PDA

View Full Version : Assassinís Creed II DLC Raises Questions, Possibly Fills Gaps

Confusious30
12-01-2009, 08:46 PM
You donít make an expected hit game with a 200-plus-person development team and not plan some sort of downloadable content. Assassinís Creed II is getting two large add-ons. The names of these packs suggest key story gaps will be filled.

Ubisoftís announced the DLC for ACII this afternoon and provided some basic facts. One release in January, another in February. No price was announced, both will be sold for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Nothing too weird there.

Ubisoft recommends that gamers keep 1 GB of space free for each release. That raises an eyebrow. the size is double the size of a Call of Duty map pack on the Xbox 360, half the size of a Grand Theft Auto IV episode.

Hereís the part for the dedicated Assassinís players to sort out.

The January release is called the Battle of Forli.

The February one is the Bonfire of the Vanities.

Forli is a small city depicted in Assassinís Creed II. It is based on a real place where real battles occured. The not-always-reliable Wikipedia dates a Battle of Forli as having taken place in the 13th century, which would overlap with some of the events referenced in some of the texts and bonus material in Assassinís Creed II. Those alluded-to events precede the new game and bridge it back to the first Assassinís Creed, explaining why the new game is set in Italy.

Full article: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/...ls-gaps/#more-368911 (http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/12/assassins-creed-ii-dlc-raises-questions-possibly-fills-gaps/#more-368911)

Confusious30
12-01-2009, 08:46 PM
You donít make an expected hit game with a 200-plus-person development team and not plan some sort of downloadable content. Assassinís Creed II is getting two large add-ons. The names of these packs suggest key story gaps will be filled.

Ubisoftís announced the DLC for ACII this afternoon and provided some basic facts. One release in January, another in February. No price was announced, both will be sold for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Nothing too weird there.

Ubisoft recommends that gamers keep 1 GB of space free for each release. That raises an eyebrow. the size is double the size of a Call of Duty map pack on the Xbox 360, half the size of a Grand Theft Auto IV episode.

Hereís the part for the dedicated Assassinís players to sort out.

The January release is called the Battle of Forli.

The February one is the Bonfire of the Vanities.

Forli is a small city depicted in Assassinís Creed II. It is based on a real place where real battles occured. The not-always-reliable Wikipedia dates a Battle of Forli as having taken place in the 13th century, which would overlap with some of the events referenced in some of the texts and bonus material in Assassinís Creed II. Those alluded-to events precede the new game and bridge it back to the first Assassinís Creed, explaining why the new game is set in Italy.

Full article: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/...ls-gaps/#more-368911 (http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/12/assassins-creed-ii-dlc-raises-questions-possibly-fills-gaps/#more-368911)

An_Idea
12-01-2009, 09:08 PM
well i dont know my history as well as some *ahem* marka but the battle of forli sounds like it will most likely have caterina sfoza in it. cant wait until january http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif thanks for posting the article

Mcmole2
12-01-2009, 10:10 PM
This is probably when she will make the statement that Shaun alludes to during the jump in sequences. You know, the one where she stands up on a wall, lifts her skirt up, and claims that she can make more children after they threaten to kill hers.

An_Idea
12-01-2009, 10:17 PM
thats what i was thinking, but i know almost nothing about that part of history

JudgeQwerty
12-01-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm so happy happy happy!!!

apoc.reg
12-02-2009, 03:02 AM
Do we know if this will be hitting PC version?

I am waiting for the PC one but whether or not it'll be getting the DLC could be a deciding factor (i have a ps3 and xbox too)?

Thanks guys

MinscTheHunter
12-02-2009, 04:53 AM
I too am curious about the DLC availability for PC. I have asked this question long ago, before there was any DLC announced for AC2, and it was never answered... I hope they will answer it now:

Will all DLC that is released, also be released for PC? Or will it (just like with PoP) be for the consoles only?

And given the delay of the PC version: will any of the DLC be included in the PC release by default?

(I do not have a PS3 or Xbox, and I have no intention of buying them, but I'm already not happy about the PC version delay - to put it mildly -, if we also don't get the DLC, then I see no point in buying the game at all)

Crotanks
12-02-2009, 05:46 AM
I just hope it fills in sequences 12 and 13.

caswallawn_2k7
12-02-2009, 05:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crotanks:
I just hope it fills in sequences 12 and 13. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
IGN said the 2 DLC's filled the 2 empty block's, but that makes you think they never got the game finished on time and rushed out causing these 2 block's to be missed, as you would assume the DLC would tag on at the very very end of the game.

