PDA

View Full Version : Graphics/Detail help needed please..

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 10:13 PM
I tried this in the tech support as well but no help.
I have a GeFroce 4 Ti 4800 and my system is strong enough to handle FB at it's max grahpic settings. I fly either the P-51 or the P-47 and I use to somewhat see the tracers and I could really see the flashes when I would get hits on a target such as a plane. I could REALLY see them for a ground target. However, now I can't see any flashes on the planes at all and I for sure can't see the tracers. Would anyone be kind enough to advise me on settings for my card or in the conf.ini file. I would really appreciate it...

Thanks and take care,

S77th Point-man

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 10:13 PM
I tried this in the tech support as well but no help.
I have a GeFroce 4 Ti 4800 and my system is strong enough to handle FB at it's max grahpic settings. I fly either the P-51 or the P-47 and I use to somewhat see the tracers and I could really see the flashes when I would get hits on a target such as a plane. I could REALLY see them for a ground target. However, now I can't see any flashes on the planes at all and I for sure can't see the tracers. Would anyone be kind enough to advise me on settings for my card or in the conf.ini file. I would really appreciate it...

Thanks and take care,

S77th Point-man

XyZspineZyX
12-10-2003, 05:26 AM
Sounds strange...what did you change? As far as I know, you don't control those things directly. If you have all maxed out settings (and be sure that you do - even check the Setup program to see if anything got changed) then it should be working.

Failing that, maybe a driver issue. Pre-1.21 those flashes and the tracer fire on American aircraft was nearly invisible.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
12-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Well, before that I able to see the flashes pretty well. Now the tracers I could see but not that good. Now they are almost both to where I can't see them at all... I didn't change anything at all...

XyZspineZyX
12-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Thread bound for technical help forum /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif , well actually.

XyZspineZyX
12-10-2003, 08:00 PM
I've already had it there and nobody has replied...

XyZspineZyX
12-10-2003, 11:22 PM
I also have noticed a seeming lack of tracer smoke more so from U.S. planes than the others.

I thought it was possibly from a lack of adequate time to program before releasing.

And my system specifications will allow me to see this game in excellent/perfect mode with no stutter.

Why no tracer smoke on the Allied planes?

(BTW ... I haven't paid any attention to hits on planes before this post, I'll check later.)

<o

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 07:11 AM
Snuffy_Hadden wrote:
- I also have noticed a seeming lack of tracer smoke
- more so from U.S. planes than the others.
-
- Why no tracer smoke on the Allied planes?
-

US .30/.50 caliber tracers do not employ smoke only Phospherous (sp) ignition.

Russian aircraft require skill to fly.
German aircraft require ten times that skill, and one hundred times the patience!

WUAF_CO_CRBNFRZ on HyperLobby

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Call me crazy, but I have seen many many many old dogfight and strafing run videos and I could clearly see smoke. I could see it in the black and white versions and the color film... Now granted it wasn't alot but you could still see it...

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 04:51 PM
and I realize that it may not have been REAL smoke employed by the bullets but it was steam, smoke, powder, something...

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 05:25 PM
I also know that it wasn't in all the footage that I've seen but It was in about 90% of what I've seen.