PDA

View Full Version : My whacky Altair's Chronicles theory!! (Spoilers for Chronicles)

JudgeQwerty
11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
So I was playing through the game again and it occured to me that I'm basicly playing the original, only remade in some bizarre Prince of Persia-like alternate universe.

1) Why does Altair 'return home' to Alep and not Masyaf? Historically, Alep was quite a trouble spot for the Assassins. It was in Aleppo that the Assassins made their 'grand entrance' by assassinating several political nfigures opposed to Aleppo's ruler, Radwan. For awhile, it was likely a safehaven for the order before Radwan died and the assassins were driven from the city by their vengeful rivals. In this workld, perhaps they were never driven out and were never forced to move to Masyaf.

2) Did you notice that Al Mualim looks and sounds like a completely different person? Perhaps because in this world, a DIFFERENT, less maniacal leader was appointed to be the Master of the Syrian sect of assassins. Living in an established city as opposed to hovering in the mountains, there would not be as much need for the frightening paranoia and control excihibited by AC1's Al Mualim.

3) AC1's Tamir is a thin, Damascus merchant with templar connections. AC2's Tamir is a fat, Damascus merchant with Templar connections. Confusing casting or intentional connection? I believe they are in fact intended to be the same character. Did he grow fat in this world where he was not required to obsess over the arming of thousands of men? Did he not have to lose weight when he could sit back and relax?

4) Alaat and other oddly named templars are all over the place. I suspect in this world, the Templars are publicly a cross-cultural group. Otherwise, this makes no sense at all. Else, why would they be everywhere? In this universe, did they simply use their vast connections and establish an independanbt identity much earlier than in the AC world?

5) Lord Basilisk. Where did this guy come from, most people ask... I think a better question is, who is he and does he seem at all familiar?You don;t rteally think his mother NAMED him Basilisk... Tall, muscular, heavily armoured templar leader out to claim an artifact inorder to rule the Holy Land... who does that sound like, hmm..? Perhaps if we shave off all that red hair and-*GASP* Robert de Sable!!! Of course!!

5) Harash, the Assassin trator from nowhere. Or is he...? Perhaps this scheming assassin is angry that he never became 'The Master' in this world... DUN DUN DUUUN!! (Actually, I kinda forget what Harash looks like... but I remember him wearing black!)

6) 'The Chalice is a chick? How is THIS going to help us take over the world?' Only a year from the events of the first game, the Templars are looking for a woman and not a piece of alien hardware. Why? Because in this world, there may be no Piece of Eden, only strange da Vinci Code knockoff revelations that make evewn less sense... Presumably, she is meant to be a descendant of Jesus, a la Dan Brown. If you had the descendant of Jesus, you could shame entire religions into following your whim.

Maybe.

7) My last and most powerful argument... the sewers. Jerusalem was NOT built on top of a D&D style dungeon...

Thoughts?

JudgeQwerty
11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
So I was playing through the game again and it occured to me that I'm basicly playing the original, only remade in some bizarre Prince of Persia-like alternate universe.

1) Why does Altair 'return home' to Alep and not Masyaf? Historically, Alep was quite a trouble spot for the Assassins. It was in Aleppo that the Assassins made their 'grand entrance' by assassinating several political nfigures opposed to Aleppo's ruler, Radwan. For awhile, it was likely a safehaven for the order before Radwan died and the assassins were driven from the city by their vengeful rivals. In this workld, perhaps they were never driven out and were never forced to move to Masyaf.

2) Did you notice that Al Mualim looks and sounds like a completely different person? Perhaps because in this world, a DIFFERENT, less maniacal leader was appointed to be the Master of the Syrian sect of assassins. Living in an established city as opposed to hovering in the mountains, there would not be as much need for the frightening paranoia and control excihibited by AC1's Al Mualim.

3) AC1's Tamir is a thin, Damascus merchant with templar connections. AC2's Tamir is a fat, Damascus merchant with Templar connections. Confusing casting or intentional connection? I believe they are in fact intended to be the same character. Did he grow fat in this world where he was not required to obsess over the arming of thousands of men? Did he not have to lose weight when he could sit back and relax?

