PDA

View Full Version : 300 types of bombs

GunnarGunderson
12-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Was the actual number of bomb types in the game even close to 100?

Yairo809
12-15-2011, 08:22 PM
it felt more like 15 to me

SaintlPatrick
12-15-2011, 08:24 PM
4 types of casings(I think), 3 types of gunpowder, 4 effects. Which if I'm doing this right is 4*4*3=48 variations for one pouch. There's three pouches so... 48*3= 144.

Sarari
12-15-2011, 08:29 PM
There are only some affects, but you can make them very specific and detailed if you'd like. That's what they mean by 300+. I was kind of over whelmed at the thought but yea, it's pretty simple.

GunnarGunderson
12-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by SaintlPatrick:
4 types of casings(I think), 3 types of gunpowder, 4 effects. Which if I'm doing this right is 4*4*3=48 variations for one pouch. There's three pouches so... 48*3= 144. that's not even half of what they promised, and more than half of them are completely useless.

twenty_glyphs
12-15-2011, 09:42 PM
It wasn't even close to 300 bombs. There are 10 effects (3 lethal, 3 tactical, 4 diversion), 4 shells and 3 gunpowders, so that's 10x4x3, which is 120 types of bombs. Changing gunpowders hardly feels any different, so it was pretty meaningless for me. They must have removed a lot of ingredients from the game, or even a shell type. I think somewhere around August they started saying there were more than 100 types of bombs, which is ultimately true.

CRUDFACE
12-16-2011, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
It wasn't even close to 300 bombs. There are 10 effects (3 lethal, 3 tactical, 4 diversion), 4 shells and 3 gunpowders, so that's 10x4x3, which is 120 types of bombs. Changing gunpowders hardly feels any different, so it was pretty meaningless for me. They must have removed a lot of ingredients from the game, or even a shell type. I think somewhere around August they started saying there were more than 100 types of bombs, which is ultimately true.

I knew there were! Not the actually number, but I remember around the time of Launch the number of bombs present in the game began to change from "near 300" to "over 100" which came off as weird.

Rakudaton
12-16-2011, 03:20 AM
Yeah, I was pretty disappointed at the reduction in variety. I still love the bombs, mind, it's just that I would have preferred 300 to 100.

Plus, consider:

-- Shrapnel and Thunder Bombs are virtually identical;
-- Similarly, Cherry and Smoke Signal Bombs are virtually identical;
-- Trip-wire casing is basically useless except for lethal bombs;
-- The three gunpowder types don't really change much;

So, yeah. The number of DISTINCT and USEFUL bomb types, in my opinion, is more like 26. Still a lot, but about a tenth of what I was hoping for.

ProdiGurl
12-16-2011, 04:18 AM
Why would we need more? Most feedback I saw noted that it was overkill on the variety of bombs & to scale them back -
enough people didn't even care about the bombs.
Plus, in previous AC's we've only had one smoke bomb & could only carry 3 at a time.

I'd say we got spoiled. I loved the bombs & hope they add some in AC3 for us.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Inorganic9_2
12-16-2011, 04:52 AM
I found it more like three or four bombs were useful...

And that's only because some den leaders couldn't be air assassinated. Bombs or hidden gun it was.

ProdiGurl
12-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
I found it more like three or four bombs were useful...

And that's only because some den leaders couldn't be air assassinated. Bombs or hidden gun it was.

Ya there's really not much need for the arsenal of bomb types.
I'm still going to venture out & experiment w/ all of them.
What I don't want to see is if Ubi keeps the bombs & scales them back to a few, people sending in complaints that they didn't keep their favorite type of bomb
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Vex_Assassin
12-16-2011, 10:16 AM
The only bombs I actually used alot are the Shrapnel ones, the Smoke Screen ones and the Cherry Bombs. Other than that, I didn't find them much useful. Bombs were still a great addition though.

Sarari
12-16-2011, 11:02 AM
I used the bombs a lot. I hope they don't remove it in AC3.

