PDA

View Full Version : Kensei bot straight up cheated (Arcade) (no joke)

rottmeister
02-15-2019, 07:47 PM
I just finished this week's Arcade quest but I couldn't help but notice that the Kensei bot straight up no-sold my punishes. In the last chapter of the weekly challenge you face a Nobushi that 'cheats death', a very annoying Shinobi and a Kensei who gets HP from attacks and blocking his attacks drain stamina. Seems fairly normal, right? Yeah until you figure out that the Kensei just blocks your attack after a succesful parry. I decided to use my rep 60 Shaman (so I know her punishes) and decided to unlock the Crimson Conquest effect for her after having left her aside for a while. I ran straight to the Kensei and had a 1vs1 until later the 2 others joined. In this 1vs1 the Kensei blocked my heavy after a light parry. So I'm like "that's weird, am I out of touch with Shaman?" I proceeded to parry a heavy of his and did a double-light/zone, nope blocked... This went on for a while (because I died a lot in that last chapter :/ ). i think it's totally unacceptable that a bot just bypasses THE WHOLE CONCEPT of a guaranteed punish. I'd like to know whether people have experienced something similar to this where a bot just says no to a parry punish.

Now that I watch back on what happened, it's kind of hilarious even though it was extremely infuriating.
I did record it (via the Share function), but I don't have a YouTube channel and I don't really want to create one just to showcase this bug or whatever.

Vendelkin
02-15-2019, 08:25 PM
I thought so! I experienced this too with my nobushi. On a heavy parry he would sometimes block my followup light attack. Bothersome and odd. Im not super good with my nobushi soninjust kinda accepted it as me putting in the light late.

UbiInsulin
02-15-2019, 09:20 PM
I just finished this week's Arcade quest but I couldn't help but notice that the Kensei bot straight up no-sold my punishes. In the last chapter of the weekly challenge you face a Nobushi that 'cheats death', a very annoying Shinobi and a Kensei who gets HP from attacks and blocking his attacks drain stamina. Seems fairly normal, right? Yeah until you figure out that the Kensei just blocks your attack after a succesful parry. I decided to use my rep 60 Shaman (so I know her punishes) and decided to unlock the Crimson Conquest effect for her after having left her aside for a while. I ran straight to the Kensei and had a 1vs1 until later the 2 others joined. In this 1vs1 the Kensei blocked my heavy after a light parry. So I'm like "that's weird, am I out of touch with Shaman?" I proceeded to parry a heavy of his and did a double-light/zone, nope blocked... This went on for a while (because I died a lot in that last chapter :/ ). i think it's totally unacceptable that a bot just bypasses THE WHOLE CONCEPT of a guaranteed punish. I'd like to know whether people have experienced something similar to this where a bot just says no to a parry punish.

Now that I watch back on what happened, it's kind of hilarious even though it was extremely infuriating.
I did record it (via the Share function), but I don't have a YouTube channel and I don't really want to create one just to showcase this bug or whatever.

Sorry that the Kensei refused to do the job and let you go over, rottmeister.

I'm not super familiar with the flow of uploading PS4 clips, but Twitter also seems to be an option if you have an account there.

rottmeister
02-15-2019, 09:33 PM

I'm not super familiar with the flow of uploading PS4 clips, but Twitter also seems to be an option if you have an account there.

I did complete the weekly challenge... eventually. I actually don't have a Twitter account. i'm not super active on Social Media (even though I'm a Millennial) because I don't like the thought of putting one's life online for all to see. I'll see what I'll do, might make a YouTube account, fairly certain you can hide it for anyone without a link so I might do that.

Vakris_One
02-15-2019, 09:57 PM

The Kensei on the final stage of this weekly Arcade is definitely broken. Someone didn't do their job over at the dev team, which is unfortunately no surprise by now with the game in general so why should Arcade be any different?

The Kensei bot recovers faster than he should from both parries and even straight up GBs so that he is able to block what should be a guarranteed punish. Nothing in his modifiers state that he should be able to do this. The bot just outright cheats right through the intended mechanics of the game.

Steps to replicate:
1) Engage the Kensei bot

2) Parry him and then do your guarranteed punish. He will block it.

3) GB him and then throw a heavy. He will block it.

It took me about 10 seconds into the final stage to find this bug. Literally no one on the team played this before releasing it. Well done on taking people's money for content nobody even bothers to quality test anymore.

gg.

rottmeister
02-15-2019, 10:24 PM
Can't provide my own video right now so I'll link a video that showcases the bug.
Credit goes to Sororus
Around the 6:50 - 7:05 minute mark you'll see it happen twice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozCxvVMZAHw

UbiInsulin
02-15-2019, 10:28 PM
Appreciate all the additional details & the video.

EvoX.
02-15-2019, 11:22 PM
The bot can only block the punish on the side he got parried/had his guard during GB. He doesn't seem to try and block any regular offense, just randomly switches his guard and only blocks/attacks from there. Really random behavior overall.

Jastorm187
02-15-2019, 11:37 PM
Here is my Arcade rage thread that everytime i see a bot cheat or break the rules i post. This isnt a single occurrence. The mechanic breaking bots and hidden damage debuffs related to gear score is the reason i gave up on arcade. I love the challenge until i found bugs like the OP has mentioned

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1959801-Arcade-mode-isnt-just-hard-its-unfair!

chukblok
02-16-2019, 04:32 AM
I did beat it with much frustration