PDA

View Full Version : Whatís up with For Honor? Is it worth playing?

mrmistark
01-22-2019, 09:45 AM
Whatís up everyone.

Itís been a long time. I stopped playing for quite some time, picked it up again some time earlier in 2018, and then got tired of it again after a while: mostly the saltiness, toxic players and lack of progression despite playing forever.

I always loved the game since beta, but the balancing and the issues I pointed out above kind of wore me out on it.

Since last year, I know they did gear changes and we got the new faction. How is the game now? How is this gear system and new favtion treating For Honor? Still balancing problems?

Is the game still worth playing?

Corentin10111
01-22-2019, 10:34 AM
"got tired of it again after a while: mostly the saltiness, toxic players and lack of progression despite playing forever" Man i feel you. I still play here and there but not like i used to before..

And the answer is clearly no, except if you want to play some PVE for fun. Because:
The toxic part of the community is still ruining some games (even in PvE).
The state of balance is still mediocre. The dev team make one or two changes every 6 months and it is often not for the best.
Some old characters have been forgotten, some new ones are ridiculously versatile and people abuse their mecanics.
There are still "broken" mechanics and moves and the devs don't give a **** about it.
The feeling of progression is null because the perk system is almost useless and not worth the grind.
Also the matchamaking is really bad.

One good thing is that there are new armors, weapons and outfits for every character, but still only 3 slots to use them so...

Like most of the player base, we left because the game was a nightmare, came back to take a look and ran away after seing it got worse..
Take a look a the forum and you will see the global situation.
For Honor is like the Mordor, it is a dead and dark land, where nothing grows anymore..
So if you want to keep your sanity, i would advice you to don't go back there.
But It's been nice to see you!

MrB3NX
01-22-2019, 11:34 AM
a lot changed in season 8

season 9 is coming this fab

if u'r wasting your time on other games then i advise you to come back .

Feedmeyourcows2
01-22-2019, 01:42 PM
There are two types of for honor players
1. The ones that have stopped playing because they are sick of it
2. The ones that still play despite being sick of it.

Nah, joking aside, it's quite fun but don't spend too much time playing it at once or you'll get salty.

Kargish1
01-22-2019, 03:20 PM
Do as the guy above me says.

For Honor is really enjoyable, but don't spend too much time on it at once, otherwise you will get take the fun for granted and focus on the toxic aspects. Just like every other game.

MrBeave
01-22-2019, 04:41 PM
It's a beautiful mess. Play 3 - 5 matches and then go do something more worth your time.

chukblok
01-22-2019, 09:14 PM
Love this game. still nothing else like it. and 2019 is looking to be good.

Kanagawa-oki
01-22-2019, 10:06 PM
If you like to be gang, please be welcome and bring your vaseline please!! :)

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-24-2019, 02:15 AM
I find the matchmaking/game works better during the daytime. At night there seems to be more try hards, streamers/high latency, groups, and saltmining.