PDA

View Full Version : Black Prior Damage

mrmistark
02-13-2019, 03:00 AM
I might be the only one, I’m on console, but honestly for the speed and versatility of Black Prior, his damage output seems rather strong. I don’t know how he compares to the rest of the roster, but a character with that many tools both offensively and defensively, coupled with his speed, seems a like a little too much.

I think his kit is great honestly, and this is coming from a disgruntled non Black Prior player who deals with groups of 4 spamming shield bash often in dominion. It’s just that damage output really that seems a little overtuned. The character seems otherwise fun and relatively fair and innovative. It is still a “little early” as some will probably suggest but I think I’ve played against enough of them in the past 2 weeks now to make a fair and as unbiased as possible analysis.

UbiInsulin
02-13-2019, 03:17 AM
Which damage in particular? I've definitely seen this brought up with the Shield Bash doing 20.

TimeToCrusade
02-13-2019, 02:36 PM
light bash light ->40dmg
shove into light -> 0 dmg because not guaranteed

game is balanced btw

Kadete93
02-13-2019, 03:57 PM
light bash light ->40dmg

the first light isnt guaranteed...

Inzzane_79
02-13-2019, 04:23 PM
And it´s 37 or 36 but not 40

Siegfried-Z
02-13-2019, 07:17 PM
It is 35 guys .. and the light is a classic 500ms light.
Again Time Crusade dont know at all what he is talking about.
LB gonna get a rework with next season i hope you gonna stop crying then .

The problem arent the dmg. While it could be slighly reduced, the real problem is his following SB is too fast and it has almost zero recovery. This have To be adressed. Otherwise now that his oos and revenge bug have been solved, he is fine.

Sara-la-Kali
02-13-2019, 08:08 PM
It's 40 on superior block.. pointing out that his heavy punish does more than most characters light parry

TimeToCrusade
02-14-2019, 09:43 AM
It is 35 guys .. and the light is a classic 500ms light.
Again Time Crusade dont know at all what he is talking about.
LB gonna get a rework with next season i hope you gonna stop crying then .

The problem arent the dmg. While it could be slighly reduced, the real problem is his following SB is too fast and it has almost zero recovery. This have To be adressed. Otherwise now that his oos and revenge bug have been solved, he is fine.

"Classic" How to spot someone who never had to use 600ms lights
And only 35? I guess it's fine then, I mean the first light is not guaranteed I guess, I'm sure in a 4v4 you NEVER get a window to hit said light and then follow up with a bash (which opens the ennemy for your teamates) and hit them again.

0 ganking potential 10/10 would not nerf

TimeToCrusade
02-14-2019, 09:46 AM
Also Siegfried, consider starting to consider how the hero plays in an actual match and not in theory crafting. There is a difference (who would have thought ? o: )

Siegfried-Z
02-14-2019, 11:44 AM
"Classic" How to spot someone who never had to use 600ms lights
And only 35? I guess it's fine then, I mean the first light is not guaranteed I guess, I'm sure in a 4v4 you NEVER get a window to hit said light and then follow up with a bash (which opens the ennemy for your teamates) and hit them again.

0 ganking potential 10/10 would not nerf

Also Siegfried, consider starting to consider how the hero plays in an actual match and not in theory crafting. There is a difference (who would have thought ? o: )

Just read properly my post. I said it was 35. All of you were just saying wrong information.

Is it fine ? That's another question. As i Said it could be reduce and the SB himself should be look at in terms of speed and recovery.

Believe me or not i talk from a practical point of view and not theoritical.
I know it is efficient. But if a BP just spam that he is punishable . Even Highly punishable for you if you play LB considering you maybe have the best Light Parry in the game ? Not sure about that .

I can understand you feel frustrated because LB still lack many things but man just enjoy the game and wait LB rework is coming with next season.

Siegfried-Z
02-14-2019, 11:51 AM
It's 40 on superior block.. pointing out that his heavy punish does more than most characters light parry

We are not talking about his crushing counter.
But even then what is the problem with 40dmg ?
HL got 30dmg and chain with O.Stance. Warden got 55dmg and chain with SB mix up.
So? People complain about things because they are new and Forget To think about what do we already have in the game.

What is for you his heavy punish ? Heavy parry ?
His heavy parry guranteed only 20dmg. The 35 arent guaranteed and btw that's below most light parry in the game.

Please guys if you want to complain, at least try to do it with accurate figures and a real understanding of the whole game.

