PDA

View Full Version : DEVELOPERS!! PLEASE HEAR ME OUT IF YOU CAN!!!

k4Anarky2011
06-06-2011, 11:31 PM
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">First of all, I can thank you guys enough to make a Far Cry 3. I have never played the first one, but the second one(Far Cry 2) is my second favorite game ever(first being CS:S, third being Fallout 3). After watching FC3 trailer and reading more details, I was a little worried, so I decided to make a Uplay account so that i could vent a bit(sorry)

I have played FC2's campaign on Infamous so many times and it keeps me coming back for more; here's why:
-I love the gritty realism of the game. The dark message is conveyed in the graphics, sounds, and the atmosphere. FC2 emphasizes careful planning, careful fighting(taking cover, conserve ammo, know who to shoot), and increased firepower and brutality as the game progress. Never before in a game I have genuinely panicked during firefights before, and im a veteran FPS player.

-The AI. I love the AI for their tenacity and creativity. This brought a unique challenge to usual shooters. I actually love respawning enemies, because every time it is a different challenge.

-Health system: I actually enjoy dying after getting shot like 3 bullets. This makes me care and jump into cover unlike many shooters. Please keep the health system

It's hard to try to describe what I felt when I played FC2, but here are some of my favorite moments, which I hope to tell exactly what I felt when I played FC2:

_It has been 30 minutes since I have last saved my game. I am currently being pinned down behind a rock by sniper fire and machine gun fire, while having no health syringe left and my AK has 25 rounds left and it is constantly jamming. I am considering running down enemy's camp and restock, while being under fire. I am genuiely scared for my life

_I was walking around, minding my own business when suddenly a 50 cal guntruck jumps out of nowhere, making me run for cover because I know that in this game I am vulnerable and fragile and I did not want to die. Then around 5 guys from the nearest outpost come to join and try to kill me. After out-manuevering and killing them, I proceed down to that camp and kill the rest, leaving the whole place on fire with a trail of bodies on my path

-Typical firefight: After killing the first guy to let them know I am coming, I took cover behind a rock as all hell broke loose. I scanned my left and right for any flankers, while moving down as I keep my ears and eyes open. Suddenly a shotgun blast behind my back, instinctively I run forward into the open. Left and right I was under PK machine gun fire, I had to take cover behind a wall or die. I make a run for it to draw my enemy into the open. They did, but I was not able to spot any of them with my AR-15 due to the high grass and because my enemies are really accurate. So I picked up a dead guy's PK machine gun and pour 200 rounds of blind suppressing fire toward the enemies.

Guys, I know you guys have had complains about the mechanics of the game, but didn't you realize that you guys had created a masterpiece back in 2008? Have you guys heard about a project call Permanent Death? It's about a guy who played FC2 with only one life?

After hearing that you guys will be dialling down the game(http://www.oxm.co.uk/29618/news/e3-2011-far-cry-3-will-blend-aspects-of-far-cry-1-and-2/), my heart just dropped so hard. Ive been waiting for this game for 3 years, and to be 4 years.

I really love the second Far Cry 2. Please, what ever you do, don't make Far Cry 3 to be another Call of Duty or Battlefield game.

I must be sounding like a complete murdering psychopath in the last two paragraphs, but If you guys are trying to give the players a taste of insanity, or "definition of insanity", as Einstein put it, I would say please consider my opinion before doing this. I love Far Cry 2 with all my hearts and thank all of you for bringing Far Cry 3 to life. </span>

k4Anarky2011
06-06-2011, 11:31 PM
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">First of all, I can thank you guys enough to make a Far Cry 3. I have never played the first one, but the second one(Far Cry 2) is my second favorite game ever(first being CS:S, third being Fallout 3). After watching FC3 trailer and reading more details, I was a little worried, so I decided to make a Uplay account so that i could vent a bit(sorry)

I have played FC2's campaign on Infamous so many times and it keeps me coming back for more; here's why:
-I love the gritty realism of the game. The dark message is conveyed in the graphics, sounds, and the atmosphere. FC2 emphasizes careful planning, careful fighting(taking cover, conserve ammo, know who to shoot), and increased firepower and brutality as the game progress. Never before in a game I have genuinely panicked during firefights before, and im a veteran FPS player.

-The AI. I love the AI for their tenacity and creativity. This brought a unique challenge to usual shooters. I actually love respawning enemies, because every time it is a different challenge.

