PDA

View Full Version : Why does Nuxia have nothing guaranted from deflect?

EyeIash
01-18-2019, 07:59 PM
Title

TicioQ
01-18-2019, 08:09 PM
Because deflect is a risky and difficult move, itís only fair that is not worth to do it.

Some players gave me a good advice in the past, just donít deflect.
I still trying but I know is a mistake ☹️

rottmeister
01-18-2019, 08:30 PM
Sadly it's intended because you can change the direction of her deflect. Still .. I've lost so many fights because either a bot or lucky player countered my deflect.

Knight_Raime
01-19-2019, 02:44 PM
Nuxia's deflect is guaranteed on high recovery attacks without switching direction. It's guaranteed on any heavy when switching the direction. the only time it's not guaranteed is vs light attacks.

rbtfortune
01-19-2019, 04:00 PM
The only problem I have with her deflect is the lack of damage. Risk versus reward so to speak.

Sneakly20
01-19-2019, 05:10 PM
The only problem I have with her deflect is the lack of damage. Risk versus reward so to speak.

Um you can correct me if Iím wrong but isnít her deflect one of the hardest hitting in the game?

EyeIash
01-19-2019, 06:07 PM
I don't care whether she has it guaranted in some cases, it should be guaranted every time she performs it. Therefore it's bs because sometimes you do it, get blocked and lose ****load of stamina.

+Nuxia is as a whole stupid hero, when zerker gets deflect on her while she's lightspaming she can chain another light into it to counter his gb from deflect, absolute bs

Velentix
01-19-2019, 06:22 PM
its so warlord doesn't feel too left out with his full block having the same problem.

Jazz117Volkov
01-19-2019, 09:15 PM
The Wu Lin are just trash in general. Bunch of lazy gimmicks with a sprinkling of bashes and light spam.

ArchDukeInstinct
01-19-2019, 09:45 PM
It's fine. It's the 2nd most damaging deflect in the game. The only deflect doing more damage is Orochi's heavy deflect, which is also not guaranteed.
Sure a player might be able to block it after a light if they get lucky but the chances are rather fleeting in my experience.

Siegfried-Z
01-19-2019, 11:38 PM

She has no lack of dmg at all on.her deflect . It does 40dmg which is above almost any others deflect dmg in the game.

It's fine. It's the 2nd most damaging deflect in the game. The only deflect doing more damage is Orochi's heavy deflect, which is also not guaranteed.
Sure a player might be able to block it after a light if they get lucky but the chances are rather fleeting in my experience.

Yep. As you said anyway it works very often even in a non guaranteed case.

But Shinobi deflect does more dmg than Nuxia one too if he goes for the kick and range heavy (50dmg). Not only roch.

ArchDukeInstinct
01-20-2019, 04:09 AM

But Shinobi deflect does more dmg than Nuxia one too if he goes for the kick and range heavy (50dmg). Not only roch.

Ah yes, my bad, I honestly forgot about Shinobi.lol

Helnekromancer
01-20-2019, 05:26 AM
Because it's not guaranteed you also have lvl 2-3 assassin bots who will deflect your deflect. Have Shaman and Berserker bots frequently do this.

How do I get punished for punishing people?

Hormly
01-20-2019, 06:41 AM
its so warlord doesn't feel too left out with his full block having the same problem.

Amen

rottmeister
01-20-2019, 12:41 PM

Guess we found the power couple of 2019, Warden x Nobushi gtfo :p

Maybe he'll get something guaranteed of full block with his hero update/rework in season 9 along with some new chains etc.?

Hormly
01-20-2019, 05:00 PM
Guess we found the power couple of 2019, Warden x Nobushi gtfo :p

Maybe he'll get something guaranteed of full block with his hero update/rework in season 9 along with some new chains etc.?

I have a feeling it's going to be an extremely underwhelming rework

Sneakly20
01-20-2019, 07:01 PM
I have a feeling it's going to be an extremely underwhelming rework

From what I understand I believe you will be disappointed because itís not a rework. They said goki rework while warlord and pk get updates so that being said Iím sorry hormly I know you are holding out brother.

PK most likely getting damage increases on a few things. As for warlord I would expect a nerf to out of lock game and a few number changes maybe even stretching to say a few changes to full block.

OhHowSheGoingEh
01-20-2019, 07:19 PM
Title

I don't see how it's not guaranteed, on the very rare chance that a nuxia is competent enough to deflect me I always eat the attack even though it's coming from the same direction I was just deflected in.

Hormly
01-20-2019, 07:43 PM
From what I understand I believe you will be disappointed because itís not a rework. They said goki rework while warlord and pk get updates so that being said Iím sorry hormly I know you are holding out brother.

PK most likely getting damage increases on a few things. As for warlord I would expect a nerf to out of lock game and a few number changes maybe even stretching to say a few changes to full block.

Exactly, they'll nerf his charge, maybe play with a few numbers, and say "all done!"

And use that as an excuse to never give him a rework 😢

rbtfortune
01-20-2019, 07:45 PM
She has no lack of dmg at all on.her deflect . It does 40dmg which is above almost any others deflect dmg in the game.

Thank you for pointing this out, somehow I was under the impression that it only did minimal damage. For me, it's still a bit difficult to pull off.

Velentix
01-21-2019, 04:25 AM
Exactly, they'll nerf his charge, maybe play with a few numbers, and say "all done!"

And use that as an excuse to never give him a rework ��

man I hope not. he is in such desperate need of at least 2-5 new combos. I don't see any reason for chars to have as few combos as him and shugomama.

EvoX.
01-21-2019, 04:44 AM
Out of every move I've delfected with her, it has been blocked maybe in 1% of the cases. The truth is people can hardly even react to having their attack deflected, which is when they're required to flip the mental switch of having to guess where the hit is going to come from, and by the time that happens they've already been hit with a 300ms move. Also, since the most commonly deflected attacks are chain starters, and since a lot of players tend to follow up with another attack, it guarantees it in even more cases.

High recovery attacks + all heavies + lights that are followed up + failing to react and prediction block = a deflect that is almost never blocked. It is extremely powerful even now, it does 40 damage and is a chain starter, which turns that 40 into possibly 64 or above with the aid of traps and heavies.