PDA

View Full Version : What files to backup?

crucislancer
06-13-2007, 02:01 PM
I want to do a big HD wipe over the weekend, so I was wondering what files & folders I need to backup in my IL-2 1946 directory? I'm guessing it would be:

Users folder
Missions folder
PaintSchemes Folder
conf.ini file

Anything else?

crucislancer
06-13-2007, 02:01 PM
I want to do a big HD wipe over the weekend, so I was wondering what files & folders I need to backup in my IL-2 1946 directory? I'm guessing it would be:

Users folder
Missions folder
PaintSchemes Folder
conf.ini file

Anything else?

blairgowrie
06-13-2007, 03:10 PM
You got them all.

crucislancer
06-13-2007, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blairgowrie:
You got them all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent. Thanks!

DmdSeeker
06-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Does that list include played campaigns?

crucislancer
06-13-2007, 04:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DmdSeeker:
Does that list include played campaigns? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, all the campaigns as well.

Bearcat99
06-13-2007, 04:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crucislancer:

Users folder
Missions folder
PaintSchemes Folder
conf.ini file

Anything else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might want to include records if you have any ntrks you want to save and also quicks if you haver any practice QMs you are fond of.

crucislancer
06-13-2007, 05:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crucislancer:

Users folder
Missions folder
PaintSchemes Folder
conf.ini file

Anything else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might want to include records if you have any ntrks you want to save and also quicks if you haver any practice QMs you are fond of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, I forgot about the quicks folder. I forgot about it the last time with Pacific Fighters, lost about 20 of those puppies.

BTW, I like the Starbuck quote. Can't wait 'till next season.

jolly_magpie
06-13-2007, 05:40 PM
If you have screenshots, back those up too, they are in the root.