My only worry now is that they over do the bomb system and bomb types. I think they're perfect as they are.

ProdiGurl
12-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Ya I really hope we get them back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I needed 2 types of lethal bombs in some missions - the mission that you can't be detected, I needed the Datura. That was a silent kill. The splinter brings attn. to you.

The smoke & cherry were the other 2 that worked well. But I do need to be able to just drop a smoke bomb like in ACB to escape.

I didn't need any of the Indian powder, it was too small a radius. The problem is not knowing which you'll need for something and what you're carrying on you.
I don't know how that could be fixed other than offering bomb tables all thru your missions.

Serrachio
12-16-2011, 11:16 AM
I think for all the supposed bomb types, with the mix and match of the bomb effects and shells, there was never really any combinations that had special abilities to them.

I would have liked it if a certain shell, gunpowder and filling had special secondary things.

If a Tripwire Datura bomb had a small something different to an Impact Datura bomb, I could have seen the use of bomb crafting as a lot more creative than it currently is.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Lol bombs... when I have a sh1te it creates a larger explosion then that.

Inorganic9_2
12-16-2011, 01:04 PM
^ charming.

I would have liked the ingredients to have been more useful, but I thought it was a fairly good system. Use them if you want. You didn't NEED to use them, it was a choice. They made some things easier, but things were not impossible without them. I liked that.

E-Zekiel
12-16-2011, 01:13 PM
What's the deal with people saying constantly THEY PROMISED US _____! There's that sense of entitlement again. I have never in my life heard a game developer say "I promise to give you ______" or "I promise" followed by anything.

Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Yeah, I was pretty disappointed at the reduction in variety. I still love the bombs, mind, it's just that I would have preferred 300 to 100.

Plus, consider:

-- Shrapnel and Thunder Bombs are virtually identical;
-- Similarly, Cherry and Smoke Signal Bombs are virtually identical;
-- Trip-wire casing is basically useless except for lethal bombs;
-- The three gunpowder types don't really change much;

So, yeah. The number of DISTINCT and USEFUL bomb types, in my opinion, is more like 26. Still a lot, but about a tenth of what I was hoping for.

--Shrapnel kills. Thunder KO's.

-- Range difference.

-- Trip wires are of limited use, admittedly...great for den captains, however.

-- Admittedly haven't compared them with high frequency.

value_zero
12-16-2011, 02:14 PM
What happened with non greedy ubi, acb was like 30 euros on pre order, including 40+ hours of gameplay for beating everything in the game and two bonus
missions, the free 2 dlc all kind of crazy stuff, free upoints giveaways, i honestly thought the game should worthed way much more, but now u preorder special edition for 40 euros, get 10+ hours of gameplay for nothing left to dos, gets armor, 2 characters, and a soundtrac k that even doesnt include a single song from that game, i miss acb

Rakudaton
12-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
--Shrapnel kills. Thunder KO's.

-- Range difference.

-- Trip wires are of limited use, admittedly...great for den captains, however.

-- Admittedly haven't compared them with high frequency.

-- "Virtually", in common parlance, is usually taken to mean "almost"; it was in this sense that I used the word. I consider knocking someone out and killing them to be ALMOST identical in this context.

-- See my above point. Nor is it a range thing per se: it's about line of sight. Still, I have never come across a situation in which I had one and wished I had the other; they're just that similar.

-- Yes, they're good for den captains, but as I said only lethal tripwires are of any use.

-- Yeah, neither have I really. All I can say is that while there is a noticeable difference, I don't consider it substantial enough to consider them different TYPES of bombs.

To be honest I consider the current system to be quite sufficient. I just would have liked more variety (but I would say that regardless of how much variety there was anyway http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif)

ProdiGurl
12-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by value_zero:
What happened with non greedy ubi, acb was like 30 euros on pre order, including 40+ hours of gameplay for beating everything in the game and two bonus
missions, the free 2 dlc all kind of crazy stuff, free upoints giveaways, i honestly thought the game should worthed way much more, but now u preorder special edition for 40 euros, get 10+ hours of gameplay for nothing left to dos, gets armor, 2 characters, and a soundtrac k that even doesnt include a single song from that game, i miss acb

Well it sounds like you should trade in your used game & use that towards another game you like instead.

