PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go from an Audigy to an Audigy2?

altstiff
02-01-2005, 11:26 PM
I currently have an original Audigy (or Audigy 1 they used to call it).

Is the step up to an Audigy 2 that big a deal or is it not worth while?

altstiff
02-01-2005, 11:26 PM
I currently have an original Audigy (or Audigy 1 they used to call it).

Is the step up to an Audigy 2 that big a deal or is it not worth while?

mortoma
02-01-2005, 11:53 PM
I would like to know too, as I have had the first gen. Audigy for quite a while. I wonder if the sound stutters are better with the II???

DingleRoad
02-02-2005, 01:30 AM
Audigy2 and then back to the Audigy !!

My new Athlon64 set up (MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum mobo)just did'nt like the Audigy 2 and gave me plenty of blue screens of death ! The choice was, buying an Audigy 2 ZS or going back to the standard Audigy and me being a scrooge, decided on the latter. Needless to say my new A64 system works great with the standard Audigy.

bweiss
02-02-2005, 07:18 AM
I went from an Audigy to an Audigy2 a year or so back. Wasn't any great difference except that the 2 seemed to run smoother for me, less static, less freeze ups. Other than that...

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-02-2005, 07:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bweiss:
I went from an Audigy to an Audigy2 a year or so back. Wasn't any great difference except that the 2 seemed to run smoother for me, less static, less freeze ups. Other than that... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ditto

Heavy_Weather
02-02-2005, 07:24 AM
got an Audigy2, very nice card so far. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Scen
02-02-2005, 12:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bweiss:
I went from an Audigy to an Audigy2 a year or so back. Wasn't any great difference except that the 2 seemed to run smoother for me, less static, less freeze ups. Other than that... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would agree... I can honestly say I noticed that the Audigy2ZS has less problems. In addition it don't get studders like I used to with my older Audigy.

Despite adding some more features I think they cleaned up problems they had with the Original.

Scendore

lbhskier37
02-02-2005, 12:44 PM
You can actually turn your Audigy into an Audigy2. I found a website a while back explaining how, the Audigy and Audigy2 have the exact same chips on them so you can mod Audigy 2 drivers into thinking your Audigy is a 2. You get almost all the features of the Audigy 2. IMHO though it isn't worth the upgrade to buy a new Audigy2, the differences aren't really great. Soundcard advances have virtually stopped because of Creative buying out all its competition and Nvidia stupidly pulling its hardware sound solution.

SeaFireLIV
02-02-2005, 01:16 PM
I`ve had the Audigy nigh on 2 years (maybe more). **** nice card. I sometimes think about upgrading, but that`s only because its so old. It actually still works perfectly, so it`s dumb to buy a new one.