PDA

View Full Version : "objects viewer" will it be never updated again?

Trotzky
05-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Having played Il-2 now since the very beginning in 2001, I-m really happy with the level we've reached with the Pe-2 4.05m.
But: with the whole lot of new objects we've got, we are still missing a description of these in the objects viewer. Last time somebody cared about was in PF I presume.
I would consider it an improvement, specially while working with the mission builder, to have some background information at hand - instead of spending hours and hours googeling for facts.

Greetings, Trotzky

Es ist eigentlich Wurscht, aus welchem Material das Flugzeug gefertigt ist, Hauptsache die Nerven sind aus Eisen!

Trotzky
05-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Having played Il-2 now since the very beginning in 2001, I-m really happy with the level we've reached with the Pe-2 4.05m.
But: with the whole lot of new objects we've got, we are still missing a description of these in the objects viewer. Last time somebody cared about was in PF I presume.
I would consider it an improvement, specially while working with the mission builder, to have some background information at hand - instead of spending hours and hours googeling for facts.

Greetings, Trotzky

Es ist eigentlich Wurscht, aus welchem Material das Flugzeug gefertigt ist, Hauptsache die Nerven sind aus Eisen!

Monson74
05-04-2006, 05:17 AM
I think the short answer is "no" because there isn't time/money to do it - every description must be translated into several languages & if we are to chose between more flyables & descriptions of what we've got my guess is that most people would prefer more goodies. A solution might be that we - the commnunity - made some by ourselves but I fear this could turn into WWIII. Anyone studying the performance of WWII aircraft know how difficult & full of contradictions this subject is.

DuxCorvan
05-05-2006, 01:04 PM
I remember also some development team member -maybe Oleg himself- commenting that it's left this way because it's a very complex and code-tangling risky task to have it updated.