PDA

View Full Version : AC game idea: 1520s - The fall of the Aztec Empire and El dorado.

Joebenz93
02-16-2019, 03:31 PM
This i think could make an interesting new AC setting about the era of the conquistadors.
Now of course this would involve a bit of fiction regarding the real life characters that lived through this era but basically this is what it would be like:

A group of templars led by Hernán Cortés himself studied ancient isu artifacts, found the location of El dorado, an ancient Isu city made of gold, and set up to go to the new world in order to find it with his fellow evil templars.
Being an Assassin in Spain, you get to follow them to Mexico and track them down one by one.
Cortés was conviced that the Aztec knew the location of El dorado and decided to conquer and potentially exterminate the aztec in order to gain information on its whereabouts.

The map would consist of two large portions:
- Spain: the entire city of Madrid and its surroundings.
- Mexico: Tenochtitlan and its thick rainforest surroundings.

So this is just an idea but i think it could be interesting to explore these two new lands in the AC franchise along with exploring the long lost Aztec empire in its former glory.
What do you guys think? :D

UbiCosmos
02-17-2019, 12:54 AM
Hello Joebenz93,

First off, welcome to the forums! :o That is a really cool idea! Sounds like you put some really good thought behind this, I appreciate you taking the time to write it up and post it here. :) I think Spain and Mexico would be an awesome location choice, and who wouldn't want to find the lost city of gold? ;)

Joebenz93
02-17-2019, 02:09 PM
Hey thanks :D Yeah since the devs are being more open to myths in recent AC games by connecting them with the Isu, i thought one about El dorado would be perfect. It would be an AC game with a touch of adventure Indiana Jones style jungle exploration and temple raider.
And the Spain side would look like the old AC games with Ezio since its kinda in the same era but with the new technology the engine have now.

Imagine being close to endgame roaming the jungle in search of Cortes and finally stumbling upon a valley with a forgotten golden city standing there hidden in the middle of the jungle with watefalls around it like going through the gates of paradise.

cawatrooper9
02-19-2019, 04:29 PM
I totally agree, I think this would be a fascinating time to explore.

I contributed to an article (https://theoneswhocamebefore.weebly.com/potentialsettings.html)about this possible setting about a year ago, and I think we both agree exploring the Mesoamerican jungles would be fantastic.