PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking hotfix before PS4 plus free game?

Herbstlicht
02-02-2019, 02:51 PM
This one is important. You get the chance of a lot of new players joining in. You risk alienating them by showing off a 3 year old game in a state where even matchmaking doesn't work. That's bad. Like .. real bad.

Vakris_One
02-02-2019, 03:16 PM
And it's not only that the matchmaking is freezing but they also reset everyone's skill rating. So all those new PS4 players joining will be seeing a lot of veteran players in their matchmaking, whom they should never be put against.

One of these was an unexpected bug, ok, but the skill reset was actually planned to be this close to the game being free on PS plus. It boggles my mind how little communication between departments must be happening over at the FH team.

All in all Ubi really went out of their way to maximise the potential for a disasterous environment to welcome new players into. A 3 year old game with matchmaking that doesn't work half the time (the core fundamental function of an online PvP game) and when it does let you into a match you are facing veteran players that you should never have been matched up with. Oof!

Psycho-Bandit
02-02-2019, 04:10 PM
BTW, this game has started year 3. That means it is only 2 years old ;)

but still Right, mm is horrable and freezes all the time. And About the skill reset, i think it will get better after About a week but only if the mm is going to work. Without Matches there is no new skill Level.

Psycho-Bandit
02-02-2019, 04:11 PM
This one is important. You get the chance of a lot of new players joining in. You risk alienating them by showing off a 3 year old game in a state where even matchmaking doesn't work. That's bad. Like .. real bad.

BTW, this game has started year 3. That means it is only 2 years old ;)

but still Right, mm is horrable and freezes all the time. And About the skill reset, i think it will get better after About a week but only if the mm is going to work. Without Matches there is no new skill Level.