PDA

View Full Version : [UPDATED 9/30/03] 2 New FBDaemon Servers up and running S! let the flying begin

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 10:21 PM
It took some blood sweat and tears, oh yeah.. and like a case of beer, but i finally got 2 Dedicated Servers up and running with FBD. Of course you know they are on UBI.com. Dont have much of a choice there. I would love to have them on HL, but i cannot run a server from the normal game on these boxes. I have tried endlessly to do it. So come on over to Ubi.com can check out the servers. I am in the process of making the custom missions. Right now i have 4 mission running in rotation. I will probably tweak them a bit yet tonight because i didnt do anything with conditions in them. I just wanted to make some quick maps to get it going.

Here are the server names and specs for those that care:

|FAST| Working FBD Server #1
max players = 32
connection = Dual OC3s

|FAST| Working FBD #2
max players = 24
connection = Full T1

I am not 100% sure bout 24 players on #2 yet. If it fills up i can check teh BW usage to see if a T1 can handle it. But from what i seen on #1, i think it should be fine. It might even handle a full 32 players. But i dont wanna get ahead of myself.

Well hope to see you all on the servers

S!

Ares

aka SPaRX

Message Edited on 10/01/03 01:21AM by Ares_22nd

Message Edited on 10/01/0301:22AM by Ares_22nd

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 10:21 PM
It took some blood sweat and tears, oh yeah.. and like a case of beer, but i finally got 2 Dedicated Servers up and running with FBD. Of course you know they are on UBI.com. Dont have much of a choice there. I would love to have them on HL, but i cannot run a server from the normal game on these boxes. I have tried endlessly to do it. So come on over to Ubi.com can check out the servers. I am in the process of making the custom missions. Right now i have 4 mission running in rotation. I will probably tweak them a bit yet tonight because i didnt do anything with conditions in them. I just wanted to make some quick maps to get it going.

Here are the server names and specs for those that care:

|FAST| Working FBD Server #1
max players = 32
connection = Dual OC3s

|FAST| Working FBD #2
max players = 24
connection = Full T1

I am not 100% sure bout 24 players on #2 yet. If it fills up i can check teh BW usage to see if a T1 can handle it. But from what i seen on #1, i think it should be fine. It might even handle a full 32 players. But i dont wanna get ahead of myself.

Well hope to see you all on the servers

S!

Ares

aka SPaRX

Message Edited on 10/01/03 01:21AM by Ares_22nd

Message Edited on 10/01/0301:22AM by Ares_22nd

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the effort you put in to get these up and running!

I don't fly on Ubi often but I may be there now that you've set these up.

Thanks again!

Message Edited on 09/26/0306:46PM by Chadburn

XyZspineZyX
09-27-2003, 12:04 AM
Thanks a lot! You are another one that sacrifices of yourself to give to this community and I for one appreciate it much, as I'm sure do others. I will check them out. Probably tonight. S! to you sir!

XyZspineZyX
09-27-2003, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. I am still working on the missions. Some are going a lil wacky on me. Trucks running into each other bla bla bla. But you can still dogfight till your hearts content. The servers seem to be running pretty smooth. Just need to get more ppl playin on them so i can stress test them. But since they are on UBI.com, its kinda hard to get players. But oh well.. they are there for enjoyment. Even if its just mine alone http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif hehehe.

S! all. Join up and have some fun
Ares
aka SPaRX

I wanted to cut and paste this in here. I posted this in another thread and i think its just some food for thought for everyone.

Also on a side note about this package they gave us. I look at it this way. I was looking for 3 things in the server mainly.

1. The obvious. Dedicated Server that uses low CPU resources. This we got. There were 8 people on the server and it was only using 2-8% of the cpu. Thats impressive.
2. The ability to run FBD servers. Well after some blood, sweat, tears, and MANY BEERS this is working.
3. The ability to run private servers and public servers with the dedicated package. Well we didn't quite get this one.

so i feel i got at least 80% of what i was looking for in the dedicated package. And the last time i checked, thats a passing grade in my book. All we can hope for is that UBI will release something that we can join by ip with, or that someone in the community will take care of it. For now i am satisfied. Not happy, but satisfied

Message Edited on 09/27/0302:24AM by Ares_22nd

XyZspineZyX
09-27-2003, 07:18 PM
BUMP!

need some players on these servers to test teh stability. Is there a problem with them and no one is telling me?

XyZspineZyX
09-28-2003, 01:31 AM
bump

XyZspineZyX
09-28-2003, 07:04 AM
Sorry for the noob question, but, may I connect to an IP directly to that servers?

Thx

XyZspineZyX
09-28-2003, 12:46 PM
hello I fly at ubi sometimes but I prefer servers with
restricted views settings, and I especially hate map icons.
Servers at ubi today have open views and map icons so I didn't
stay to fly at any server so you don't get test from me sorry http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

http://www.uploadit.org/files/280903-views.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-28-2003, 04:09 PM
S~ all,

Check em out, they run great.

