PDA

View Full Version : runway 4 problems

HeinzBar
11-21-2005, 11:04 PM
S!,
I used to be able to create airstart bases using stationary ship/runway 4. Now, w/4.02, I can't seem to figure out why the airstarts work on some maps and don't on others. I tried a quick search, not that I really can get the UBI search to work for me, and I didn't find anything related to this issue.

So, does anyone have a reasonable answer how to make sure an airstart base works as in the past? In the past, the airstarts would allow 2000m of altitude. Now, on several maps, the airstart is nonexistant w/ planes starting on the ground (runway 4).

HB

HeinzBar
11-21-2005, 11:04 PM
S!,
I used to be able to create airstart bases using stationary ship/runway 4. Now, w/4.02, I can't seem to figure out why the airstarts work on some maps and don't on others. I tried a quick search, not that I really can get the UBI search to work for me, and I didn't find anything related to this issue.

So, does anyone have a reasonable answer how to make sure an airstart base works as in the past? In the past, the airstarts would allow 2000m of altitude. Now, on several maps, the airstart is nonexistant w/ planes starting on the ground (runway 4).

HB

Tully__
11-22-2005, 01:14 AM
Put another runway 4 down across the first one at right angles...

IIRC all the test runways allow ground starts in offline or coop mission... provided they're on perfectly flat terrain and don't cross roads/railways/rivers/other runways. It's only in DF that runways 3 & 4 force airstart.

HeinzBar
11-22-2005, 06:31 AM
S!,
Thanks for the suggestion Tully. Unfortunately, it's the airstart bases that I want in DF. This is a problem. I can no longer predict the behavior of runway 4 (I haven't tried 3 yet). On some maps, I can get the planes to start on the ground, while on other maps, the planes start in the air.

If I had my way, we would have the ability to airstart planes at any altitude. Perhaps, a special airstart base w/ altitude properites?

Any help is appreciated.

HB

stathem
11-22-2005, 06:45 AM
Heinz, I don't know if it helps, but I seem to remember something like, if the test runway was too close to a 'normal' airfield, it gave you ground starts even if the test runways were crossed.

But you probably knew that already.

HeinzBar
11-22-2005, 09:19 AM
S!,
Thanks for reviving my memory stathem. I do seem to recall something like that now. I'll have to redo the latest map to double check the distance. I believe it is currently w/in 10km of a groundstart base.

I'm still at a loss why some of the older maps no longer allow airstarts while others do (DF server). I guess this is another strange event w/ the inception of 4.02.

HB