Maybe you should do like others do & wait before you buy it - try renting it first?

I was 100% happy with it & after renting it, bought it. To each their own.

E-Zekiel

Posted Fri December 16 2011 12:13 Hide Post
What's the deal with people saying constantly THEY PROMISED US _____! There's that sense of entitlement again. I have never in my life heard a game developer say "I promise to give you ______" or "I promise" followed by anything.

Good Q. Well, just figure that it's Time Magazine that's calling the Protesters the person of the year.
It's all about protest I guess.
?

But I can see why some have issues . . I just think it's gotten excessive and gone over the line tho.

value_zero
12-17-2011, 01:21 AM
All i needed was hug, and i never have the intention to trade the game.

CRUDFACE
12-17-2011, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I used the bombs a lot. I hope they don't remove it in AC3.

My only worry now is that they over do the bomb system and bomb types. I think they're perfect as they are.

While i didn't use them allot, I liked them, and it sounds like they'll stay, especially when Ezio goes back to Rome and tells his brothers about them.

And 300 would have been to much, always thought it was. what we have here feels cool though.

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by value_zero:
All i needed was hug, and i never have the intention to trade the game.

http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

SixKeys
12-17-2011, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by value_zero:

Well it sounds like you should trade in your used game & use that towards another game you like instead.

Maybe you should do like others do & wait before you buy it - try renting it first?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with value-zero's points. I bought the collector's edition for 60 euros and feel ripped off. I'm going to be very wary from now on before ordering any special editions from Ubisoft.

I don't know what platform value_zero plays on, but some of us are PC players and can't rent the game to try it before buying. Just saying. Last time they made PC players wait 4 months so the console players had plenty of time to ruin the plot for us by posting spoilers everywhere (even outside the forums), it's kinda hard to say "I'll just wait till it goes down in price".

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by value_zero:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with value-zero's points. I bought the collector's edition for 60 euros and feel ripped off. I'm going to be very wary from now on before ordering any special editions from Ubisoft.

I don't know what platform value_zero plays on, but some of us are PC players and can't rent the game to try it before buying. Just saying. Last time they made PC players wait 4 months so the console players had plenty of time to ruin the plot for us by posting spoilers everywhere (even outside the forums), it's kinda hard to say "I'll just wait till it goes down in price". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, well, first off, this is the Console area, I just assumed we were all able to rent the games. But I do see a valid point w/ the PC users.

I got tired of all the issues w/ PC last year and finally broke down & got my first Xbox & I'll never go back. I much prefer console [so far].

Anyways, I originally Pre-Ordered AC Signature Edition for Xbox but we had some unexpected financial problems that popped up & I couldn't get it.
At the same time I had other games I wondered if they were worth buying & decided to try Renting.

Long story short, I was soon hearing that Embers (incl. in the Sig Edition) was a cartoon of Ezio as a gampa - not what I wanted to see... )
Plus the soundtrack was of other songs from AC but none from ACR's soundtrack - and that out of those, City of Rome wasn't even on it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I was SO happy I never picked up my Pre-Order.
I ended up getting ACR on a great Christmas sale from Amazon & it should get here in a few days.

I went out & bought a game at full price for my PC a couple yrs ago & it wouldn't play on my PC for some reason - I went to their forums & found all kinds of bugs/glitches from users and wished I hadn't bought it yet.

So ya, people can definitely have some problems w/ some things, my only point is that I'm seeing stuff that I don't feel is warranted.

They can trade a game back in if they hate it or it has bugs or just opt to pay less by waiting longer - it's a risk every gamer takes by buying a game when it first comes out & it's something I never do myself since I'm on such a tight budget.

I'm not a fangirl/cheerleader for everything AC/Ubi, I just think gamers have some responsibility too & I like to be fair.