30 AM
Shugoki has now been reworked,he can hold on his own without needing to spam that ****ty corridor mechanic.

He needs to get punished a lot more now .

RenegadeRasta
02-24-2019, 10:46 PM
Shugoki has now been reworked,he can hold on his own without needing to spam that ****ty corridor mechanic.

He needs to get punished a lot more now .

He gets punished plenty after a whiffed hug.

dacinui
02-25-2019, 03:48 PM
Then don't whiff it.

The tracking is quite good and aslong as you don't get predictable with it it's ok

RenegadeRasta
02-25-2019, 08:56 PM
Then don't whiff it.

The tracking is quite good and aslong as you don't get predictable with it it's ok I'm saying that he gets big punish already, and that he doesn't need anymore of it.

Sneakly20
02-25-2019, 09:05 PM
Then don't whiff it.

The tracking is quite good and aslong as you don't get predictable with it it's ok

Itís not really that simple. Even considering the move is risky against a decent opponent. He has absolutely no chase down. If he misses a hug you can actually roll it and still have enough time to heavy.

No move in the game should have a recovery as long as hug. Itís tracking is good if you are not ready for it. Itís pretty easy to see coming and even the heavy isnít that convincing because youíre able to tell when he lets it fly.

Vendelkin
02-25-2019, 10:17 PM
Itís not really that simple. Even considering the move is risky against a decent opponent. He has absolutely no chase down. If he misses a hug you can actually roll it and still have enough time to heavy.

No move in the game should have a recovery as long as hug. Itís tracking is good if you are not ready for it. Itís pretty easy to see coming and even the heavy isnít that convincing because youíre able to tell when he lets it fly.

When fighting anyone i seldom backroll. I kinda hate dodgin out like that. I really need to start doing so on shugokis tho. Its just not my style to run away.

Vakris_One
02-26-2019, 12:14 AM
When fighting anyone i seldom backroll. I kinda hate dodgin out like that. I really need to start doing so on shugokis tho. Its just not my style to run away.
When you hit that MMR pool where everyone is playing to the optimal safest offense and pulling dodge rolls on your most potent mixups you'll soon change your tune :)

But you don't even need to dodge roll to avoid Shugo's hug. Just watch his animations when he charges the heavy. You can spot him lowering his head like a charging bull and you can learn to dodge the incoming hug very consistently after a bit of practice. You can even go by looking at his stamina bar and seeing the stamina being used for the hug before the hug animation even begins.

Vendelkin
02-26-2019, 02:34 AM
When you hit that MMR pool where everyone is playing to the optimal safest offense and pulling dodge rolls on your most potent mixups you'll soon change your tune :)

But you don't even need to dodge roll to avoid Shugo's hug. Just watch his animations when he charges the heavy. You can spot him lowering his head like a charging bull and you can learn to dodge the incoming hug very consistently after a bit of practice. You can even go by looking at his stamina bar and seeing the stamina being used for the hug before the hug animation even begins.

I have hit that position i have another thread about ranked currently. Im only gold 3 atm but last season i was plat 4 on entry. While ranking earlier today i fought at least 3 people who constantly rolled my attacks and turtled me. I did beat two of the three tho. Its annoying as heck and precisely why i dont do it. Shugoki is about the only situation i personally felt i should learn to do it for.
I like the ability to roll in 4v4s is the only reason i dont want em nerfed haha.

I need to spend some time in a training arena with a shugoki. So i can get the timing down. Today was my first time playing a duel scenario since this seasons release. Kinda been all about that breach mode and just daily orders. So it was my first time handling shugokis in an entirely 1v1 scenario. I thought it qould be easier for me tho cause i play shugoki haha.

Were kinda off topic tho :)

Shugoki is fat. He commands a fat space. Dont get in his skinny fat zones or jelly bouncing may occur. No one wants to get fatted. But he worked for them jelly rolls and fat is as fat do.

There thatll do it.

Tundra 793
02-26-2019, 04:28 AM
At the moment shugoki is 'stopped' by an invisible wall when he tries to run you over near a ledge,in my honest opinion he should just fall over

I don't really give two ****s about balance, but I would pay much gold to have this in game for no other reason than how unfairly funny it would be to see that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg

EvoX.
02-26-2019, 05:41 AM
At the moment shugoki is 'stopped' by an invisible wall when he tries to run you over near a ledge,in my honest opinion he should just fall over

This would be hilarious. I've also wanted Centurion's Achilles execution to do the same - when he walks away like a badass after the stab, if there's a ledge in front he falls off. I think I would die of laughter.