PDA

View Full Version : Screw matchmaking penalties

retrobacon74
01-30-2019, 11:37 PM
Matchmaking penalties were made to punish people who left games and forced teams to fight alone. I was just removed from a match because i was inactive. I was away from my computer for less than a minute, and i come back to find that i was forced to leave the match. Now this already annoying, because it is an absolutely ludicrous amount of time, when i had been queuing for 2 minutes. But to add insult to injury, I was given a 15 minute matchmaking banned, for leaving a game i didn't choose to leave, because i was gone for a minuscule amount of time. and this was when i was playing dominion against bots. (i was trying to improve my mouse and keyboard skills because my controller broke) It is absolutly disgusting that i was banned for this amount of time. now the people i was queued with are down a teammate, and propably won't get another one because of how few people queue for bots. FIX YOUR F*CKING GAME UBISOFT!!! we get that you are trying and godbless you for doing that, BUT PLEASE, FFS JUST REMOVE THEW MATCHMAKING BAN! IF NOT ENTIRELY THEN JUST FOR BEING REMOVED FROM THE MATCH

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 03:10 PM
To be fair, I think they should increase the ban time to 30 mins or an hour.

You leaving your character inactive, going against bots or not, was something you did, fully aware that there is an inactivity timer that will remove you from the game.

When you queue up and you start a match, you're supposed to be ready, failure to be ready or willfully going inactive to do something else in the middle of a match, is you. No one else.

Wait your 15 minutes, learn your lesson and queue up again.

atac56
01-31-2019, 03:41 PM
To be fair, I think they should increase the ban time to 30 mins or an hour.

You leaving your character inactive, going against bots or not, was something you did, fully aware that there is an inactivity timer that will remove you from the game.

When you queue up and you start a match, you're supposed to be ready, failure to be ready or willfully going inactive to do something else in the middle of a match, is you. No one else.

Wait your 15 minutes, learn your lesson and queue up again.

its just a game. things happen in real life that take priority over a video game. matchmaking penalties shouldn't be a thing. life happens

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 03:47 PM
its just a game. things happen in real life that take priority over a video game. matchmaking penalties shouldn't be a thing. life happens

Don't queue up if you're not ready. If you leave a game inactive because of XYZ reasons and you get kicked for it, thats what happens, deal with it and move on it's a 15 minute ban. Also, what is the problem? If you don't leave you don't get kicked off with a temporary ban do you? How often do you leave your computer in the middle of a match for long enough for this to be a genuine problem?

If you frequently afk, get kicked out and get a penalty I don't want you in my matches, stay away and keep your 15 minutes, which I really hope would increase to 30 minutes at some point.

atac56
01-31-2019, 04:32 PM
Don't queue up if you're not ready. If you leave a game inactive because of XYZ reasons and you get kicked for it, thats what happens, deal with it and move on it's a 15 minute ban. Also, what is the problem? If you don't leave you don't get kicked off with a temporary ban do you? How often do you leave your computer in the middle of a match for long enough for this to be a genuine problem?

If you frequently afk, get kicked out and get a penalty I don't want you in my matches, stay away and keep your 15 minutes, which I really hope would increase to 30 minutes at some point.

thats some hardcore logic. if you're playing For Honor and you're smoke detector goes off you best ignore it and finish your game. A cloud of smoke seeping into your room? Dang gotta finish this game first

Roseguard_Cpt
01-31-2019, 04:37 PM
@atac56
What I think Tofu is trying to say is that yes, life comes first, but make sure you have things that need to be taken care of done, so you don't have to bail mid-match. To use your own smoke example, yes, leave and go deal with it, it will probably take more than fifteen minutes to resolve.

rottmeister
01-31-2019, 04:40 PM
thats some hardcore logic. if you're playing For Honor and you're smoke detector goes off you best ignore it and finish your game. A cloud of smoke seeping into your room? Dang gotta finish this game first

How often does that happen though? People are acting like their house catches on fire every 2 matches. It's just a 15 minute penalty once every blue moon or so if you only leave because of emergencies/personal issues. Just deal with irl stuff, a game shouldn't interfere with your life.