Neo_Age
12-02-2009, 06:23 AM
2 gigs total?! It had better be brilliant levels otherwise alot of players are going to be ****ed. My HDD is only a 10 gig one and ussually the only thing that large are demos (which after playing I promptly remove).

I would rather pay for a physical disk as an expansion pack then go the route of DLC if they are indeed that large.

caswallawn_2k7
12-02-2009, 06:35 AM
they could be more than 2gig in total they are saying they will be a minimum of 1gig each. but if you have a PS3 it's really easy and quite cheap to upgrade the hard drive, I only paid about £40 for a 250gig internal drive for my PS3.

now if you have the 360 it's a different story due to Microsoft locking the hard drive to authentic hardware only making the prices insane it's about £100 for a 120gig drive, when the actual physical drive that is in the Microsoft case without the Microsoft software can sell for under £30, hell the 250gig drive that MS used in the super elite is only about £40 with out the Microsoft trimmings, but if they ever release it as a addon it will cost a fortune. (a fix for this problem is on ebay you can get the pre flashed hard drives for a lot cheaper than the MS drive and they work exactly the same)

Neo_Age
12-02-2009, 07:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
they could be more than 2gig in total they are saying they will be a minimum of 1gig each. but if you have a PS3 it's really easy and quite cheap to upgrade the hard drive, I only paid about £40 for a 250gig internal drive for my PS3.

now if you have the 360 it's a different story due to Microsoft locking the hard drive to authentic hardware only making the prices insane it's about £100 for a 120gig drive, when the actual physical drive that is in the Microsoft case without the Microsoft software can sell for under £30, hell the 250gig drive that MS used in the super elite is only about £40 with out the Microsoft trimmings, but if they ever release it as a addon it will cost a fortune. (a fix for this problem is on ebay you can get the pre flashed hard drives for a lot cheaper than the MS drive and they work exactly the same) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah (un)fortunitely I have a 360 with only a 20 gig (at least thats what I suspect it is, I have access to at least 15 gig). I've been very frugal with what I let sit on the HDD (if it can sit on something else, like the computer, it does) but even then, I only have about 6-8 gigs remaining.

Granted that may sound like a fair amount for the immediate period but given that Micro$oft recently nerfed non Microsoft storage devices I cant help but wonder if they did the nerf after seeing that big studios like Ubisoft have big DLC's in the pipeline and are taking advantage of this by forcing customers to only buy their HDDs from M$. I wonder if the Datel Xport is still an option or if M$ did away with it as well, don't see it on any online stores.

In any case I guess ill be visiting GameStop today, see what I would get for my 20 gig, if anything.

caswallawn_2k7
12-02-2009, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Granted that may sound like a fair amount for the immediate period but given that Micro$oft recently nerfed non Microsoft storage devices I cant help but wonder if they did the nerf after seeing that big studios like Ubisoft have big DLC's in the pipeline and are taking advantage of this by forcing customers to only buy their HDDs from M$. I wonder if the Datel Xport is still an option or if M$ did away with it as well, don't see it on any online stores. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
for all intensive purposes the cheap 360 hard drives on ebay are Microsoft drives, some people managed to take the firmware from the official MS hard drives, then they buy the same model of hard drive (it's a certain western digital drive) from a PC shop meaning they get the drive a lot cheaper, they then use a PC to put the 360 firmware onto the drive making it identical to what MS sells, then it just a case of the cheap replacement plastic case (there are available all over) and you have a full functioning Microsoft drive.

the only difference is the 250gig drives are going for about £50 instead of about £100 for a 120gig that came out of a MS factory. they are the identical hardware and software just basically some1 put the parts together and did the flashing at home instead.

if you wanted to do it your self the information is all over the net but the ebay drives are an easy option.

Neo_Age
12-02-2009, 08:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Granted that may sound like a fair amount for the immediate period but given that Micro$oft recently nerfed non Microsoft storage devices I cant help but wonder if they did the nerf after seeing that big studios like Ubisoft have big DLC's in the pipeline and are taking advantage of this by forcing customers to only buy their HDDs from M$. I wonder if the Datel Xport is still an option or if M$ did away with it as well, don't see it on any online stores. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
for all intensive purposes the cheap 360 hard drives on ebay are Microsoft drives, some people managed to take the firmware from the official MS hard drives, then they buy the same model of hard drive (it's a certain western digital drive) from a PC shop meaning they get the drive a lot cheaper, they then use a PC to put the 360 firmware onto the drive making it identical to what MS sells, then it just a case of the cheap replacement plastic case (there are available all over) and you have a full functioning Microsoft drive.

