PDA

View Full Version : Speed bar

SAW_343
08-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Is it possible to lock the speedbar to knots or at least have knots come up as first choice?

ps. I have a key assigned to toggle the speedbar.

SAW_343
08-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Is it possible to lock the speedbar to knots or at least have knots come up as first choice?

ps. I have a key assigned to toggle the speedbar.

WTE_Galway
08-03-2010, 10:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sawyer692:

ps. I have a key assigned to toggle the speedbar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think there were scripts around to do it. As far as I know its still not a simple config option, you need to do it manually or script it at startup.

Its a good suggestion for something for TD to look at in 4.11 though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (bearing in mind that sensible requests like that in the TD threads usually get buried by crazy people spamming wanting stuff like maps of Chicago, a flyable Spruce Goose, uranium tipped sabot 0.50 cal to kill tigers and the option to replace all insignia in game with the Swastika http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

Bremspropeller
08-04-2010, 04:33 AM
While we're at it:

Do they serve gin at the Speed Bar?

rfxcasey
08-04-2010, 04:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bremspropeller:
While we're at it:

Do they serve gin at the Speed Bar? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, methamphetamines only.

TheFamilyMan
08-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Well, someone needs to mention this...

Like crystal meth, the speed bar becomes a nasty addiction. Learn to use those gauges in front of you in that virtual cockpit; once you start it soon becomes a healthly habit. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Swivet
08-04-2010, 03:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sawyer692:

ps. I have a key assigned to toggle the speedbar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The way our squad did it was to edit the "conf.ini" file with this being the last line in that file "[Mods]
SpeedbarTAS=1"

Mind you it is NOT a mod that is downloaded etc,. Then you assign a key for it. I used my left "ALT" key.

RAF_OldBuzzard
08-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Assuming that you are using the mods, then you need an entry in the [Mod] section of your conf.ini file.

I prefer to use MPH as the default setting, so my entry is: SpeedbarUnits=3.

I'm guessing that to get Knots, you would use SpeedbarUnits=2, but that's only a guess.

Swivet, I'd be REAL leery of using TAS in the speedbar unless you are relying on your Airspeed Indicator for normal flying. All speed related events: Gear retract/extend, flap deployment, Vne, stall, are all based on IAS, not TAS.