PDA

View Full Version : What's the progress on the Reactionary Dialogue System?

Jazz117Volkov
02-01-2019, 08:26 AM
I feel like I was in the minority, but I was really looking forward to the dynamic dialogue system. Yes, I know, some of the lines were bad, but overall I liked it a lot. My question is, when can we expect an update on its progress? My understanding was some of the lines were getting re-recorded to better match the feel of the original deliveries.

Is the RDS something planned for this year?

Eidetik
02-01-2019, 10:19 AM
I agree with this,. I liked the fact that my heroes for a brief moment seemed to communicate with each other on the battlefield during their fights. It was a fulfilling immersion. They need to put it back together and reimplement it.

Illyrian_King
02-01-2019, 11:30 AM
They said that it is postpooned ... but for how long??

Kryltic
02-01-2019, 01:18 PM
Permanently with any luck... That is, unless they can actually get more of the original cast involved again and do it all properly.

Knight_Raime
02-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Nothing has been said on it since they said they were going to hold off on putting it out until they hit the quality they want. I loved the idea as well. Just not fond of how unrefined the voices sound. I didn't enjoy the sound of it being muffled or talking through a mask/helmet.

rottmeister
02-01-2019, 02:44 PM
I like the idea too, but some of the dialogue was really weird.

"wHAt A pREtTy BlADe" -Shaolin 2k18

Illyrian_King
02-01-2019, 03:29 PM
I like the idea too, but some of the dialogue was really weird.

"wHAt A pREtTy BlADe" -Shaolin 2k18

Hahaha ^^
YoU FIgHt LikE a DRuNken DOGG

rottmeister
02-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Hahaha ^^
YoU FIgHt LikE a DRuNken DOGG

What?

Was that an actual voiceline? 😂

Feedmeyourcows2
02-01-2019, 08:41 PM
I would prefer not to listen to a 14 year old every time I play or play against warden, thanks

MEESAROOM

chukblok
02-01-2019, 11:20 PM
Im with tje OP. i too was looking forward to it. update would be great

Jazz117Volkov
02-02-2019, 04:34 AM
I just remember my Warden telling a Berserker to prepare for Valhalla. It was pretty cool. And there was a lot more going on with the feats. I recall my Warden had some Latin phrase she said when using Morale Booster.

Anyone from the community team want to chime in? plz?

Elhantas
02-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Hopefully scraped and forgotten as a bad dream.

That is if they get back the original voice actors back, and have taunts smarter than a six year olds bark. Then yes, i'd be willing to give it a try.

But the way they showed it, well, good riddance. Too bad the end game cutscenes were lost, and instead they kept the cringy character end game mucking about...

Illyrian_King
02-23-2019, 12:21 AM
What?

Was that an actual voiceline? 😂

Even one of those that popps up 70% of all times ;)

rottmeister
02-23-2019, 11:14 AM
Even one of those that popps up 70% of all times ;)

I didn't know that, lol. I had a lot of audio issues with the game on my laptop. For some reason my laptop thought my ps4 controller was a speaker so I played with no sound for an entire day until I tried another controller. After "fixing" the audio I still had issues: for some reason only the non dlc characters talked. All 6 dlc heroes + the Wu Lin appeared to be completely silent for me. Litlle did I know I would have preferred fem Tiandi to remain silent.

I watched Youtube videos to find out how they sounded.

Also have you noticed how Nuxia has 2 different names?
In the E3 article she's called Kaili yet on the official Ubi website she's called Lin Yao. (Evil twin confirmed? :p )
I found out after linking the E3 article and the character guide (from Ubi) in someone's thread about whether our heroes had names or not.

Illyrian_King
02-24-2019, 04:29 PM
I didn't know that, lol. I had a lot of audio issues with the game on my laptop. For some reason my laptop thought my ps4 controller was a speaker so I played with no sound for an entire day until I tried another controller. After "fixing" the audio I still had issues: for some reason only the non dlc characters talked. All 6 dlc heroes + the Wu Lin appeared to be completely silent for me. Litlle did I know I would have preferred fem Tiandi to remain silent.

I watched Youtube videos to find out how they sounded.

Also have you noticed how Nuxia has 2 different names?
In the E3 article she's called Kaili yet on the official Ubi website she's called Lin Yao. (Evil twin confirmed? :p )
I found out after linking the E3 article and the character guide (from Ubi) in someone's thread about whether our heroes had names or not.

Yep fem Tiandi is an abomination that better remains silent ;b
AU PUEEE PUEEE JEEEEMMMMM JEEEEE

The "drunken dog" line is from Jiang Jun in Duells. In the RDS every hero has a few lines before the Duell starts ... this one almost became a meme ^^

There are still youtube videos ...