PDA

View Full Version : Improve graphics???

SgtWolf1
01-02-2008, 11:16 PM
This may be a silly question, but where do you go to improve the graphic options other than for the board settings? Things like screen resolution, anti-aliasing options, etc. I've looked everywhere in the game and manual and can't find where do do this. I've turned everything up in the board setting options, but the pieces still have a jagged look to them.

Thanks!

SgtWolf1
01-02-2008, 11:16 PM
This may be a silly question, but where do you go to improve the graphic options other than for the board settings? Things like screen resolution, anti-aliasing options, etc. I've looked everywhere in the game and manual and can't find where do do this. I've turned everything up in the board setting options, but the pieces still have a jagged look to them.

Thanks!

CrUeL_KNIGHTS
01-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Yes, new graphic card, such as Nvidia GEforce 8800 ULTRA or GTX.

SgtWolf1
01-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Thanks, but my system can handle this game fine,

Intel 2.4 Quad Core
4gb Ram
Vista Ultimate
EVGA 8800GTS SSC video card with 640mb DDR3 memory

I also have a 22" widescreen LCD set at 1280x1024. Every other game I play looks amazing, but this game just seems to look like it was made 5 years or so ago and I can't find any options to change to make it look better.

chessumastahexa
01-03-2008, 05:43 AM
Hey sgtwolf1,

I know what you're talking about. It's not a problem with your computer. I have an ATI graphics card and I used the graphics driver software to boost the anti-aliasing options there. That improves the look of the chess pieces.

In CMX, the option to include anti-aliasing was in the game itself. In CMXI, the thing to do is to change anti-aliasing settings in the graphics card software itself.

I think there may be a way to change that in a .ini file, but the people who made the game seem to be against that method. If you root around in this forum, I think there's a thread called "Jaggies" which deals with that issue.

Take care,

Reuben

Pr0metheus 1962
01-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Sadly Ubisoft has a long history of releasing games with sub-standard in-game graphics options. I hope an official patch comes along that brings CM11 into the 21st century in terms of anti-aliasing and resolution options. Until then the only option is, as Chessumastahexa says, to mess around with settings and force anti-aliasing using your graphics driver software.

SgtWolf1
01-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Geez guys, that sux. How can you make a game in this day and age and not allow the end user to tweak the graphics http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

I've heard Fritz has good graphics. I like some of the features of Chessmaster, but if I can't stand to look at it, what's the point.

Hopefully the guys at the EB store will let me exchange.

Thanks for the help/advice.

Pr0metheus 1962
01-04-2008, 05:20 AM
Hang on - it's not like the graphics can't be fixed. Just tweak your graphics driver settings.

chessumastahexa
01-04-2008, 06:43 AM
Fritz's 3D interface is hideous. Its 2D interface is very functional and normal looking.

But its 3D models are absolutely horrific.

Stay away from Fritz if you're going to get it for improved graphics.

KHollister
01-04-2008, 07:16 AM
I was under the impression that most people bought Fritz for the engine and its analysis capabilities.

I've said before that I like Fritz's "The Turk" interface, but even so, it would be horrid to use for actual play -- I use it in conjunction with a 2D board to move with, so it's little more than eye candy...