PDA

View Full Version : State of balance and other jokes you tell yourself...

Elhantas
02-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Hello, just made a post for me to vent the frustration that the current state of nonsensicary brings. I am a Nobushi player, frowned upon for my taste of characters

So, today's frustration:
I managed to use my Hidden Stance to avoid Black Priors combo starter Light attack (a feat by in of itself), because i know BP has ridiculous recovery on his misses, i didn't even bother to try and counter him with my meager 500ms light attack from hidden stance(None worked so far on this particular character since i saw him), I was still standing in Hidden Stance, when i saw him, perform his combo attack - another light. I managed to react and dodge it to the side. Since i already know and heard that BP has only one-two combo's i immediately performed a dodge attack from my successful dodge( yet another feat that is hard to pull off) thinking this time, THIS TIME i can nail him in the *** with a flawless play since he whiffed not one, but both his attacks grabbing thin air... By the time i attacked using a sidewinder, he had already recovered from his attack and blocked me...

So that's... that's my frustration today. I managed to perform a perfect display of defence using the one tool Nobushi is known for, only to be farted on by poor number tweaking.

Ough, and also, screw all the people wielding far safer characters, who outperform nobushi in every possible direction, and still find the gal to turtle her...

Szalej.
02-08-2019, 10:14 PM
I get such frustration atleast twice in my short day, for same reasons. Usually in any other game a character that requies most skill to play is most rewarding for such skill and knowledge, not here, forget it. Here the hardest characters to play are usually the weakest one, at same time being countered / bad matchups against every other else. Im 62 rep nobushi main, still i do twice more on the battlefied with my rep 10 kensei because his moveset is quite safe and much more rewarding

Szalej.
02-08-2019, 10:33 PM
If you used HS at 70% stamina and enemy paried your attack, you're instantly OoS with stamina penalty. If you managed to put Warden in OoS with HS>Kick, he'll get his stamina full at the same time yours begin regenerating. Heavy feint into HS>Heavy / light parried= OoS. Watch Mr Medium, this guy is awesome but his gameplay doesnt work at all. He plays one card every match, Current state going oos as nobu is litreally a suicide against so many bashes that still drains "gray" stamina bar, a stamina you dont have

Goat_of_Vermund
02-09-2019, 12:19 AM
It is worse than that. If he whiffs the light and instead of going into the second light, he chooses the Tenebris move, you won't be able to dodge that in time. I started to main BP, and while I really like him, I think his things should be sligthly more punishable.

Helnekromancer
02-09-2019, 01:43 AM
Was playing PvE and ran into a bunch of new players all around rep 5-17 and was amazed at my total reps and asked why was i playing vs bots, we chat throughout the dominion match and they asked me to join them, one of them wanted to fight me so they make a custom skirmish, I whip out my Rep 60 Nobushi because they kept asking who I main and was sweating in the loading screen while 2 out of the 4 of them picked BP. Suffice as to say they beat with ease because I'm over here using HS and dodging his attacks trying to figure what I can and can not punish because my lights are so slow or his recovery is so low he can block the incoming attacks out of HS and dodge my kick. Sometimes I can dodge his zone in his light zone light and sometimes I can't, he's has deceptive range even though he's using a short range weapon. After they pounded my Nobushi I just swapped to Nuxia and beat them because of traps and if I miss my trap I would just use the light to start up another combo. Oh and if I manage to get them low they just sit in bulwark and heal to full health unless I run up and stop them
I like Nobushi a lot, but she is so stressful to play nowadays, like she is never a threat.

ArchDukeInstinct
02-09-2019, 08:24 AM
Hello, just made a post for me to vent the frustration that the current state of nonsensicary brings. I am a Nobushi player, frowned upon for my taste of characters

So, today's frustration:
I managed to use my Hidden Stance to avoid Black Priors combo starter Light attack (a feat by in of itself), because i know BP has ridiculous recovery on his misses, i didn't even bother to try and counter him with my meager 500ms light attack from hidden stance(None worked so far on this particular character since i saw him), I was still standing in Hidden Stance, when i saw him, perform his combo attack - another light. I managed to react and dodge it to the side. Since i already know and heard that BP has only one-two combo's i immediately performed a dodge attack from my successful dodge( yet another feat that is hard to pull off) thinking this time, THIS TIME i can nail him in the *** with a flawless play since he whiffed not one, but both his attacks grabbing thin air... By the time i attacked using a sidewinder, he had already recovered from his attack and blocked me...

So that's... that's my frustration today. I managed to perform a perfect display of defence using the one tool Nobushi is known for, only to be farted on by poor number tweaking.

Ough, and also, screw all the people wielding far safer characters, who outperform nobushi in every possible direction, and still find the gal to turtle her...

Obviously BP is much more viable than Nobushi, I mean most characters are, but it seems to me that the easy solution here is to just parry the 500ms light attack and save hidden stance for bulwork slash/gb mixup, no? It really isn't that difficult to parry a 500ms light attack.