PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas for new weapons

Yousosmart
02-05-2019, 01:20 AM
I got a few of these ideas while playing Star Conflict (a Russian space MMO) and from other games.

The names of these weapons are placeholders, so try to focus instead on the weapon mechanics and worry about naming them later.

Shock Rifle (https://unreal.fandom.com/wiki/Shock_Rifle)
Tap the trigger to fire a quick bolt of energy that deals modest damage to a single target. Hold down the trigger to charge up a slow-moving orb of energy that deals considerably more damage with a small blast radius.
If you shoot an orb with a bolt, the orb will explode, dealing powerful damage in a large blast radius.

Flux Phaser
Projects a targeting beam upon pressing the trigger. While it's pressed a charge follows the beam. As soon as the trigger is released, the charge explodes, damaging nearby enemies.

Ion Emitter
Fires a powerful beam that deals continuous damage to the target at medium range. The beam's damage increases the longer you hold it onto the target. Ideal for burning down slower enemies, but doesn't classify as a Siege weapon.

The Sludger
Tapping the trigger fires a glob of toxic goo in a parabolic arc toward your target. Holding down the trigger will charge up a larger glob that will deal increased damage, but has a slower projectile speed and less range. This weapon is ideal for close-quarters, but not very useful in space due to the glob quickly dispersing in zero-G conditions.

Spread Buster
A homing charge is fired at each enemy in the line of fire. Consumes more weapon energy for each target. Has good range, and is ideal for dealing with large groups of enemies.

-----

I'll add more as I think of them.

Ubi-Lucipus
02-05-2019, 12:18 PM
Great suggestions, thank you for sharing these with us ;)

I really like the Ion emitter, as I am quite fond of damage increase weapons :)