PDA

View Full Version : Actual Conversation Between 2 Ubisoft Employees

AuroraSecunda
01-29-2019, 06:07 PM
Employee 1: Ok we need a new hero for the Wu Lin race and it has to be a heavy because we've never released a heavy character in DLC.

Employee 2: Fair enough. What were you thinking?

Employee 1: Well I just googled "Chinese Medieval weapons" and there's a pretty sick polearm looking thing that looks sweet as. Lets start with that.

Employee 2: Sounds good. What abilities will he have?

Employee 1: Well i've been thinking about the Nobushi hidden stance and I feel like we could switch it up a bit.

Employee 2: Ok. How much stam would it drain?

Employee 1: Drain? The stance would regenerate stam at no cost. He also needs an unblockeable heavy finisher with hyperarmor, a top heavy feint kick thingy that is a guranteed heavy if the opponent is kicked into a wall and a heavy dodge attack that can be soft feinted into a light that has ridiculous tracking. Also, get the new guy Dave working on all his animations.

Employee 2: Ok? But maybe we should focus on bringing some of the older characters up to scratch? Like the Peacekeeper?

Employee 1: The what?

Employee 2: And what about the Shugoki?

Employee 1: Look mate, those are some of the original heros. If people think the DLC heros are better, our precious customers would be more inclined to spend more money on purchasing them.

Employee 2: Isn't that dangerously close to pay-to-win?

Employee 1: Do not insult me by claiming that one hero is better then another! Player skill is the only thing that matters!

Employee 2: Ah very true.

Employee 1: Ive also had another idea about a Wu Lin character that does the very thing we love about For Honor, fast light attacks that can be chained, and whose moveset will basically **** over everything we've taught our loyal player base over the past 2 years.....

I cant make this up

atac56
01-29-2019, 06:16 PM
the Wu Lin arent THAT much better. Only the JJ is a problem but so is the Kensei and i dont see any threads calling for a fix on him.

Rhyza.
01-29-2019, 08:17 PM
the Wu Lin arent THAT much better. Only the JJ is a problem but so is the Kensei and i dont see any threads calling for a fix on him.

'...aren't THAT much better,' still makes them better. They can do just about everything the old heroes can, but better!

Look, OP, there are a hundred thousand threads about this. We just have to accept that the devs thought of a way to milk the cow more, and the rest of us have to deal with it.

KotoKuraken
01-30-2019, 06:01 AM
"Yea sure, we'll give PK like 2 damage and call it a day. It'll be cool"

bannex19
01-30-2019, 07:02 AM
The hidden stance thing is ridiculous. There is literally no upside to the nobushi compared to JJ. It almost feels like the JJ was supposed to be a nobushi rework that turned into another character for money.

The chinese faction feels like it was made by a completely different team in an effort to better market the game to the chinese.

The only hero imo that feels as cliche and uninspired as the wulin characters is the highlander.

I have been beat to death by the romance of the three kingdoms and tbh I thought if any team would be able to convey a more brutal and interesting version of ancient chinese warriors it would've been this one. Guess I was wrong.

We got Wukong, guan yu, a chinese figure skater and whatever nuxia is. To top it all off the new hero is going to be a crouching tiger hidden dragon floaty dancy hero that's going to use another form of non combat based martial arts.

The wulin feel like somebody put fortnite characters into battlefield 4 and gave them all rocket launchers and the ability to fly.

Lord_Cherubi
01-30-2019, 09:27 AM
Im not gonna touch the "OMG WU-LIN SO OP PLZ NERF!" But this was a fun read, good job!

Inzzane_79
01-30-2019, 11:58 AM
Great read! Made my day

MrB3NX
01-30-2019, 12:00 PM
pay to win ?

if you do your daily orders you can easily collect 15k in one week

and they announce waaay in advance meaning you can prepare for it .

C4rmine52
01-30-2019, 02:43 PM
If you think this game is P2W youíre just an idiot bro. I donít think you actually understand what the term P2W even means so you should prob stop using it. JJ is broken tho no doubt he needs nerfs

Siegfried-Z
01-30-2019, 03:38 PM

JJ is a far better than Kensei in 4v4. You can't even compare their efficiency.