the only difference is the 250gig drives are going for about £50 instead of about £100 for a 120gig that came out of a MS factory. they are the identical hardware and software just basically some1 put the parts together and did the flashing at home instead.

if you wanted to do it your self the information is all over the net but the ebay drives are an easy option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you actually hook it up to the 360 though?

caswallawn_2k7
12-02-2009, 08:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How do you actually hook it up to the 360 though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
inside the case on the 360 hard drive is a standard PC hard drive, if you do it your self you just open the case on your existing hard drive and swap in the new one (with the MS firmware) then it just clicks in the 360 the same way as any normal official 360 hard drive. you can get them ready made on ebay a lot cheaper than the official drives but looks wise, hardware wise and software wise they are identical to the 360 drive, the only difference is they don't come with a Microsoft warranty. and since it only connects to the top of the 360 exactly the same as a official drive (since it basically is an official drive) you don't need any modification to the actual console.

Neo_Age
12-02-2009, 08:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How do you actually hook it up to the 360 though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
inside the case on the 360 hard drive is a standard PC hard drive, if you do it your self you just open the case on your existing hard drive and swap in the new one (with the MS firmware) then it just clicks in the 360 the same way as any normal official 360 hard drive. you can get them ready made on ebay a lot cheaper than the official drives but looks wise, hardware wise and software wise they are identical to the 360 drive, the only difference is they don't come with a Microsoft warranty. and since it only connects to the top of the 360 exactly the same as a official drive (since it basically is an official drive) you don't need any modification to the actual console. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks good to know this. I'll have to look into it further if (when) my hard drive space becomes simply an unavoidable issue.

edit: How do you move your data from one drive to the other though?

caswallawn_2k7
12-02-2009, 08:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">edit: How do you move your data from one drive to the other though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not certain of that I swapped the drive on my 360 pretty much the day I got it, so never needed to back anything up, does the 360 not have a option to backup onto a USB device like the PS3 does? other than that all I can think is if some1 has made a third party device that can do it.

Neo_Age
12-02-2009, 08:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">edit: How do you move your data from one drive to the other though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not certain of that I swapped the drive on my 360 pretty much the day I got it, so never needed to back anything up, does the 360 not have a option to backup onto a USB device like the PS3 does? other than that all I can think is if some1 has made a third party device that can do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They do but I think its from Xbox hard drive to Xbox hard drive (like it hooks up to the port.

PuddingNL
12-02-2009, 09:12 AM
What about the PC version that comes out Q1 2010, does this DLC effect the PC version. That's what I'm curious about.

Fenro
12-02-2009, 09:13 AM
It was pretty clear that the 2 missing blocks would be DLC Spaces, heh cant wait to get my hands on them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Neo_Age
12-02-2009, 10:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fenro:
It was pretty clear that the 2 missing blocks would be DLC Spaces, heh cant wait to get my hands on them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which unfortunitely begs the question why are they being released so soon after the launch of the game? Was it a case of they didnt have enough time to release the whole thing or did they finish they see a chance to pull an extra 10 bucks (or however much each will cost) from their customers and chopped out the two memory blocks. Either way though I suppose it doesnt matter.

I wonder how the DLC will be inserted though. Does it change the dialog about the two missing blocks, IE shaun says "I can unlock block 12 but cant get to 13 yet" or is it more of while on the car ride to the cabin they manage to unlock the blocks.

PlagueDoctor357
12-02-2009, 10:03 AM
In one of the interviews with Patrice and COrey May back in the day they mentioned the Caterina skirt incident would be in the game and you would get to take part in it.

I was disappointed when I seen they cut it from the game and only made small mention of it.

Seems they just ran out of time and now they're adding it in!! Im pumped!

Runaque
01-10-2010, 09:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">t would be in the game and you would get to take part in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there an exact date known when we can expect the extra content in the PlayStation Store? I'm getting bored of the game already, I keep myself busy with training fighting skills and approaching targets to assassinate, but like I said, it's getting boring.

gboss927
02-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I have the "Battle Of Forli" DLC and it's okay. Not too much in terms of add on's, but I'm stuck with the flying machine and don't know if I'm actually supposed to do anything other than kick people off the building. Can anyone offer any kind of help concerning this PLEASE?????

PlagueDoctor357
02-04-2010, 02:11 PM
No it's just there to have fun with if you want.

Just crash if you want to get off or whatever I don't remember I don't use it.

gboss927
02-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Thank you. I await the next DLC. March 16th has DLC for "Dragon Age Origins". But AC2 is way better. Sure there's nothing else to do? The players guide says nothing about them either.