PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Assassin's Creed?

saile1004
02-22-2019, 04:46 AM
As I wait for the third and final episode of First Blade, I got to feeling a little nostalgic for the AC games of old. So, over the past week I dusted off each entry in the franchise and played. I began to think about other Ubisoft games I've loved, and what a truly amazing Assassin's Creed game could be. A game that honors the original idea of AC while mixing in elements from other games entirely. Games like Splinter Cell and Watchdogs.

I believe an Assassin's Creed title set (fully) in the modern day could be incredible as a hybrid between open world exploration & covert stealth/espionage. It could pull together aspects from many of the games into one:

1. Emphasis on the Assassin's order, Templar fight and original tenants with consequences
2. Living world of NPC cycles as in Origins
3. Changing gameplay based on the day/night cycle, stealth missions at night & going under disguise during the day (Liberation)
5. City recreation with multiple locations worldwide (Watchdogs/Splinter Cell)
6. A fleshed out underground with earned access (trust meter from SC Double Agent?)
7. Social stealth with notoriety varying between locations (AC 2)
8. Optional animus missions to unlock new skills (eagle vision?) from different ancestors that can then be used in modern day
9. Leveling system taking you from assassin in training to lethal spy/leader of the order

Please feel free to add any suggestions!

Also Feudal Japan

AmazingAmun
02-22-2019, 05:19 AM
Respectfully, no thanks. My favorite thing about Assassin's Creed is to be transported back in time and exploring historical places and meeting historical people. If the modern day story line was to be expanded in Assassin's Creed titles, I would be okay with that, as long as there was still an animus to let me revisit historical places.

And Feudal Japan, again, no thanks. I know it is a popular request, but it's not quite my taste.

There are actually two places we have already visited that I would like to revisit, but in different time periods of course.

First is Rome, but rather than renaissance Rome, I would like to visit the Roman Empire. There was a good post the other day in the Assassin's Creed General discussions forum that you should look at.

Second is the Holy Land (Jerusalem). I would like to revisit it with new graphics, but this time around the time of King Herod. This would be around Jesus being born and the rise of Christianity. It would certainly be interesting with all the conflict.

This is just my opinion of course. Again, no disrespect about your ideas. We have different ideas and I am cool with that. :)

EDIT:
Here is the link to the Roman Empire thread:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1999252-Assassin-s-Creed-set-in-Roman-Italy-in-the-Early-4th-Century

gehenna27
02-22-2019, 12:10 PM
Second is the Holy Land (Jerusalem). I would like to revisit it with new graphics, but this time around the time of King Herod. This would be around Jesus being born and the rise of Christianity. It would certainly be interesting with all the conflict.

This would definitely be interesting to explore. As it stands we only really know that he used at least one PoE, a Shroud, for his healing miracles and was executed by command of the Order of the Ancients before being resurrected by his loyal disciples using the same Shroud.

However, Christian organizations are likely to call for a boycott of such a game so the devs would have to be careful because of that.

Carch
02-22-2019, 12:47 PM
I believe an Assassin's Creed title set (fully) in the modern day could be incredible as a hybrid between open world exploration & covert stealth/espionage. It could pull together aspects from many of the games into one

https://i.imgur.com/YcAQlkx.gif

ProdiGurl
02-22-2019, 01:00 PM
3. Changing gameplay based on the day/night cycle, stealth missions at night & going under disguise during the day (Liberation)

5. City recreation with multiple locations worldwide (Watchdogs/Splinter Cell)
For me, #3 is an issue because I avoid missions at night and prefer everything in Daytime.
Alot of times even in Dying Light where you get extra XP for night time missions, I got back to a safehouse by 6pm & slept till morning
(for different reasons though, I was too petrified to play at night lol)

#5 - if games are going to be this huge with maps, I don't think doing multiple locations worldwide is a good idea.

As to other ideas from other games, I haven't played them to know if I like the concepts or not - but there's no "perfect" AC game for everyone when it's so subjective.
Like Feudal Japan - that's my least favorite suggested location for an AC game. But since they've been everywhere I wanted to go, I have no problem with wherever they take the next games or the themes. I got my open combat in Odyssey and I can always replay it =)

Lysette88
02-22-2019, 04:44 PM
I personally like day/night cycle - at night it is by far easier to gather resources for example - stealth is a bit complicated at night time with minimal hud, because I don't see enemies very well - ok, they don't as well. But I am still doing it at night, because they don't detect me that easily and if I have no clue, where they are - whistling from a safe spot helps and then be observant who is coming towards me - if it is just one person, normal assassination or if there are still many in the fort, critical assassination (because I don't know what kind of enemy they are) and if those are several coming at me, I use rush assassination, but it is more than likely then, that I will have to fight. With minimal hud one has to do things a little different. I get into fights more often in forts though, but I see this as a good way to refill my adrenaline.

