PDA

View Full Version : Much help needed please

Welsh_Al
01-15-2006, 06:27 AM
I throw myself at your mercy.
I've bought Pacific fighters and we're having issues.
For a start, I've patched it to 4.02, careful to follow your steps outlined in the thread above.

The game starts and runs the default missions fine apart from the dynamic campaigns.

I get a load error; cannot load Kuban/load.ini, singapore/load.ini and others.
It's quite annoying as i was looking forward to some action in a Spitfire...

The other thing is that i seem to be nable to find much by way of user-made missions and offline campaigns for PF standalone.
I've tried all the links in the 'rate the missions' sticky above, but there's only a handful that aren't for FB/AEP.

Does anyone know of a PF-orientated site where i can find stuff that works?.

Thanks in advance.

Al.

Welsh_Al
01-15-2006, 06:27 AM
I throw myself at your mercy.
I've bought Pacific fighters and we're having issues.
For a start, I've patched it to 4.02, careful to follow your steps outlined in the thread above.

The game starts and runs the default missions fine apart from the dynamic campaigns.

I get a load error; cannot load Kuban/load.ini, singapore/load.ini and others.
It's quite annoying as i was looking forward to some action in a Spitfire...

The other thing is that i seem to be nable to find much by way of user-made missions and offline campaigns for PF standalone.
I've tried all the links in the 'rate the missions' sticky above, but there's only a handful that aren't for FB/AEP.

Does anyone know of a PF-orientated site where i can find stuff that works?.

Thanks in advance.

Al.

La7_Baalberith
01-15-2006, 06:37 AM
hi,

If u have Pacific Fighters out of the box, u need the following patches:

1. 3.03
2. 4.01
3. 4.02

If u have a merged install of Pacific Fighters, u need the merged patches. They are the same ones as listed above, with the extra extension (M)erged, example: 3.03m.exe

It looks like u patched the game from 3.0 (out of the box) directly to 4.02, and so u are missing a couple of maps wich are in the patches 3.03(m) and 4.01(m).

Hope u find this a little helpfull, and lots of fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Remco

x6BL_Brando
01-15-2006, 06:56 AM
It also sounds as if you might have installed one or more of the merged-type patches. The Kuban and other Russian locations are not included PF-standalone. Perhaps you are trying to fly a campaign designed for the merged game - in which case the data sought is not on your hard drive.

Two suggestions:

Take this problem to the Community Help forum, it'll get better attention (no offence meant Remco) - let's say wider attention - and,

buy the preceding CD's Forgotten Battles and the Aces Expansion pack. I noticed in another thread that The Gold Pack (FB+AEP) is still available from Amazon. There is also a DVD due out of the whole shooting-match.

B.