TimeToCrusade
02-14-2019, 11:56 AM
Yes in a 1v1 if a BP ONLY does light bash light you can deal with it

But if you face that kind of players, pray the mm for having a crush on you. Also, that's in a 1v1, go alone vs 2 BP and suddenly you can't do anything, they can spam whatever they want and they WILL kill you. You can't dodge their attacks, you don't have a revenge, you can't kill them because of millions of shields and you take RIDICULOUS amounts of damage. I have never seen so many players getting deleted within a second, even JJ ganks don't kill you that fast

As for LB, they said they would work on him but:
They had promised another nerf a while back, so this may be just that
If its not a nerf it could be just like the latest pk "rework", since they don't care much for him as they don"'t care much for pk
If it is a rework, seeing the latest rework on my 2nd most played hero, I'll pass thanks, taking all the fun out of a hero to make it cancer yet viable is not a proper rework imo

Also you say im a toxic player for ledging and now you say enjoy the game ? Do you know how I enjoy the game? (:

Siegfried-Z
02-14-2019, 12:27 PM

But if you face that kind of players, pray the mm for having a crush on you. Also, that's in a 1v1, go alone vs 2 BP and suddenly you can't do anything, they can spam whatever they want and they WILL kill you. You can't dodge their attacks, you don't have a revenge, you can't kill them because of millions of shields and you take RIDICULOUS amounts of damage. I have never seen so many players getting deleted within a second, even JJ ganks don't kill you that fast

If its not a nerf it could be just like the latest pk "rework", since they don't care much for him as they don"'t care much for pk
If it is a rework, seeing the latest rework on my 2nd most played hero, I'll pass thanks, taking all the fun out of a hero to make it cancer yet viable is not a proper rework imo

Also you say im a toxic player for ledging and now you say enjoy the game ? Do you know how I enjoy the game? (:

Well if you're being gank by BP and one of them have his Shield break that's hard yes.
Otherwise it can be ok because he feed a lot of revenge.

You talk about Shugo ? You're free To dislike it but he is damn strong now despite he got some nerf too. They would probably make something comparable with LB.

If you enjoy ledging then ledge^^ But just play more than hating another char here

TimeToCrusade
02-14-2019, 12:37 PM
Yes he is strong but somehow they removed every single fun aspect about him: ledging with charge ? gone one shot with DE ? gone (this one was justified because DE was guaranteed on wallsplat but they could just remove that instead) tanking a hit a trading with a gb into throw ? gone, landing a sweet 60dmg heavy on 4 people ? also gone ?

Yes he is strong now, but boring as hell to play, which is a shame considering how much fun he could be

Vakris_One
02-14-2019, 03:31 PM
Yes he is strong but somehow they removed every single fun aspect about him: ledging with charge ? gone one shot with DE ? gone (this one was justified because DE was guaranteed on wallsplat but they could just remove that instead) tanking a hit a trading with a gb into throw ? gone, landing a sweet 60dmg heavy on 4 people ? also gone ?

Yes he is strong now, but boring as hell to play, which is a shame considering how much fun he could be
He can still ledge with Oni charge. Having a one shot move was broken. Being able to GB through an attack because of passive HA was also broken. These two things could not remain in his rework because he would become grossly OP. They gave him much more versatility and mind games with his heavies, which means he'll be landing them more often. Keeping a fully charged heavy at 60 damage is not justified under those circumstances.

The new Shugo is incredibly fun to play in my opinion because of the variety of ways you can get damage on the opponent and the way you can recharge your health and stamina constantly since you can land Demons Embrace a lot more often in a fight. The old Shugo was a one trick pony that was boring to play and boring to fight against and was a very weak hero.

SpaceJim12
02-14-2019, 03:37 PM
light bash light ->40dmg

game is balanced btw

If people dodge after shove, use GB. It will be guaranteed on dodge. Mind Games!
Really, just learn to play LB smart, he is not THAT weak. I admit he need a good rework with HA, some speed up etc. But he can bring hell even now. Same as Nobushi. Just learn your character and relax.

SpaceJim12
02-14-2019, 03:43 PM

Yeaaaah. Let's not to talk about 1v1.
Remind me, what character was a top 3 pick and winrate for so long in 4v4? Bombs, his halberd train, and endless gunk potential. Long Arm still the best gunking tool in the game, and still complain about LB. Nice!

David_gorda
02-14-2019, 05:04 PM
If people dodge after shove, use GB. It will be guaranteed on dodge. Mind Games!
Really, just learn to play LB smart, he is not THAT weak. I admit he need a good rework with HA, some speed up etc. But he can bring hell even now. Same as Nobushi. Just learn your character and relax. Roman in disguise :D yeah yeah lawbringer is fine and lawbringer mains only need to git Gud lol...