PDA

View Full Version : Thick Blood??

pure_energist
01-29-2019, 06:35 PM
This feat has been a long time frustration for anyone with bleed attacks. That this feat completely negates those attacks is not only unbalanced but improperly named. If I saw blood being described as being thick I would think slow oozing. To make this feat more fair and still usable simply do what it describes. Instead of negating bleed damagw have the bleed out rate slowed by 2x. This way the damage is still effective but the person with the feat has more time to try and end the fight before they die or retreat to a healing zone. If it is too much trouble to change how it works the. At least consider making it an activated feat with a medium recharge rate.

BlowHard74728
01-29-2019, 06:51 PM
While I'm all for this feat to being looked at, your suggestion gives too big of an advantage to shaman. By the bleed taking more time to leave it is giving shaman that much more time to use her predators mercy.

pure_energist
01-29-2019, 07:00 PM
While I'm all for this feat to being looked at, your suggestion gives too big of an advantage to shaman. By the bleed taking more time to leave it is giving shaman that much more time to use her predators mercy.

Slowly bleeding out may leave you open to this longer but most experienced players are looking for the pounce and dodge it. But since its a passive feat that is very strong Id like a compromise. If it stays passive make it slow bleed out with the vulnerabilities you mentioned or make it an activated feat that still negates damage. This way it becomes more balanced and isnt a constant nerf to any bleed attacks. When I play PK I like to think Im tickling wardens( tickle, tickle, tickle) with my trible stab. At 6 damage thats all Im doing

Szalej.
01-29-2019, 07:23 PM
This feat give so much advantage over heroe's based on bleeding the fight is already half lost for them.

BlowHard74728
01-29-2019, 07:30 PM
I know, I hate facing warden and tiandi due to this feat, but I feel like theres some other option other than having bleed tick slower.

Maybe bleed damage does 50% or 25% percent less damge when the feat is active.

That way it doesnt completely shut down heroes that rely so heavily on bleed, and so that it isn't such a huge advantage to shaman players.

pure_energist
01-29-2019, 07:58 PM
Its the only passive feat that completly nerfs other heroes damage. The closest to it is Shugoki not getting unbalanced. Then there is the ACTIVATED feats that make you invulnerable to GB. So why this feat hasnt been addressed is a large oversight. Especially now that we can see the vs teams hero picks.

UbiInsulin
01-29-2019, 08:36 PM
This feat has been a long time frustration for anyone with bleed attacks. That this feat completely negates those attacks is not only unbalanced but improperly named. If I saw blood being described as being thick I would think slow oozing. To make this feat more fair and still usable simply do what it describes. Instead of negating bleed damagw have the bleed out rate slowed by 2x. This way the damage is still effective but the person with the feat has more time to try and end the fight before they die or retreat to a healing zone. If it is too much trouble to change how it works the. At least consider making it an activated feat with a medium recharge rate.

We've mentioned the Thick Blood feat as a frustration for certain heroes in the past. I can let the team know that some players definitely still see issues with it.

pure_energist
01-29-2019, 09:38 PM
We've mentioned the Thick Blood feat as a frustration for certain heroes in the past. I can let the team know that some players definitely still see issues with it.

I would think ALL players to that enjoy playing heroes that have bleed attacks have issues with it and so this shouldnt be a revalation This feat is out of place, if it isnt then why are there no passive feats that are immune to unblockable or hyper armor attacks? I would love to hear the argument for keeping it the way it is and how having a second tier (quickly assessable) feat that nullifies the damage output of heroes like PK that the delopers created and even reworked to rely on bleed as their main source of damage is justified. There are many ways to tweak it. For instance my PK had a feat that has moderate damage reduction BUT only for one hit then it has to recharge. They could Do the same for this. Allow them to get one hit that nullifies the bleed but leave him open for follow up attempts. There are plenty of nerf options that would put it in the same level as other level 2 feats for heroes and ignoring it is basically ignoring heroes like PK that they just spent time buffing hoping to improve her performance.

OhHowSheGoingEh
01-29-2019, 10:39 PM
How about they nerf rock steady before they do anything to thick blood? Thick blood only affects heros with bleed attack while rock steady makes you immune to wallsplats, centurions cutscene and OOS punishes. Rock steady is waaaaay better then thick blood and it's also a level 2 feat.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-29-2019, 11:14 PM
How about they nerf rock steady before they do anything to thick blood? Thick blood only affects heros with bleed attack while rock steady makes you immune to wallsplats, centurions cutscene and OOS punishes. Rock steady is waaaaay better then thick blood and it's also a level 2 feat.

Rock steady has already been Nerfed. It use to ignore all sweeps. I don't remember if it use to ignore stampede or not.

pure_energist
01-29-2019, 11:21 PM

Wall splats and oos punishes are good sources of damage but hardly primary sources.

OhHowSheGoingEh
01-30-2019, 12:27 AM
Wall splats and oos punishes are good sources of damage but hardly primary sources.

Correct they arent your primary source of damge they are punished. Why are two character allowed to be completely immune to their own screw ups?
Thick blood is only good against 3 heros and that's not allowed?

pure_energist
01-30-2019, 01:44 AM
Correct they arent your primary source of damge they are punished. Why are two character allowed to be completely immune to their own screw ups?
You argue a feat that allows a hero to be safe from punishes that are only good for some extra damage should take priority over a feat that nullifies the majority of damage dealing attacks of the PK. If the only source of decent damage you had as a hero was only available with wall splats or catching a hero oos then I would side with you on this.

Szalej.
01-30-2019, 05:58 AM

Thick Blood touch my main, his main too, yours not so its absolutely fair. Rock Steady affect everyone including yours so its unfair at all right?

OhHowSheGoingEh
01-30-2019, 07:09 AM
Thick blood doesnt make you completely immune to bleed though, and is a useless pick if no has a bleed hero picked.yes they could make the window in which you can get bled a bit bigger.

bannex19
01-30-2019, 07:23 AM
Not every hero can be great at everything.

... besides the wulin and the shaman.

Szalej.
01-30-2019, 12:55 PM
Thick blood doesnt make you completely immune to bleed though, and is a useless pick if no has a bleed hero picked.yes they could make the window in which you can get bled a bit bigger.

Its not, it gives immunity to all fire / bleed feats, as i remember even catapult

Goat_of_Vermund
01-30-2019, 02:31 PM
It should be completely removed, the heroes who have it should get something else, like thick skin. I don't remember any feats that gives immunity against bashes, neither should this exist.

ThisHermitGuy
01-30-2019, 02:38 PM
OH...why not remove the thick blooded and bleeding attacks(rework the characters that do the bleeding)?

Goat_of_Vermund
01-30-2019, 03:28 PM
Well, if my pk could get the same amount of direct damage instead of bleed, I wouldn't complain.