PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure this has been brought up a million times before...

iseelifeinhd
01-10-2011, 03:57 PM
But seriously, in the years and years in which Assassins Creed story lines take place, the weather is nothing else but sunny or cloudy? I'm pretty positive that precipitation in the form of snow and rain existed back then. I'm sure this has been brought up a million times before, but is there any explanation for this, other than the fact that Ubisoft might have thought it would obstruct view of some kind?

iseelifeinhd
01-10-2011, 03:57 PM
But seriously, in the years and years in which Assassins Creed story lines take place, the weather is nothing else but sunny or cloudy? I'm pretty positive that precipitation in the form of snow and rain existed back then. I'm sure this has been brought up a million times before, but is there any explanation for this, other than the fact that Ubisoft might have thought it would obstruct view of some kind?

Abeonis
01-10-2011, 04:08 PM
When was the last time you saw it snow in central Italy?

kriegerdesgottes
01-10-2011, 04:09 PM
This hasn't been brought up millions of times before, more like hundreds. And yes most of us agreed if not all of us that weather would be cool in assassin's creed.

rileypoole1234
01-10-2011, 04:10 PM
There are other threads about this but yea, im sure we would all love some sort of weather system in AC3. The rain in the St. Peters basilica tomb was awesome, so im sure Ubisoft will put weather in AC3.

Cheers.

Johno_efc
01-10-2011, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
When was the last time you saw it snow in central Italy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG7opgtg4B0

TrueDemonzBane
01-10-2011, 04:27 PM
think about it this way; the animus allows users to visit the genetic memories of their ancestors, but, it doesnt remember every detail, which is why we are able to do things at different times. for instance, i can complete all the thieves guild quests as they are unlocked, or i can do them after i've beaten the storyline. weather is the same way, i dont think the animus worries about things like that, and makes it sunny for the sake of memory viewing. of course, i could be wrong.

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
01-10-2011, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Johno_efc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG7opgtg4B0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

ThaWhistle
01-10-2011, 04:29 PM
precipitation is a lie.

Awe1
01-10-2011, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">precipitation is a lie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Es cierto.

Abeonis
01-10-2011, 04:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Johno_efc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG7opgtg4B0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apologies, should of specified: When was the last time you heard of it snowing in central Italy during the Renaissance?

I wasn't entirely sure if Rome got hit by snow this winter, just remember my cousin complaining about the snow in Venice.

ThaWhistle
01-10-2011, 08:17 PM
doesnt matter if its snow or rain. they could add some sort of weather.

l0newolf333
01-10-2011, 08:30 PM
I'll say it in one word: Tactics.

I'll now explain what I mean. Ever tried climbing something on a rainy or snowy day? I have. It also wouldn't be a good idea to plan an operation in adverse weather conditions, or they would have to call it off in case of bad weather I would presume. Otherwise, you'd have a level confined to the streets for realism's sake.

Maybe this would be a good idea for a level: an operation confined to the streets (a handicap of sorts) because it is too time sensitive/ critical to call off.

TheSpectator
01-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Rain and Snow wasn't invented until the early 1950's. It was a bold move by the russians and the beginning of the "Cold War".