PDA

View Full Version : Twenty millimeter ammo and effect

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 05:10 PM
can someone explain how damage is calculated for different styles of ammo and weapons??

i found german 20mm ammo really ineffective against anything when compared to other countries 20mm ammunition. what causes that?

amount of He in shell?

russian shvak has bout 4-6 grams of He content, not the best quality explosive.

german 20 mm has bout 18 grams of He, HA41, bout 2,5 times stronger than russian He.

should that make any difference?

does only muzzle velocity count in damage model in FB??

i think that german He ammo doesnt much need velocity when it hits target, it makes big explosion at target, while russian one only makes small puff and fragments, which make lil holes at the plane skin etc, while german shell throws plane cover plates away.

Will u Oleg make it more complicated and more accurate at BoB??

Game has been good but always we need to nitpick about something and forget to thank you and ur team about good sim you guys have made, THX for this Oleg and Others!

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 05:10 PM
can someone explain how damage is calculated for different styles of ammo and weapons??

i found german 20mm ammo really ineffective against anything when compared to other countries 20mm ammunition. what causes that?

amount of He in shell?

russian shvak has bout 4-6 grams of He content, not the best quality explosive.

german 20 mm has bout 18 grams of He, HA41, bout 2,5 times stronger than russian He.

should that make any difference?

does only muzzle velocity count in damage model in FB??

i think that german He ammo doesnt much need velocity when it hits target, it makes big explosion at target, while russian one only makes small puff and fragments, which make lil holes at the plane skin etc, while german shell throws plane cover plates away.

Will u Oleg make it more complicated and more accurate at BoB??

Game has been good but always we need to nitpick about something and forget to thank you and ur team about good sim you guys have made, THX for this Oleg and Others!

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 07:22 PM
Which patch version? The potency of German 20mm's (the MG151/20) has been increased in the most recent beta RC01. I can't attest for the final quite yet but its definately improved in the RC01 version.

Even so, there are a few planes that can absorb damage rightly or wrongly but an FW190 with 4 MG151/20's is deadly...even to a P47 or a IL-2.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 07:51 PM
well, in 1.21 it sure aint so, gave la7 good hits with my FW a5, it just popped lil smoke and lost elevator, lil holes in wing etc. gladly P40 appeared behind me, few hits on me with .50cals and i lost wing. i just wonder that deltawood, really wonder it. is the weight for planes for full aluminium planes or for deltawood made planes?
in game FM i mean. i though deltawood is heavy etc compared to aluminium.. but i must be wrong again.

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Enofinu,
You just missed with your shooting. Anything 190 hits - fall apart if you get solid hits.
Try to shoot at your preset convergence distance (try off-line, arcade=1)
Or may be you are just trolling?

AKA_Bogun

---------------
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

- Tom Clancy

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 09:12 PM
Maybe the hits just happen to be with mostly AP and the HE rounds have mostly missed in your tests?

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 11:43 PM
well, if explosion bursts at target, la7, many hitted burst doesnt mean anythingm well what then does?

20mm cannon aint light mg u guys know? how many hits u guys think is neede to take one enemy fighter down, like La7? 4, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 100?? i just wonder.

XyZspineZyX
12-04-2003, 12:11 AM
now it takes about 16,5 hits with german 20mm to down la5F. isnt it BIT too much.. Germans counter that 4 hits would be enought for fighter kill.