PDA

View Full Version : What is the name of BoB?

x__CRASH__x
03-18-2006, 03:44 PM
I thought I read a name for the next game that 1C is doing for Battle of Britain. Anyone know what it is?

x__CRASH__x
03-18-2006, 03:44 PM
I thought I read a name for the next game that 1C is doing for Battle of Britain. Anyone know what it is?

russ.nl
03-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Storm of War: Cliffs over Dover (?or something?)
I think.

Stackhouse25th
03-18-2006, 04:35 PM
The usual russian type of name. "forgotten battles" "pacific fighters" "flaming cliffs"

its too russian sounding and many USA buyers are probably turned off by it.

Chivas
03-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Storm of War "Battle of Britain"

the next in the series would probably be

Storm of WAr " The Mediterrain Theater"
-at least something to do with Malta...North Africa...and so on

then.... Storm of War ""Eastern Front" or
"Pacific Theater" or "Western Front"..etc...it would make sense to have go by year it started.

LEXX_Luthor
03-18-2006, 07:43 PM
BoB

I'm not going with Sow.

"BoB And Beyond" should cover anything beyond BoB.

OlavFalco
03-19-2006, 09:17 AM
I think its full name is Robert?

heywooood
03-19-2006, 09:27 AM
"Storm of War - Cliffs of Dover"

Storm of War being the franchise name and Cliffs of Dover the specific chapter in the series....

What is the english translation of Sturmovik?

skabbe
03-19-2006, 09:30 AM
BoB, The war that saved the russians azz

BuzzU
03-19-2006, 09:50 AM
Here's a catchy name.

"Fill Oleg's Bank Account"

Chivas
03-19-2006, 10:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heywooood:

Storm of War being the franchise name and Cliffs of Dover the specific chapter in the series....

What is the english translation of Sturmovik? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The latest I've heard is the name "Cliffs of Dover" as been changed to "The Battle of Britain"

Storm of War "The Battle of Britain"

http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=10365

It makes some sense...when we see the Cliffs of Dover....most of us WW2 fans will automatically think of the Battle of Britain, but most others won't put the two together.

joeap
03-19-2006, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BuzzU:
Here's a catchy name.

"Fill Oleg's Bank Account" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEE HAW

ginger_cat
03-19-2006, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BuzzU:
Here's a catchy name.

"Fill Oleg's Bank Account" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey BuzzU! - do you go by the name 'J.R. Hartley' irl?

Gibbage1
03-19-2006, 07:18 PM
BoB: How the Nazi's Lost The War

Then the ET pack when we get the P-51, P-47 and P-38 will be called "Post BoB, Nazi's are up a creek now"

The German version of BoB will be called BoB: How we let the Brits win.

Russian version. "BoB: We Had Nothing To Do With It, But We Still Won It. Be sure!"

The Russian add-on's after that will be "Post BoB: Ow Great, We Get The Brits Leftovers"

AVG_WarHawk
03-19-2006, 07:33 PM
I understand the sequel to Storm of War "The Battle of Britain" will be called Operation Sealion "Gone with the Wind" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

WTE_Galway
03-19-2006, 11:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heywooood:

What is the english translation of Sturmovik? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally it was Bronirovannyi Shturmovik or "Armored Assault Aircraft".

The word Sturmovik was anglicised for the game and is a class of aircraft (like "fighter" or "ground attack") which includes planes other than the IL2

tagTaken2
03-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Star Force: The Fandom Menace...

Targ
03-20-2006, 12:00 AM
Might be a big one in the shadow of that big rock , near the center of the river.
If only someone could caste the line just right...

stathem
03-20-2006, 08:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chivas:
It makes some sense...when we see the Cliffs of Dover....most of us WW2 fans will automatically think of the Battle of Britain, but most others won't put the two together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I see the Cliffs of Dover, I think...Ooop, nearly home.

Megile_
03-20-2006, 08:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gibbage1:

Russian version. "BoB: We Had Nothing To Do With It, But We Still Won It. Be sure!"

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

faustnik
03-20-2006, 05:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gibbage1:

Then the ET pack when we get the P-51, P-47 and P-38 will be called "Post BoB, Nazi's are up a creek now" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, that is going to called the "WGW (Watch Gibbage Whine)" addon.