-Health system: I actually enjoy dying after getting shot like 3 bullets. This makes me care and jump into cover unlike many shooters. Please keep the health system

It's hard to try to describe what I felt when I played FC2, but here are some of my favorite moments, which I hope to tell exactly what I felt when I played FC2:

_It has been 30 minutes since I have last saved my game. I am currently being pinned down behind a rock by sniper fire and machine gun fire, while having no health syringe left and my AK has 25 rounds left and it is constantly jamming. I am considering running down enemy's camp and restock, while being under fire. I am genuiely scared for my life

_I was walking around, minding my own business when suddenly a 50 cal guntruck jumps out of nowhere, making me run for cover because I know that in this game I am vulnerable and fragile and I did not want to die. Then around 5 guys from the nearest outpost come to join and try to kill me. After out-manuevering and killing them, I proceed down to that camp and kill the rest, leaving the whole place on fire with a trail of bodies on my path

-Typical firefight: After killing the first guy to let them know I am coming, I took cover behind a rock as all hell broke loose. I scanned my left and right for any flankers, while moving down as I keep my ears and eyes open. Suddenly a shotgun blast behind my back, instinctively I run forward into the open. Left and right I was under PK machine gun fire, I had to take cover behind a wall or die. I make a run for it to draw my enemy into the open. They did, but I was not able to spot any of them with my AR-15 due to the high grass and because my enemies are really accurate. So I picked up a dead guy's PK machine gun and pour 200 rounds of blind suppressing fire toward the enemies.

Guys, I know you guys have had complains about the mechanics of the game, but didn't you realize that you guys had created a masterpiece back in 2008? Have you guys heard about a project call Permanent Death? It's about a guy who played FC2 with only one life?

After hearing that you guys will be dialling down the game(http://www.oxm.co.uk/29618/news/e3-2011-far-cry-3-will-blend-aspects-of-far-cry-1-and-2/), my heart just dropped so hard. Ive been waiting for this game for 3 years, and to be 4 years.

I really love the second Far Cry 2. Please, what ever you do, don't make Far Cry 3 to be another Call of Duty or Battlefield game.

I must be sounding like a complete murdering psychopath in the last two paragraphs, but If you guys are trying to give the players a taste of insanity, or "definition of insanity", as Einstein put it, I would say please consider my opinion before doing this. I love Far Cry 2 with all my hearts and thank all of you for bringing Far Cry 3 to life. </span>

nster81
06-07-2011, 05:49 AM
MOst of all, the AI instant respawn needs to go. I hated going down the road after clearing a compound to find those same guys right back at that base five minutes later.

Also, Dan Hay confirmed fast travel, which is another perfect and much needed. addition:

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6.../?tag=videos;title;1 (http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6317174/?tag=videos;title;1)

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

k4Anarky2011
06-07-2011, 10:29 AM
thanks nster81
but let's be reasonable here. Respawning outposts are the fun part; because you couldn't know what to expect from the game.
I mean in a open world game, do you expect anything OTHER than respawning outposts? It makes senses, right? If else, the whole game world is going to be a big empty place; you will know what happens in the next corner, and that is boring
What I'm really worry is that Far Cry 3 is going to lose that unexpected happenstance element that made Far Cry 2 fun(not for everyone, of course)

skillfultree
06-09-2011, 01:48 AM
I completely agree with you. dought they will turn it into CoD or battlefield though. But that wouldnt be bad from a multiplayer veiw i think

lil_morta_7
06-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I agree in many ways. But one thing: It took hours to kill people in FC2, (Multiplayer) lol but I TOTALLY agree on your last statement. Far Cry 3 should not be just another FPS. But trust me, guys. It's an open world island with an epic map maker, a most-likely epic storyline, AND multiplayer. Even if the battle system turns out a little like Battlefield or CoD, You still can't top this game. Even so, Ubi! DO NOT try to copy ideas from Call of Duty or Battlefield. There's only one thing you can/should take from those games. You want your game to be as unique as possible. It looks pretty damn unique so far, but don't stray from that original intention because this game will feel like Call of Duty or Battlefield in an island. Lame. The ONLY thing I would take from Call of Duty is the look sensitivity. I played Far Cry 1 and Far Cry Instincts a lot but never got a chance to play Far Cry 2 so I don't know if you have already made it better but the look sensitivity on the original Far Cry's was horrible. It was so awkward and slow. and not a realistic slow like Killzone is was just weird. I ended up not killing a bunch of people because I couldn't aim to save my life. Please address that issue if you haven't already. But I'm nearly to tears with excitement ready to explore the HELL out of this island(s). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And one more thing I have with your statement, I HATE RESPAWNING ENEMIES. Especially if they have the AI like Far Cry 2. (I never played but I've seen gameplay. That AI is messed up. They can snipe you with their M9's from a good 5 damn miles away and everyone in town knows you've come to visit.) So it would be frustrating enough if you put that AI in Far Cry 3, but even worse if you have respawning enemies everywhere. Now I know you must have them respawning open world, but please not during missions. Other than that, I can't wait guys. Sorry for the essay I wrote you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif