PDA

View Full Version : gaurdbreak

masen9999
01-30-2019, 09:16 AM
the fact that im getting gaurdbroken out of my lights and mid way through my heavy is ****ing stupid does this happen to other people too?

Solowing_96
01-30-2019, 09:19 AM
for some attacks, light and heavies, are have small ms time vurnerable to guardbreaks.

Klingentaenz3r
01-30-2019, 12:57 PM
GB is a 400 ms move. Means from start until it connects it's 400ms. Here is a list from reddit to show you why some moves are easily guardbroken and others are not:

Attack
0-700ms -> 0-100ms Guard Break vulnerability window
800-1000ms -> 0-400ms Guard Break vulnerability window
1100-1300ms -> 0-600ms Guard Break vulnerability window
1400-…ms -> 0-800ms Guard Break vulnerability window

Light attacks usually beat GB. You can almost react to attempts with them. There is a 100 ms vulnerability on startup but it is really very very slim. So basically if you get caught with a gb when you wanted to throw a light you probably were just a notch too late and/or the opponent anticipated when you were about to throw sth and was 300 ms quicker than you. Bashes of course also beat GB attempts but GB can beat those if initiated early enough when they are about to dodge to activate the bash. Works well on warden for example. Conq's activates too fast.

Heavies are very vulnerable on startup to guardbreaks in most cases (most are 800 ms or higher). That is why heavy feints into gb are very effective when the opponent tends to parry your attacks. The only exceptions are those which have a very very small vulnerability frame on heavy startup are Centurion, Gladiator and Aramusha (700 ms heavies with just 100 ms vulnerability frames). So you basically should not try the feint into GB on those as they punish you with a heavy to your face.

In this following google doc you can find all the timings and damage values you need to check out who has what values. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

btw with a bit of google search you would have found this kind of stuff quite easily yourself.

masen9999
01-31-2019, 08:30 AM
Thank you for the info also why use Google I prefer to here players opinions and such