PDA

View Full Version : Il-2 install ?....

woofiedog
08-31-2005, 01:14 AM
Is it possible to download both IL-2 & Rus Version IL-2 on the same computer... or will the computer say it already has Il-2 program downloaded and won't install the second version.
I should add... does anyone out there already have both versions running on their rig?

woofiedog
08-31-2005, 01:14 AM
Is it possible to download both IL-2 & Rus Version IL-2 on the same computer... or will the computer say it already has Il-2 program downloaded and won't install the second version.
I should add... does anyone out there already have both versions running on their rig?

FlatSpinMan
08-31-2005, 01:22 AM
It should work if you install the second one to another location like ../program files/russianfb or whatever you chose to name it. As long as you remembered the location and installed patches, skins etc to the same place it would be okay. I have to say that I haven't tried this and could be wrong.

==============================

woofiedog
08-31-2005, 01:33 AM
You might be right on this... when I get home in the morning I'm going the try down installing a second Il-2 FB on my computer to see if it works.

EURO_Snoopy
08-31-2005, 01:44 AM
Woofie, for a multi version install follow Tullys' guide (http://airwarfare.com/mediawiki-1.4.5/index.php?title=Multiple_Installations)

woofiedog
08-31-2005, 06:08 AM
EURO_Snoopy... Thank You for the infomation!
I'd like to give it a try also for a separate install of one of the Il-2/FB early version patches... before the aircraft started to disappear after they have landed.
I now have the Demo of Sturmovik, Sturmovik, the combo Il-2FB/A/PF and Pacific Fighters.
So having a separate Il-2 Forgotten Battles would be Mint!
Again Thank's

woofiedog
08-31-2005, 06:11 AM
I forgot to add... my sister in-law speaks and reads Russian! So I'm covered with a Russian Version. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

FlatSpinMan
09-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Did it work ok? And where did you get the Russian version?

LStarosta
09-01-2005, 12:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woofiedog:
I should add... does anyone out there already have both versions running on their rig? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you download it from?

woofiedog
09-01-2005, 02:08 PM
LStarosta... <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Where did you download it from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure if I'm following you... any Legal version of IL-2 comes from a disc.
I'm trying right now to find the Rus Versions of IL-2[on disc].

My quesion was... are you able to run both versions on the same computer.

If you try downloaded[off disc] normally it won't install... your computer will say... you all ready have a version and it won't install.

I have to add... all my Versions I have Now and any later will be Legal Versions.

woofiedog
09-01-2005, 02:27 PM
FlatSpinMan... I haven't had a chance yet to work on it. I'm going to set-up an early patch version of IL-2/FB to find out what to do... using Tully's Guide.
I will get back to you though how it go's.
I've also been checking out the internet for {legal} Disc's of the Rus Versions of IL-2... and have had no Luck at all so far.
But I'm sure they are out there somewhere. {sort of like the Moody Blue's song... I know your out there somewhere}

FlatSpinMan
09-02-2005, 08:21 AM
We should really enlist a Russian speaker, or better a resident to buy a bunch for us out here in the less favoured parts of the world. I guess there would be big hassles with payment and stuff though. I'm okay at the moment anyway but I just hate the thought of missing out on anything.I'm hooked, thoroughly.