TX-Zen
Black 6
TX Squadron CO
http://www.txsquadron.com
clyndes@hotmail.com (IM only)

http://www.txsquadron.com/uploaded/tx-zen/Zensig2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 01:02 AM
UPDATE!!!!

I have created 4 new missions. I am pretty happy with them as well. So all you HL guys, jump on over to UBI and give them a shot. I know you all hate UBI, but what other choice do we have right now to run dedicated servers.

Also i have changed the realism settings.. There is no longer no cockpit view. I have left the external views on for now because it seems to draw more pilots into the servers. If more pilots play that want external view off, i will without a doubt remove them. I peronally hate them. WW2 pilots couldn't sit on their Cowl and look behind them.. so why should we.

So come on over and give them a shot and post any feed back you might have on the servers and the missions.

S! Happy FLying and hope to see yo there

Ares

aka SPaRX

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 08:57 AM
Where are your servers located? Ours in in the UK (www.battle-fields.com (http://www.battle-fields.com)) I get about a 30 ping to ours and about 140 to yours si i guess your US based?

www.battle-fields.com/commscentre (http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre)

Dedicated gaming.

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 10:06 AM
It might be an idea to have the difficulty settings put differently on each server.
Personally, greatergreen's server is just right. I won't fly on anything with maps icons, padlock, no-cockpit view, or externals; no matter how good the map design is.
Perhaps, you could make the second server with easy settings for those that want these things enabled.

<center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_radar.jpg (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 03:22 PM
Thanks for all the work! This deserves a "BUMP!"

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 12:19 AM
Barndoor

good idea, i was so pumped to get the server up, never thought of doing that. I will definatly make one server harder then the other. Then ppl can choose.

I will post back what setting i put the servers at here in a bit. Then maybe you all can come do some flying http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. Hate seeing these servers sitting around empty. that is for sure

Ares

aka SPaRX

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 02:20 AM
ok... i have changed the settings on teh Scripted servers.

they are as follows. 1 = on , 0 = off

------------------------------------------
|FAST| Scripted FBD Med Settings
Connection: full T1
Max Players: 24

difficulty SeparateEStart 0
difficulty ComplexEManagement 1
difficulty NoMapIcons 0
difficulty NoMinimapPath 0
difficulty NoInstantSuccess 1
difficulty TakeoffLanding 1
difficulty WindTurulence 1
difficulty FlutterEffect 1
difficutly StallsSpins 1
difficulty BlackoutsRedouts 1
difficulty EngineOverheat 1
difficulty TorqueGyroEffects 1
difficulty RealisticLandings 1
difficulty CockpitAlwaysOn 0
difficulty NoOutsideViews 0
difficutly Headshake 1
difficulty NoIcons 0
difficulty RealisticGunnery 1
difficulty LimitedAmmo 1
difficulty LimitedFuel 1
difficulty Vunerablity 1
difficulty NoPadlock 0
difficulty Clouds 1
-------------------------------------------

|FAST| Scripted Hard Settings
Connection: Dual OC3's
Max Players: 32

difficulty SeparateEStart 0
difficulty ComplexEManagement 1
difficulty NoMapIcons 1
difficulty NoMinimapPath 0
difficulty NoInstantSuccess 1
difficulty TakeoffLanding 1
difficulty WindTurulence 1
difficulty FlutterEffect 1
difficutly StallsSpins 1
difficulty BlackoutsRedouts 1
difficulty EngineOverheat 1
difficulty TorqueGyroEffects 1
difficulty RealisticLandings 1
difficulty CockpitAlwaysOn 1
difficulty NoOutsideViews 1
difficutly Headshake 1
difficulty NoIcons 0
difficulty RealisticGunnery 1
difficulty LimitedAmmo 1
difficulty LimitedFuel 1
difficulty Vunerablity 1
difficulty NoPadlock 1
difficulty Clouds 1

I left minimappath on because i feel it just too hard to locate yourself on these maps. WW2 pilots had maps with their flights laid out on them. So they had a damn good idea where they were. I left icons on, but they have customs settings (see below).

---------------------------------------------

Each server has the following custome icon settings
mp_dotrange FOE DOT 15 COLOR 2.5 ID 2.5 TYPE 1.5 NAME 1.5 RANGE 5

mp_dotrange FRIENDLY DOT 15 COLOR 2.5 ID 2.5 TYPE 1.5 NAME 1.5 RANGE 5

-------------------------------------------------------

Well I hope these settings appeal to everyones liking. I presonally will be on the Hard setting server. Only reason i set up the Med one was due to comments for people playing on the servers. Hopefully we will get some flyers on the servers now. I don't want to have to take them down for lack of use, but there is no sense for these to be there empty.

As always, any questions or commments, please post and i will consider everything. If anyone has any ideas on missions or has some missions they would like to see in the map rotation, email me sparx@fastclan.com and i will take a look at them.

S! Happy Flying and Check your SIX!

Ares

aka SPaRX

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 11:36 AM
bump

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 05:20 AM
bump

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 10:31 PM
Bump it up, maybe we can get some players on the hard setting server tonight.

ares

aka SPaRX