4) Alaat and other oddly named templars are all over the place. I suspect in this world, the Templars are publicly a cross-cultural group. Otherwise, this makes no sense at all. Else, why would they be everywhere? In this universe, did they simply use their vast connections and establish an independanbt identity much earlier than in the AC world?

5) Lord Basilisk. Where did this guy come from, most people ask... I think a better question is, who is he and does he seem at all familiar?You don;t rteally think his mother NAMED him Basilisk... Tall, muscular, heavily armoured templar leader out to claim an artifact inorder to rule the Holy Land... who does that sound like, hmm..? Perhaps if we shave off all that red hair and-*GASP* Robert de Sable!!! Of course!!

5) Harash, the Assassin trator from nowhere. Or is he...? Perhaps this scheming assassin is angry that he never became 'The Master' in this world... DUN DUN DUUUN!! (Actually, I kinda forget what Harash looks like... but I remember him wearing black!)

6) 'The Chalice is a chick? How is THIS going to help us take over the world?' Only a year from the events of the first game, the Templars are looking for a woman and not a piece of alien hardware. Why? Because in this world, there may be no Piece of Eden, only strange da Vinci Code knockoff revelations that make evewn less sense... Presumably, she is meant to be a descendant of Jesus, a la Dan Brown. If you had the descendant of Jesus, you could shame entire religions into following your whim.

Maybe.

7) My last and most powerful argument... the sewers. Jerusalem was NOT built on top of a D&D style dungeon...

Thoughts?

TyronLeRoy
11-15-2009, 05:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:
So I was playing through the game again and it occured to me that I'm basicly playing the original, only remade in some bizarre Prince of Persia-like alternate universe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:
1) Why does Altair 'return home' to Alep and not Masyaf? Historically, Alep was quite a trouble spot for the Assassins. It was in Aleppo that the Assassins made their 'grand entrance' by assassinating several political nfigures opposed to Aleppo's ruler, Radwan. For awhile, it was likely a safehaven for the order before Radwan died and the assassins were driven from the city by their vengeful rivals. In this workld, perhaps they were never driven out and were never forced to move to Masyaf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe the assassin's were driven from Alep to Masyaf in between Alta´r's Chronicles and the original AC?

2) Did you notice that Al Mualim looks and sounds like a completely different person? Perhaps because in this world, a DIFFERENT, less maniacal leader was appointed to be the Master of the Syrian sect of assassins. Living in an established city as opposed to hovering in the mountains, there would not be as much need for the frightening paranoia and control excihibited by AC1's Al Mualim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe Al-Mualim was at that time not as intensely influenced/obsessed by the Apple of Eden as he was in AC1.

3) AC1's Tamir is a thin, Damascus merchant with templar connections. AC2's Tamir is a fat, Damascus merchant with Templar connections. Confusing casting or intentional connection? I believe they are in fact intended to be the same character. Did he grow fat in this world where he was not required to obsess over the arming of thousands of men? Did he not have to lose weight when he could sit back and relax? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't help you on this one. Seemed like two different people since you can't die twice. Plus the first is an arms dealer, the second an oil merchant. All that binds them is the name and the place.

4) Alaat and other oddly named templars are all over the place. I suspect in this world, the Templars are publicly a cross-cultural group. Otherwise, this makes no sense at all. Else, why would they be everywhere? In this universe, did they simply use their vast connections and establish an independanbt identity much earlier than in the AC world? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alaat does seem like a arabish name, however - maybe one just crossed the border or something. I agree it's strange though.

5) Lord Basilisk. Where did this guy come from, most people ask... I think a better question is, who is he and does he seem at all familiar?You don;t rteally think his mother NAMED him Basilisk... Tall, muscular, heavily armoured templar leader out to claim an artifact inorder to rule the Holy Land... who does that sound like, hmm..? Perhaps if we shave off all that red hair and-*GASP* Robert de Sable!!! Of course!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did not get the feeling Basilisk was the same as Robert de Sable, as Robert had at least a little grace/elegance to him. Basilisk is just.. I don't know. Like hulk.

