PDA

View Full Version : Somebody else out there with a Logitech Wingman Force 3D pro want to enlighten me?

Tusseladden
01-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I just bought a Logitech Wingman Force 3D pro, mainly because it wasn't the most expensive stick and that I have had the Logitech Wingman freedom 2.4 before (which is basically the same, without FFB and cable). Now that I've installed it and tried it out, there seems to be something very wrong with it.

Firstly, when pushing the stick forwards, there's almost no FFB effects coming out of it. Say i fire my guns as I'm diving, then I can't feel the gun effect. Secondly, the stall effect seems to be the same no matter how hard the turn is, it will remain the same power. Also, the general amount of force seems lacking, but in the calibrationmenu there are a few FFB preset tests that run very well with a lot of force. Now is it IL-2 that has low force output settings? Or does the stick have trouble adjusting to the games FFB?

I should let you know that I'm not using the profiler, as I could just set up buttons etc ingame...

bad weather effects are also no more than a few thuds here and there with a pretty long space between them.

Basically, the tests in the calibration run fine (cept for that no FFB output when pushing the stick forwards), and in IL-2 it just seems like something is out of place... especially when it comes to amount of force..

Please help me if you know anything, and don't suggest new sticks, I just want to know if this one is working or not.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/strikestrike/Signature_1.jpg

Tusseladden
01-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I just bought a Logitech Wingman Force 3D pro, mainly because it wasn't the most expensive stick and that I have had the Logitech Wingman freedom 2.4 before (which is basically the same, without FFB and cable). Now that I've installed it and tried it out, there seems to be something very wrong with it.

Firstly, when pushing the stick forwards, there's almost no FFB effects coming out of it. Say i fire my guns as I'm diving, then I can't feel the gun effect. Secondly, the stall effect seems to be the same no matter how hard the turn is, it will remain the same power. Also, the general amount of force seems lacking, but in the calibrationmenu there are a few FFB preset tests that run very well with a lot of force. Now is it IL-2 that has low force output settings? Or does the stick have trouble adjusting to the games FFB?

I should let you know that I'm not using the profiler, as I could just set up buttons etc ingame...

bad weather effects are also no more than a few thuds here and there with a pretty long space between them.

Basically, the tests in the calibration run fine (cept for that no FFB output when pushing the stick forwards), and in IL-2 it just seems like something is out of place... especially when it comes to amount of force..

Please help me if you know anything, and don't suggest new sticks, I just want to know if this one is working or not.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

leitmotiv
01-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Go to Logitech website and download the "Logitech Clear Calibration Utility" and use it. Your stick should be in great shape after this. I used the Logitech Wingman Force 3D and it was a great stick which delivered good force feedback.

Tusseladden
01-11-2007, 06:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leitmotiv:
Go to Logitech website and download the "Logitech Clear Calibration Utility" and use it. Your stick should be in great shape after this. I used the Logitech Wingman Force 3D and it was a great stick which delivered good force feedback. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have you tried any other FFB sticks that you can compare it with?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

SeaFireLIV
01-11-2007, 07:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tusseladden:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I have a FF sidewinder (still good) and I get the exact same effect in bad weather. just a bump, bump, bump! Apart from cannons and guns and some tightening of the stick the FF in IL2 is rather dissappointing...

I know it`s IL2 because I run BOBwov too and the force feedback is WAY better. You feel the shake of the stick as the fuselage frame takes stress, the guns are synchronised perfectly and you get that stiffening stick effect when you dive that suddenly turns your stick into an unwavering object!

There might be a profiler that will fix this for your stick in IL2, but I lost my SW2 profiler. The custom profiler did at least reduce the `bump` of bad weather. Anyone know where I can redownload it.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/LIVeyes.jpg
"If it burns, it is confirmed."

Ivan Lukich Zvyagin

leitmotiv
01-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Whoops---missed the Pro. Yes the Wingman Force 3D Pro is a worthless force feedback stick, my apologies. Bought one a year ago, and used it only briefly, and went back to my Wingman Force 3D which delivered a good dollop of FF, and stuck with it until settling on the wonderful Microsoft SideWinder 2. Been through three Logitech FF sticks, and the Saitek evo (did not like). The effects of the Force 3D Pro are so weak you may as well be using a non-FF stick. It's great for competitive play but lousy for FF junkies.

Copperhead310th
01-11-2007, 08:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leitmotiv:
Whoops---missed the Pro. Yes the Wingman Force 3D Pro is a worthless force feedback stick, my apologies. Bought one a year ago, and used it only briefly, and went back to my Wingman Force 3D which delivered a good dollop of FF, and stuck with it until settling on the wonderful Microsoft SideWinder 2. Been through three Logitech FF sticks, and the Saitek evo (did not like). The effects of the Force 3D Pro are so weak you may as well be using a non-FF stick. It's great for competitive play but lousy for FF junkies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same stick i've been using for a long time now.
but they have a very short lifespan. i love the overall button layout. perfect. i'm using mine with the throttle from my x-45.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://home.cogeco.ca/~jkinley/ubisig.jpg
Former CO of 310thVFS, (Retired) now part time
190 jock & full time target drone for JG27
http://premium1.uploadit.org/bsamania//2006-02-23_012924_pilot11.gif Flying on line as JG27_Copperhead

|^^^^^^^^^^^^|
| JG27_Copperhead | '|""";.., ___.
|_..._...______===|= _|__|..., ] |
"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@
"Keep on Truck'n!"

Tusseladden
01-12-2007, 02:31 AM
The effects of the Force 3D Pro are so weak you may as well be using a non-FF stick. It's great for competitive play but lousy for FF junkies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest, I thought the Logitech Force 3D pro delivered quite a kick in the calibration tests, but the kick delivered ingame is just nowhere near<div class="ev_tpc_signature">