Sara-la-Kali
01-31-2019, 04:40 PM
I think the issue is that the inactivity timer is far too short. I've seen it kick in less than 20 seconds into a match. I've JOINED a match in progress and been kicked for inactivity in the time it took to load into the match..

SendRickPics
01-31-2019, 04:41 PM
@atac56
What I think Tofu is trying to say is that yes, life comes first, but make sure you have things that need to be taken care of done, so you don't have to bail mid-match. To use your own smoke example, yes, leave and go deal with it, it will probably take more than fifteen minutes to resolve.

Tofu is enraged by not being able to figuratively hold a gun to people's head and force them to play a game. Their impotent outrage is laughable. People should not be forced to participate in a bad match. In a world where the matchmaking system is absolute trash, the only power the individual has is to deny themselves as being a punching bag by quitting and finding a better match.

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 04:44 PM

Leave the game, take your 15 minutes. The smoke detector is more important than your game. If you don't frequently leave your games there isn't a problem, is there? Also, if your house is on fire, you have more important things to worry about than your 15 minute penalty

Hardcore logic indeed.

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 04:45 PM
Tofu is enraged by not being able to figuratively hold a gun to people's head and force them to play a game. Their impotent outrage is laughable. People should not be forced to participate in a bad match. In a world where the matchmaking system is absolute trash, the only power the individual has is to deny themselves as being a punching bag by quitting and finding a better match.

People should absolutely be forced to participate in a bad match that they queued up for. ​It's called losing. It happens. If you can't handle it and you quit. Take the penalty too. You know it's there. It's not magic.

SendRickPics
01-31-2019, 04:50 PM
People should absolutely forced to participate in a bad match. ​It's called losing. It happens. If you can't handle it and you quit. Take the penalty too. You know it's there. It's not magic.

No one with any brains will "Take the penalty" making it pointless. Nobody should be forced to do anything. That's something you fascist authoritarians don't seem to understand.

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 04:53 PM
No one with any brains will "Take the penalty" making it pointless. Nobody should be forced to do anything. That's something you fascist authoritarians don't seem to understand.

The penalty for leaving a match in progress was made to prevent or discourage people from leaving mid match. You know the penalty is there. You decide to leave anyway, but in your case, you disconnect yourself from the internet to not get punished by it.

it was made to stop people like you.

No one is forcing you to play for honor. You can quit whenever you like, you can leave the game whenever you like, but if you do, you should absolutely get punished for it. Hence, you should be forced, to play the game you queued up for, regardless if you're losing or not.

SendRickPics
01-31-2019, 04:55 PM
The penalty for leaving a match in progress was made to prevent or discourage people from leaving mid match. You know the penalty is there. You decide to leave anyway, but in your case, you disconnect yourself from the internet to not get punished by it.

it was made to stop people like you.

No one is forcing you to play for honor. You can quit whenever you like, you can leave the game whenever you like, but if you do, you should absolutely get punished for it. Hence, you should be forced, to play the game you queued up for, regardless if you're losing or not.

Like I said, fascists like you just don't understand and never will. It's a disease in your brain that keeps you from seeing the truth of things.

I also posited that you probably think it's appropriate to lock people in cages or kill them over a plant, right? Go ahead, expose yourself for what you are, Fascist.

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 04:57 PM
Like I said, fascists like you just don't understand and never will. It's a disease in your brain that keeps you from seeing the truth of things.

I also posited that you probably think it's appropriate to lock people in cages or kill them over a plant, right? Go ahead, expose yourself for what you are, Fascist.

I think whatever problems you have extend far beyond the penalty system in a video game. I don't agree with you. I am in favor of punishing you for leaving mid-game. What a horrible person I am. Please..

rottmeister
01-31-2019, 05:04 PM
This is too funny.

You ragequit because you're getting ganked, ledged or face a Wu Lin hero, then proceed to call the quit penalty stupid and now you proceed to yell "fascists" at everyone who disagrees LOL.