5) Harash, the Assassin trator from nowhere. Or is he...? Perhaps this scheming assassin is angry that he never became 'The Master' in this world... DUN DUN DUUUN!! (Actually, I kinda forget what Harash looks like... but I remember him wearing black!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm..

6) 'The Chalice is a chick? How is THIS going to help us take over the world?' Only a year from the events of the first game, the Templars are looking for a woman and not a piece of alien hardware. Why? Because in this world, there may be no Piece of Eden, only strange da Vinci Code knockoff revelations that make evewn less sense... Presumably, she is meant to be a descendant of Jesus, a la Dan Brown. If you had the descendant of Jesus, you could shame entire religions into following your whim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That puzzled me as well. How did they make 'The Chalice' a woman? They could've just called it 'The Holy Grail' and straight rip it off. I don't know - that probably wasn't too well thought of. Adha is probably worth more than we've come to know for now, so that still has me puzzled.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">7) My last and most powerful argument... the sewers. Jerusalem was NOT built on top of a D&D style dungeon... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296329,00.html

Good read though. Your arguments are in my eyes valid and never out of tune. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JudgeQwerty
11-15-2009, 08:23 PM
1) Why does Altair 'return home' to Alep and not Masyaf? Historically, Alep was quite a trouble spot for the Assassins. It was in Aleppo that the Assassins made their 'grand entrance' by assassinating several political nfigures opposed to Aleppo's ruler, Radwan. For awhile, it was likely a safehaven for the order before Radwan died and the assassins were driven from the city by their vengeful rivals. In this world, perhaps they were never driven out and were never forced to move to Masyaf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe the assassin's were driven from Alep to Masyaf in between Alta´r's Chronicles and the original AC?
Perhaps but in real life, they were driven out a hundred years before the first game. Still, the first game was hardly a history lesson.
2) Did you notice that Al Mualim looks and sounds like a completely different person? Perhaps because in this world, a DIFFERENT, less maniacal leader was appointed to be the Master of the Syrian sect of assassins. Living in an established city as opposed to hovering in the mountains, there would not be as much need for the frightening paranoia and control excihibited by AC1's Al Mualim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe Al-Mualim was at that time not as intensely influenced/obsessed by the Apple of Eden as he was in AC1.
Ah, but he looks completely different. Also, why would he be fighting his Templar allies and dealing with templar traitors in his midst if he were the same character?
3) AC1's Tamir is a thin, Damascus merchant with templar connections. AC2's Tamir is a fat, Damascus merchant with Templar connections. Confusing casting or intentional connection? I believe they are in fact intended to be the same character. Did he grow fat in this world where he was not required to obsess over the arming of thousands of men? Did he not have to lose weight when he could sit back and relax? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't help you on this one. Seemed like two different people since you can't die twice. Plus the first is an arms dealer, the second an oil merchant. All that binds them is the name and the place.
Unless he only dies once twice!!! ( I know that didn't really make sense, but I think you know what I mean.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:
5) Lord Basilisk. Where did this guy come from, most people ask... I think a better question is, who is he and does he seem at all familiar?You don;t rteally think his mother NAMED him Basilisk... Tall, muscular, heavily armoured templar leader out to claim an artifact inorder to rule the Holy Land... who does that sound like, hmm..? Perhaps if we shave off all that red hair and-*GASP* Robert de Sable!!! Of course!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did not get the feeling Basilisk was the same as Robert de Sable, as Robert had at least a little grace/elegance to him. Basilisk is just.. I don't know. Like hulk.
yeah, can't really account for bad scripting. Although, Robert only really came off as a cunning mastermind in person was when he died and you realize what sinister voice he really has when he's not playing Crusader.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">7) My last and most powerful argument... the sewers. Jerusalem was NOT built on top of a D&D style dungeon... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296329,00.html

Wow, I, uhm... stand corrected about the dungeon bit.

Edengoth
11-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Isn't Altair's Chronicles non-canon anyway?

the amolang
11-16-2009, 12:59 AM
Altair's Chronicles is before AC1 isn't it?

JudgeQwerty
11-16-2009, 02:05 AM
Edengoth: I believe so.
amolang: It is set a year before the first game, but isn't really a prequel per se...