PDA

View Full Version : HELP

ottoramsaig1959
06-27-2010, 07:06 AM
Just tried to reload 1946. I keep getting an error message. P.S. haven't been here in a while

ottoramsaig1959
06-27-2010, 07:06 AM
Just tried to reload 1946. I keep getting an error message. P.S. haven't been here in a while

AndyJWest
06-27-2010, 07:33 AM
Welcome back.

I think it might help if you told us a bit more about the problem. What did the error message say?

ytareh
06-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Just open up the folders on the dvd and click on a.exe ...I think thats it...It will NOT autostart you HAVE to go to D Drive or whatever letter you use for your dvd player and right click ,press EXPLORE or OPEN and find it in there (a.exe)

ottoramsaig1959
06-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Hey thanks for the welcome backhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Been a little busy lately. I will write down what the error message is when I get home. I think I may have tried the DVD route but will try it again. Really want this to work as there are really no good flight sims left. Tried the demo on Wings of Prey but I had major joystick issues.

ottoramsaig1959
06-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Actually I am trying to re-install the game but I get this error:

Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.
C\DOCUME~1\ADMINI\~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\_is1A\1033.MST

Any idea of what I need to do.

WTE_Galway
06-29-2010, 05:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ottoramsaig1959:

Any idea of what I need to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What version of Windows ? What user are you logged in as ? Do they have administrator rights ?

ottoramsaig1959
07-01-2010, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ottoramsaig1959:

Any idea of what I need to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What version of Windows ? What user are you logged in as ? Do they have administrator rights ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WIndows XP, it did work before I uninstalled it and re-installed it. No log in as I use the CD.

Urufu_Shinjiro
07-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Try copying the contents of the cd to your hard drive and try installing from there.

ottoramsaig1959
07-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Tried Copying the files to Desk Top Folder. Still can not install it..............

nvrsummer2
07-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Backup any config stuff from the old install that you want to keep to a folder on your desktop. Go into the program files on your hard drive and delete any folders related to IL2.

Download and run ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com (http://www.ccleaner.com)

Run the temp file cleaner then do the registry repair portion.

***MAKE A BACKUP OF THE REGISTRY WHEN PROMPTED***
'
This should clean out any remaining remnants of the old install. Then go into the disc and run the file a.exe.

Xiolablu3
07-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Seems like some of your hard disc space is corrupt?

Go to the folder C\DOCUME~1\ADMINI\~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ and delete the temp folder then try again.

If that doesnt work, do you know how to run chkdsk c: /r ?

ottoramsaig1959
07-05-2010, 05:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xiolablu3:

Go to the folder C\DOCUME~1\ADMINI\~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ and delete the temp folder then try again.

If that doesnt work, do you know how to run chkdsk c: /r ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am a novice when it comes to PC's but always willing to learn. I should point out that I have the Wise Cleaner Program and "Perfect Uninstaller". With the "Perfect Uninstaller" It shows IL2 But will not or maybe cannot delete the folder. My original Plan was to totally remove IL2 from my hard drive for a while. Then re-install it, thats when the problem started.

My computer cannot find this link, yet it generates the message during the IL2 1946 Install.
C\DOCUME~1\ADMINI\~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\

I Beleive this is a disk check of the hard drive?
chkdsk c: /r ?

I have run a successful and complete Disk Check for the C Drive. All seems to be normal.

T_O_A_D
07-06-2010, 12:33 AM
I'd try and delete everything in that temp folder.

I'd also look and see if your registry still has a listing for IL2.

If so you can delete it and reboot.

Start button\run\regedit\enter

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/T_O_A_D/IL2%20AEP%20PF%20pics/th_IL2Regedit.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v37/T_O_A_D/IL2%20AEP%20PF%20pics/?action=view&current=IL2Regedit.jpg)
(yes I know, I'll get scolded for telling you to mess with your registry, but I've done it many times over in the past with this game.)

Then try and reinstall.

ottoramsaig1959
07-07-2010, 10:31 AM
How do I get to the registry. I just looked at my Perfect Unistaller Program and I do not see IL2

ottoramsaig1959
07-07-2010, 10:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xiolablu3:

Hate to be an idiot but how were do I type in C\DOCUME~1\ADMINI\~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\

If that doesnt work, do you know how to run chkdsk c: /r ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am a novice when it comes to PC's but always willing to learn. I should point out that I have the Wise Cleaner Program and "Perfect Uninstaller". With the "Perfect Uninstaller" It shows IL2 But will not or maybe cannot delete the folder. My original Plan was to totally remove IL2 from my hard drive for a while. Then re-install it, thats when the problem started.

My computer cannot find this link, yet it generates the message during the IL2 1946 Install.

I Beleive this is a disk check of the hard drive?
chkdsk c: /r ?

I have run a successful and complete Disk Check for the C Drive. All seems to be normal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

T_O_A_D
07-07-2010, 01:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Start button\run\regedit\enter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok I'll try again.

you click the <span class="ev_code_GREEN">Start button</span>

Then click <span class="ev_code_GREEN">Run</span>

Then type <span class="ev_code_GREEN">regedit</span>

Then click <span class="ev_code_GREEN">OK</span>

The reason your PC doesn't see this link.

Is because it is inside a hidden folder.

You have to set up your folder options to show hidden folders.

More info here.
https://www.microsoft.com/wind...ips/hiddenfiles.mspx (https://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx)

http://www.microsoft.com/resou...nsions.mspx?mfr=true (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

ottoramsaig1959
07-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Got it! Plain as mud, Thanks. I now have my files unhiden. Really appriciate the help. Feed a man fish.............

T_O_A_D
07-07-2010, 11:32 PM
So, any luck on the install?