PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer request

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 02:24 PM
I know this has been an issue before, but I am here to ask againg if it will possible (in upcoming patch(es)) that in bombers 2 not the pilot only can take the seat of the bombardier but anyone who flies with the bomber can take this seat

It would make multiplayer bomb runs *MUCH* more pleasant/cool /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 02:24 PM
I know this has been an issue before, but I am here to ask againg if it will possible (in upcoming patch(es)) that in bombers 2 not the pilot only can take the seat of the bombardier but anyone who flies with the bomber can take this seat

It would make multiplayer bomb runs *MUCH* more pleasant/cool /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 04:25 PM
huh? I think you are asking if that 2 players can control the same aeroplane? No you can't sir ... sorry

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 04:29 PM
KG26_Thief wrote:
- huh? I think you are asking if that 2 players can
- control the same aeroplane? No you can't sir ...
- sorry

my first statement was somewhat cryptic /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif my apologies

current in FB when flying online -> if you choose a bomber (TB3/HE111) only the pilot can switch between pilot chair and bombardier-seat. So ONLY the player who plays the pilot can play also as bombardier when all other players in the bomber (as gunners) can only switch amongst the gunner positions and not between the gunner and bombardier seat (pilot seat is ofcourse not necessary (maybe copilot?/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif )).

My suggestion would be to let ANYONE on the bomber take the bombardier seat. because bombing, using the bombardier site, and at the same time keep the plane flying is tricky. If someone else besides the pilot could take the bombardier seat, it would improve gameplay in online mode ALOT (for bombers only ofcourse).

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 12:20 PM
bump.

nobody interested? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 12:53 PM
PUNT/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

By The way can you join a bomber as a gunner in online play, or dos this only work in offline play?

And how do you join as gunner?

GA
Commanding Officer
332nd Viking Squadron

web: www.332viking.no (http://www.332viking.no)
mail: GA@332viking.no

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 01:24 PM
I d like to see this feature. Perfect would be if a player that decides to be gunner can be bombarider too (si not that he's bored to death..). Even if he takes control of the plane (overriding the pilot).
maybe a message like "Bombardier aiming" when he's searching target, "Bombardier: target locked, stay on course !"
would be cool.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 01:25 PM
GA_ wrote:
- PUNT/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
-
- By The way can you join a bomber as a gunner in
- online play, or dos this only work in offline play?
-
- And how do you join as gunner?

yes you can join as a gunner in online play, but only in coperative missions.

it's very easy to join as gunner, just try to join a coperative mission on HyperLobby for example and you will see how you can join as gunner.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 07:48 PM
I should bump this too! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 08:09 PM
Thx/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I usely only fly Dogfight mission with the Fdeamon mission script. Shame that you cant join as a gunner in the dogfight missions.

Any know why you cant join as gunner in a dogfight mission?

GA
Commanding Officer
332nd Viking Squadron

web: www.332viking.no (http://www.332viking.no)
mail: GA@332viking.no

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 01:05 AM
GA_ wrote:
- Thx/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
-
- I usely only fly Dogfight mission with the Fdeamon
- mission script. Shame that you cant join as a gunner
- in the dogfight missions.

it's indeed a shame

-
- Any know why you cant join as gunner in a dogfight
- mission?

probably because of how dogfight multiplayer code is designed/written.

-
- GA
- Commanding Officer
- 332nd Viking Squadron

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 02:40 AM
I wholeheartedly support this idea! Esp in the H111 where using the bombsight and flying the plane at the same time is bloody impossible! I think it would be much better for online play to be able to have more than 1 player in a bomber.

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Good request!

Hope to see it happen...