PDA

View Full Version : Editor Help.......

OlavFalco
05-14-2005, 07:25 AM
How does one add the white passenger liners to a custom mission?

Cant find them anywhere in the menus... only seen them on the approach to the new york harbour in the game also

Hopefully someone can shed some <span class="ev_code_WHITE">WHITE</span> on this situation (har har har) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

OlavFalco
05-14-2005, 07:25 AM
How does one add the white passenger liners to a custom mission?

Cant find them anywhere in the menus... only seen them on the approach to the new york harbour in the game also

Hopefully someone can shed some <span class="ev_code_WHITE">WHITE</span> on this situation (har har har) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

jbacon69
05-14-2005, 09:22 AM
If i recall correctly the passenger liners are under the British roster listings in the editor.
Scroll down past the warships and it should be a few listings below the first merchant. Btw those
LIners leaving new york travel all the way to Britain. If u see any close to the British isles sink it and try to patrol in the direction it was coming from. Sooner or later another will follow
and then another. Easiest way to get 100k tons in a patrol.

AStotzer
05-14-2005, 10:29 AM
I just added a Passenger Liner to a mission.

I found it under the 'Sea' tab, under American.

OlavFalco
05-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Sorry guys, didnt make myself too clear on this, I know how to add the ships in the editor but only the ships with Cunard livery (red and black) ever appear, is there some kind of sub menu that changes the texture to the White liners that the Americans have?

jbacon69
05-14-2005, 10:35 PM
not sure if its possible without changing the nationality its identified as. if that doesnt matter to you then go to the sh3/data/roster/british/sea folder. open the ppl.cfg file and at the top it should look like this

[UnitClass]
ClassName=PPL
UnitType=103
AppearanceDate=19380101
DisappearanceDate=19470101
DisplayName=BR Liner &lt;--change BR to US passenger liner should now appear with us pain sceme but I dont use the ship autoidentify feature so im not sure if it shows up as us or british. It may even show up as british with an america flag.