PDA

View Full Version : Game mode incentives and why elimination is dead

SwellChemosabe
01-28-2019, 01:56 AM
I've said it before but I figure I'll bring it up one more time for good measure.

The rewards for different game modes is skewed. The reason we have dead playlists is because they don't give enough in return for the effort we put into them. Nobody wants to play tribute or death match modes because it's not worth their time.

Each time I see a new contract for death match games I hope to see something that really incentives people to play them. Not so much because that means it's a better reward or anything but because maybe itll mean that the activity might actually jump up past "low" for longer than a day and maybe I can even find a match in less than 12 minutes.

I just miss elimination. Yeah breach is good, Dominion is a classic, duels are great for that one on one, but elimination is my favorite and has been since day one. And it's a damn shame that I can't play it anymore because nobody else wants to.

Ubi, can we please get some kind of feedback? Why isn't anything being done to repopularize these forgotten modes? Why do we have to settle for what's beneficial instead of what's fun? Is this ever going to be addressed or am I going to continue hoping that one day I don't have to waste half an hour to find a single match of what I truly enjoy most out of For Honor?

Velentix
01-28-2019, 04:57 AM
Given that elimination has been dead since before tribute was released, I think I can say that ubi doesn't care about that game mode at all. A shame, but I dont see them doing anything about it.

Honey_Badgerik
01-28-2019, 07:01 PM
Something I think they can do is special rewards aside from steel and XP. I think it would be cool if challenges were introduced into modes for each season. As you reach a certain seasonal goal like revive X# teammates in Deathmatch, capture X# tributes, slay captains in breach, etc you earn special ornaments, masks, emotes, etc. This would encourage people to play or grind the less popular modes for exclusive rewards.

BananaGhost82
01-30-2019, 12:35 AM
Its pretty easy to fix honestly. Begin upping the rewards based on current population. The lower the higher the rewards. People will want to play the other modes if the rewards were higher and more people played them.

EvoX.
01-30-2019, 02:54 AM
Given that elimination has been dead since before tribute was released, I think I can say that ubi doesn't care about that game mode at all. A shame, but I dont see them doing anything about it.

Basically this. They'll most likely continue to pretend it doesn't exist for the rest of this game's support.

SwellChemosabe
01-30-2019, 03:19 PM
Well that's just ******** then. Why would they even develop those game modes if they're just going to abandon them? They either need to ramp up their contract/reward system to make all game modes equally rewarding or just remove everything that isn't breach and Dominion because it's pointless to have an option to play those modes if I have to wait 30 minutes just to find a match and then only receive a small fraction of my effort was worth.