PDA

View Full Version : bf 109

denbf109
06-17-2007, 04:01 PM
i can't believe how much more sensative the rudder is in il2 1946. it's got 30% too much waggle. also, the sound of the 109 ain't even close(i know you've all heard that). one more thing; the gunners all get 100% hits on attacking fighters inside 500m. what's up with that? does it sound like i'm crying?(i'm not) i love all three games.

denbf109
06-17-2007, 04:01 PM
i can't believe how much more sensative the rudder is in il2 1946. it's got 30% too much waggle. also, the sound of the 109 ain't even close(i know you've all heard that). one more thing; the gunners all get 100% hits on attacking fighters inside 500m. what's up with that? does it sound like i'm crying?(i'm not) i love all three games.

MEGILE
06-17-2007, 04:14 PM
HOLY crahp 30%!!!!!111111111

Bug report to Oleg now!!!

Tagart can even make a chart!

Brain32
06-17-2007, 04:17 PM
OK guys let's try NOT to make this guy running away screaming after less than 2 posts at ubi http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

DKoor
06-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Yeah... zoo can be merciless.

IL-2 46 is a song compared to the PF V4.02/03, stability wise.

Also 46 has beta BoB: SoW FMs so let us not forget that too..... it may not be perfect but Oleg says it's closer to reality than before...... so. We must kinda suck that up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

On the bright side, once you get used to it, it's actually enjoyable.

Also...... all gunners are deadly, just those on higher levels will pwn you from greater range (more than 500m) and they are furious (shooting a l0t) while n00bie will also get you but doesn't really shoots nice from range.

Snipers FTW anyway.

One of the rare stuff in this sim that has been here from day one.
Nothing could affect those feckers, nor bad patch files, nor wobble, nor boonty, nor concrete LaGG DM, nor porked MG151s, nor porked/desynced/overspread .50s, sometimes not even Mk108 in the middle of the head.... they were always alienish!

So again.... snipers FTW! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2007, 05:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by denbf109:
i can't believe how much more sensative the rudder is in il2 1946. it's got 30% too much waggle.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Waggle is such an elegant term...but seriously, where do you come up with this "30% incorrect" number? Compared to...what? The real thing? the last patch? What you guess the rudder should be like?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by denbf109:
also, the sound of the 109 ain't even close(i know you've all heard that). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not?!?!?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

one more thing; the gunners all get 100% hits on attacking fighters inside 500m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Demonstrably not so

what's up with that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your tactics

does it sound like i'm crying?(i'm not) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bit

i love all three games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me too

Brain32
06-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Well here it goes from me, don't complain about rudder effectiveness because that's the last control surface we are allowed to have at speeds higher than in a popular racing movie "Driving Miss Daisy".
Gunners are mad, I would generally recommend avoiding attacks on bombers with the 109's due to rice paper soaked in petrol DM, and AI gunners that shoot better than Rambo on his first tour in Vietnam. If you really have to, use insane deflection shots or go head-on only.

The sound of the 109 is not much I know, but the sound as everything else will dramatically improve if you apply a following trick, press CTRL+E, then "ESC", then enter menu and pick any plane that starts with "FW190x-x".
Hope it helps.

-HH-Quazi
06-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Yea, in game sounds has always been a weak point from the get go.

As far as the rudder "waggle" goes? You can edit its responsiveness in the conf file, or use a user made program like IL-2 Sticks to edit the curve to make the rudder input a bit less responsive for very small movements. That is what I do and it works very well.

LStarosta
06-17-2007, 09:24 PM
i can't believe how much more sensative the rudder is in il2 1946. it's got 30% too much waggle. also, the sound of the 109 ain't even close(i know you've all heard that). one more thing; the gunners all get 100% hits on attacking fighters inside 500m. what's up with that? does it sound like i'm crying?(i'm not) i love all three games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again!

WTE_Galway
06-18-2007, 12:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
Yea, in game sounds has always been a weak point from the get go.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually the 109 in the original pre-FB wasnt too bad from what I recall but sux ever since.

As far as the OP goes ... Two solutions to the gunner issue .. fast flybys from head on, directly above directly below, side on .. anywhere but straight six will help a little. Failing that trade in the 109 for a more bullet proof fw190A8 with those nasty mk108 wing cannon.