PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo MK 24 - "FIDO"

relcox
05-28-2007, 03:02 AM
just been reading about this allied weapon on U-boat.net, I have never heard of it before and was wondering if anyone new if it's use is simulated in the game, either stock or GWX?

relcox
05-28-2007, 03:02 AM
just been reading about this allied weapon on U-boat.net, I have never heard of it before and was wondering if anyone new if it's use is simulated in the game, either stock or GWX?

Minoos
05-28-2007, 08:30 AM
It is surprising to read that German homing torpedoes were twice the speed of a MK 24 or MK 27.

Unfortunately, it is not modeled in GWX...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">[ GWX manual ] The Allies sank both Type IXD2 boats on the way to the "I" rendezvous: a British B-24 depth charged
and sank U-200 and a Mk 24 "Fido" homing torpedo from a USN TBF Avenger based on USS Card
sank U-847. The Allies also sank three Type IXC Gruppe Monsun boats as they tried to break out into
the South Atlantic: U-506 (sunk by bombs from a USAAF B-24), U-509 (sunk by a "Fido" homing
torpedo from a USN Avenger aircraft based on USS Santee), and U-514 (sunk by rockets from a British
B-24).136 Note: GWX does not model the use of Mk. 24 "Fido" homing torpedoes by ASW aircraft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

relcox
05-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Note: GWX does not model the use of Mk. 24 "Fido" homing torpedoes by ASW aircraft. [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

One less thing to worry about then, thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif