PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, Seeing Increased Freezes/Pauses and More in 4.04m

ElAurens
02-27-2006, 05:39 AM
Since the introduction of 4.04 we (the BlitzPigs) have noticed a substantially increased number of "spawn" freezes, game "lockups", and an alarming frequency of clients being dropped to the "Mission Loading" screen, which requires them to exit the game and return. It is very perplexing, as the game "looks" better than ever IMHO, and when not having these problems runs well, even with maps that have upwards of 1800 placed objects on them. (Sometimes I get carried away).

Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

ElAurens
02-27-2006, 05:39 AM
Since the introduction of 4.04 we (the BlitzPigs) have noticed a substantially increased number of "spawn" freezes, game "lockups", and an alarming frequency of clients being dropped to the "Mission Loading" screen, which requires them to exit the game and return. It is very perplexing, as the game "looks" better than ever IMHO, and when not having these problems runs well, even with maps that have upwards of 1800 placed objects on them. (Sometimes I get carried away).

Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

mautsi2
02-27-2006, 07:24 AM
Not too much difference with 4.03 to 4.04,it became bit more heavier then 4.02 version.

I've tried different dll versions and i get best performance from 27.12.2005 released,23.1.2006 is also pretty close but has a bit more better quality overall grafix then the december ones.

Sometimes when AI bombers spawn there's a short freeze on our coops,other problems u wrote we haven't seen...

IAF_Phantom
02-27-2006, 08:12 AM
if you are running on an Intel Pentium Pc then look in the readme of the patch.
from 4.04m readme file
------------------
If you have a computer with a Pentium 4 processor, you may occasionally encounter game lock-ups or crashes to desktop. In order to solve that, copy your il2_core.dll into the il2_corep4.dll (for example, with the following command: "copy il2_core.dll il2_corep4.dll"; or, in Windows Explorer, navigate to your sim installation directory, delete the existing il2_corep4.dll, make a copy of the il2_core.dll, and rename the copy to il2_corep4.dll)

---------------------

Hristo_
02-27-2006, 09:12 AM
AMD user here and yes, I've noticed freezes are more frequent with 4.04 than in 4.03.

Note that I flew on same exact server with same exact pingtimes and same number of people as with prior version.

TheGozr
02-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Using teh new dll Foam and i have no freezes or stutters. i junked the 404m dll.

F16_Petter
03-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Hmm this isnt very constructive.

First of all lets define the problem...

1.If there is ANY user that can jump into a dogfight server that runs about 25-40 players and play on it for 5 minutes without getting constant small stuttering when ppl spawn.(joins the game)

2. Please would that person like to share what settings to use then? And make sure you read (1.) three times before posting..

3. Since that aint gonna happen, I would like to keep this conversation alive so that Oleg may see it... Once in the old Il2 days you could place static planes of the planesets to fix this problem, but thats long gone...

4. Dream scenario?
To be able to play without getting terrible freezes becaus a player spawns..
(imagine this in a FPS shooter.. like counterstrike... no one would like that!! after 5 minutes all would go to valve forums and whiiiine..)
I cannot belive why this hasn´t got higher PRIORITY in all those PATCHES that perhaps should fix BUGS???

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I am hoping for BoB.

Oh please.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Timex62
03-02-2006, 10:04 PM
It is not only online that has seen a difference. Due to my Ancient rig I fly offline only and I have noticed a big increase in short pauses when dogfighting. I have a penchant for early war, machine gun only planes which do not favor first pass B&Z kills. Therefore, because of my very limited rig and AI behavior I find that I must use turn & burn tactics unless I want No.3 Ai to steal my kills. The stutters occur mainly when I'm maneuvering behind my enemy and when opening fire.