As for the next AC game - my favorite location would be imperial Rome, and I agree it would be interesting to have this with early christianity - see all the hassle with this new "cult", see them in the circus maximus being slaughtered by predators, nailed to the cross and burned alive - all the brutality which entertained roman citizens at that time. It should not be left out, because "pane et circenses" was a policy which led to a stable society - brutal and unforgiving, but stable - this should certainly be experienced in the game.

AnimusLover
02-22-2019, 05:13 PM
Brotherhood. Bye.

saile1004
02-22-2019, 05:17 PM
Oh smaller maps for sure. Odyssey is breathtaking but it took me three months to complete ever location. That's nuts to me

Lysette88
02-22-2019, 05:24 PM
Oh smaller maps for sure. Odyssey is breathtaking but it took me three months to complete ever location. That's nuts to me

I like the size of it - no one says you have to play it in one go - I will play it for years to come - like I do with the other AC games I have - no need to rush it.

ProdiGurl
02-22-2019, 05:51 PM
As for the next AC game - my favorite location would be imperial Rome, and I agree it would be interesting to have this with early christianity - see all the hassle with this new "cult", see them in the circus maximus being slaughtered by predators, nailed to the cross and burned alive - all the brutality which entertained roman citizens at that time. It should not be left out, because "pane et circenses" was a policy which led to a stable society - brutal and unforgiving, but stable - this should certainly be experienced in the game.
Ya I think it's a very interesting concept but I hope they'd handle Christianity carefully if they bother to get that closely to it.
I'd love to tame all the Lions in the region so they couldn't persecute Christians in an arena with them too. :cool:

cawatrooper9
02-22-2019, 06:04 PM

I like the size of it - no one says you have to play it in one go - I will play it for years to come - like I do with the other AC games I have - no need to rush it.

Hmm, yeah, that's something I've been thinking about, too. While bigger means more exploration, it also means things get more spaced out and a particularly cool location might be underutilized.

What Assassins Creed had the closest to an ideal map size, in your opinions?

For me, I'd say it was Black Flag- it did a great job at creating the illusion of scale, while still being pretty easily manageable and mostly making good use of locations.

AmazingAmun
02-22-2019, 06:10 PM

Ya I think it's a very interesting concept but I hope they'd handle Christianity carefully if they bother to get that closely to it.
I'd love to tame all the Lions in the region so they couldn't persecute Christians in an arena with them too. :cool:

I am glad that I am not the only one with an interest in Ancient (Imperial) Rome and Early Christianity.

I do agree with you ProdiGurl that they should handle it carefully. It can be a sensitive subject for a lot of people and that is why it is a rarely explored era in entertainment. ...But this is also why it is an interesting era!

I think that as long as they stay true to historical accuracy and avoid going PC and picking sides in an attempt to make a political statement, then they should be fine.

rockfede5
02-22-2019, 08:04 PM
Ok very interesting thread!
My perfect AC title using my preferences (actual games as example)
-The modern day missions of AC3
-The Parkour and freerunning of AC UNITY
-The combact system of AC ORIGINS with some elements of AC3 cinematic fights (very cool to see)
- The side activities and the longevity of both AC ORIGINS and ODYSSEY
-The personalization and the different gameplay (warrior,assassin,hunter and the hybrids) of AC ODYSSEY
- The story and the lore of AC2 so in a time when there are Assassins and a Brotherhood and the Isu elements are mysterious
For the map I go with a Large City like Unity or Syndacate with other minor cities and big mid zone like in AC 1 but with a lot of Content so missions , funny thing to do , and location to explore
Historic period I say Imperial Rome
Under the guide of Ottaviano Augusto (Cesare's son) or the Rome of the impereor Traiano (under Traiano Rome reached it maximun power and expansion.)

Olympus2018
02-22-2019, 08:15 PM
The map is just too small. Unless it takes 10 years to explore it, it ain't large enough.
Then again I don't want to play another 586949 games in my lifetime. One video game is enough, if it is a vast open world RPG.

GhostAssassinLT
02-24-2019, 10:55 PM
I personally like day/night cycle

I would too if I could actually see a difference between night and day... Unfortunately in both ACO's released you can go a long way into any cave without a torch and still see everything with great contrast...

UbiCosmos
02-25-2019, 02:26 AM
Hi there everyone,

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts with us! :o We always enjoy hearing our community's ideas about what players would like to see next in the Assassin's Creed Series. I am going to move this to the general AC forum, since this is not directly about Odyssey. :o

ProdiGurl
02-25-2019, 03:25 AM
I would too if I could actually see a difference between night and day... Unfortunately in both ACO's released you can go a long way into any cave without a torch and still see everything with great contrast...
Not in my case, and it all depends on the lighting where you play. With slight glare issues on my screen at certain times, night time can be a real problem when it's so dark.
Also, I take alot of photos, I need some natural moonlight for pix.

In my settings, I have brightness bumped up to about 85% so I can see what I'm doing but mostly avoid night cycle.