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 05:06 PM
This is too funny.

You ragequit because you're getting ganked, ledged or face a Wu Lin hero, then proceed to call the quit penalty stupid and now you proceed to yell "fascists" at everyone who disagrees LOL.

It's pretty funny. lol

atac56
01-31-2019, 05:45 PM
How often does that happen though? People are acting like their house catches on fire every 2 matches. It's just a 15 minute penalty once every blue moon or so if you only leave because of emergencies/personal issues. Just deal with irl stuff, a game shouldn't interfere with your life.

come on i didnt mean that literally. the point was people go inactive for life reasons and shouldnt be penalized for it. booted? ok but not a penalty. and the quit penalty kicks in literally every instance i may go inactive or get booted from the game. the worst time was when i got kicked during the win pose screen and got a penalty. in another instance i accepted a game invite during the waiting lobby between matches and got a penalty, makes absolutely no sense

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 05:59 PM
come on i didnt mean that literally. the point was people go inactive for life reasons and shouldnt be penalized for it. booted? ok but not a penalty. and the quit penalty kicks in literally every instance i may go inactive or get booted from the game. the worst time was when i got kicked during the win pose screen and got a penalty. in another instance i accepted a game invite during the waiting lobby between matches and got a penalty, makes absolutely no sense

See, that's where you're wrong.

If you go afk at the start of, in the middle of or at the end of a match and the inactivity timer says "hey, time to kick you out for inactivity" you are being booted, for inactivity and you will get the penalty.

Life is more important than any game would ever be. But the penalty should also be yours for going inactive. You know it exists, you know why it exists and if you really had to do something really important, then waiting the 15 minutes (whenever it happens) should be more than fine. If you frequently go afk, leave the game etc.. then the penalty is justice served.

You can disagree with it but alas, it exists for a reason.

SendRickPics
01-31-2019, 06:05 PM
You can disagree with it but alas, it exists for a reason.

It exists because Ubisoft wanted to pass the buck of their shoddy P2P matchmaking system onto the players rather than accept blame for their poor networking and coding. That's literally the only reason it exists. Not to satisfy your sense of "justice" because someone quit while you and your buddy were ********** memeing on an objective while the other two sods were getting ganked mercilessly.

Liduras
01-31-2019, 06:08 PM
ctrl+alt+delete -> open task manager -> choose ''For Honor'' -> click ''end task'' -> open the game -> queue for another match without a penalty

SilkyTofu
01-31-2019, 06:09 PM
It exists because Ubisoft wanted to pass the buck of their shoddy P2P matchmaking system onto the players rather than accept blame for their poor networking and coding. That's literally the only reason it exists. Not to satisfy your sense of "justice" because someone quit while you and your buddy were ********** memeing on an objective while the other two sods were getting ganked mercilessly.

You have to stop.. at some point, there has to be a line where you go "I am just wrong, it's time to stop". Please. For your own sake.

SendRickPics
01-31-2019, 06:18 PM
You have to stop.. at some point, there has to be a line where you go "I am just wrong, it's time to stop". Please. For your own sake.

You should really take your own advice.

Prior_Heahmund
01-31-2019, 07:46 PM
I agree. The in activity time seems short. I got booted once for holding a point and not running around like an idiot when I was there.

Ubiflowessence
01-31-2019, 08:24 PM
According to the devs, the matchmaking penalty was done to "further discourage players from abandoning matches and fight to the end!"

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-341101-16/patch-v2023

What do you guys think would be an appropriate inactivity time limit before a player receives the penalty?

atac56
01-31-2019, 09:55 PM
I agree. The in activity time seems short. I got booted once for holding a point and not running around like an idiot when I was there.

as Silky would say "that's justice served"

RealJayDee1984
01-31-2019, 10:07 PM
I still feel that as long as you are playing Dominion and holding a zone, generating points for your team, there should simply be no inactivity timer. But maybe that's too difficult to do?

Ubi-Jimothy
02-01-2019, 09:41 AM
Closing this thread now, it's gone off the rails. If someone doesn't agree with you, don't insult them.