I didn't even remember the last time i've got salty after a loss against a Kensei.. but agaisnt JJ ? Hum i gess this is every single time i play.

MrB3NX
01-30-2019, 05:04 PM
JJ is balanced in my opinion

he is the most aggressive heavy no doubt about it

but whenever i imagine him getting nerfed i got the feeling he will be unplayable .

C4rmine52
01-30-2019, 05:06 PM
His damage is a joke. And so is the speed of his lights when heís supposed to be a slow hero.

AuroraSecunda
01-30-2019, 05:08 PM
Just a bit of a laugh lads. I dont actually believe the game is P2W and the Wu Lin characters aren't that bad. Writing this was the only way I could sleep last night and Im glad some enjoyed it

Siegfried-Z
01-30-2019, 05:30 PM
JJ is balanced in my opinion

he is the most aggressive heavy no doubt about it

but whenever i imagine him getting nerfed i got the feeling he will be unplayable .

As only his dmg and not his kit would be nerf if the team listen to the entire Community, JJ would remain as playable as he is now. He would just have dmg a bit lower which is the minimum in a "balanced" game.

MrB3NX
01-30-2019, 06:34 PM
Shaman deals more damage than JJ

Shaman is much faster and quicker than JJ

Shaman's feints are more deadly than JJ's

Shaman got more unblockables in her kit than JJ's

Shaman doesn't need waiting for feats to heal herself like JJ

Shaman is broken and disgustingly powerful

the only way JJ is better than Shaman is that he doesn't mind getting ganked

and most importantly JJ is actually amusing to play and not made only to win like Shaman

Shaman needs to be nerfed and a lot of people agrees .

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-31-2019, 12:13 AM
Shamon has a reflex guard. JJ could stand a light Nerf on damage and possibly speed...either or not both.

The_Sun_Danc3
02-03-2019, 12:15 AM
"Yea sure, we'll give PK like 2 damage and call it a day. It'll be cool"

This

The_Sun_Danc3
02-03-2019, 12:44 AM
Shaman deals more damage than JJ

Shaman is much faster and quicker than JJ

Shaman's feints are more deadly than JJ's

Shaman got more unblockables in her kit than JJ's

Shaman doesn't need waiting for feats to heal herself like JJ

Shaman is broken and disgustingly powerful

the only way JJ is better than Shaman is that he doesn't mind getting ganked

and most importantly JJ is actually amusing to play and not made only to win like Shaman

Shaman needs to be nerfed and a lot of people agrees .

Honestly the funniest, most unresearched and just straight up talking out of their a** thing Iíve heard from a new found JJ main probably in my entire life.
I just love when the silver tier players come stomping on the forums.

Shaman has 1, count em ONE unblockable.
Itís a heavy finisher that comes from the left.

Jiang Jun has 4, COUNT EM [b]FOUR[\b] unblockables.
He has a heavy finisher that comes in 3 different directions and he also has his unblockable parry punish.

Shaman isnít faster than JJ, theyíre about the same speed, except JJís unblockables are faster than Shamanís.

Shamís feints arenít more deadly. She has basically a bleed and GB soft feint which donít get much play in high levels of play. JJ has a 50/50 that you cannot react to, you can only read, in his dodge HtoL feint. His bash guarantees damage EVERYTIME, which shamanís doesnít. AND
His zone to feint heavy to zone mixup while in revenge is possibley the most powerful anti-ganking tool in the entire game by a good margin.

As somebody with over 40 reps between both characters and both being in my top 3 most played heros, I can tell you without bias, how wrong you are.
Hate to say it, but you my friend need to GIT GUD.

Oh and btw, you got that last part backwards. I stopped maiming JJ because he wasnít amusing to play as. Shaman got a massive nerf after her release (Unlike JJ). Shaman wasnít made to win, sheís an assassin and has trouble fighting more than 2 people.

Jiang Jun on the other hand was literally made to be good at fighting multiple opponents at once. He is the anti-gank poster child.

So before you embarrass yourself next time and get angry because you ran into a better player who beat you, actually go look at the facts before yelling out fake ones on the internet because you got in your feels