PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den January 10th

CandleInTheDark
01-10-2019, 04:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_xoiB_4B88

So getting back into the swing of it. Looking at the roadmap, my guess is we will have a winter event reveal Den, we are also three weeks away from a new character so we may see a short piece of a trailer, I wouldn't expect anything more solid than that until at least next week. These are guesses, mind, no infodump from Eric.

Into the breach, once more \m/<(-.-)>\m/

They are in a new room of the studio as their regular is being renovated.

They showed the year long roadmap in terms of the new heroes, they are not confirming whether vortiger is the name of the sword and shield guy. They said it isn't just new heroes, it is maps, balancing, etc. There will be a sneak peak of the new hero next week.

French jokes translated into english, I will save your eyes, sanity and the sanctity of the written word and not type them.

As with previous heroes, the people who bought the season pass will be able to play the new heroes at the start of the season for a week before others can buy it for steel.

January 24th is the big reveal stream where they will show us the new hero.

Tournament plugs

Next weekly arcade quest is called winter solstice. That is what I took to be an event, sadly.

Ranked warrior challenge this weekend.

Content of the week: Ornaments

They showed us some of the art entries.

Community corner

This was Damien's last Den, he will be leaving to go back to France where his family is. Damian wanted to announce it this week as next week is more about season nine.

Soldier_of_Dawn
01-10-2019, 04:12 PM
I have two questions:

1) Would you consider letting the modding community contribute to For Honor at some capacity such as gear and maps?

2) How long will the 'For The Creed' Bundle remain in the game?

Lord_Cherubi
01-10-2019, 04:26 PM
I have only one question:

Will we or will we not see/hear ANY kind of details about the Shugoki rework tonight?

Siegfried-Z
01-10-2019, 06:49 PM
An absolut empty Den.

No S9 details, No state of balance details, No Vortiger details..

Only some bad jokes, Community content and Damien announced he retire from FH project.

What a den !

bannex19
01-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Ya that was a huge waste of time.

I thought there was supposed to be a shugo preview

Lord_Cherubi
01-10-2019, 07:39 PM
They're fun dudes but that was a ****ing waste of time. Now im almost certain we will not hear about shugo for a LONG time since they're soon starting to milk the **** out of their new cashgrab hero

chukblok
01-10-2019, 07:39 PM
yeah a bit of a letdown.
on the bright side i like the new raider ornament

Vakris_One
01-10-2019, 07:41 PM
So a total waste of time. Obscure jokes from French candy wrappers followed by "Oh, uh Year 3. Yeah, I guess we're having a Year 3 guys...". Some more Ornaments nobody cares about and Community corner.

I guess we're not getting new executions this time around then?

Corentin10111
01-10-2019, 08:00 PM
They clearly spit on us. This is a ****ing joke.

Illyrian_King
01-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Guys you are over-dramatizing a bit ^^

You should not forget, that these guys are still bound to schedules from guys over them. They can not leak as they desire. It's a thing which can end up in losing lots of money, which they would be responsible for.

Yes it was a dry Warrior's Den, especially considering, that we didn't get a Stream for 3 weeks, but still ...

EvoX.
01-10-2019, 10:34 PM
Him retiring means the game is under wraps. Complete Edition already hinted this, the game director leaving basically confirms it.

Since 2019 will apparently be the last for FH, I truly hope all of the heroes that are currently far from viable are looked at before it all ends. Leaving the game as it is would be a disaster.

CandleInTheDark
01-10-2019, 10:54 PM
My body decided my brain had zero rights deciding if it was sleeping right now and took an executive decision

Recap is up. It is a short one, they say next week there will be some season nine stuff and the reveal stream will be on the 24th.

MrB3NX
01-10-2019, 11:45 PM
Very sad Damian will leave the project

Damn it Damian you should've sticked with us for few years

I hate the AC franchise that won't F end .

chukblok
01-11-2019, 12:33 AM
Him retiring means the game is under wraps. Complete Edition already hinted this, the game director leaving basically confirms it.

Since 2019 will apparently be the last for FH, I truly hope all of the heroes that are currently far from viable are looked at before it all ends. Leaving the game as it is would be a disaster.

Sadly...I agree. There is some great content in 2019. But one can't help but be suspicious at him leaving plus complete edition. This is truly the only game I've been playing for the past 2 years. It will be a sad day if that happens

Tundra 793
01-11-2019, 01:28 AM
My body decided my brain had zero rights deciding if it was sleeping right now and took an executive decision

Recap is up. It is a short one, they say next week there will be some season nine stuff and the reveal stream will be on the 24th.

Candle, you're the hero. If you ever need me to fill in, just lemme know, and I'll do what I can.

If it's the last thing I do, you will get a level 3 bot named after you in game, whatever it takes, you deserve no less.

I can't begin to speculate what Damien leaving will mean for the game. On a human level, I wish him health and happiness in his future projects.
But, Jason left less than a month after launch, and look where that left us. It simply cannot get any worse.

All my hopes lie with some undecided and unknowable future.

chukblok
01-11-2019, 03:59 AM
I mean year 3 looks so promising. From the weapons...the new classes most definitely are not assassins. Which is great. Almost like a back to basics with a touch of new type thing. I feel like the game is gaining momentum. The franchise is gold. it really is. I wish we could get some sort of long term plan. maybe a 3 year thing is all that was planned.
Anyhow thanks for recap. Hopefully next week is a better den

Soldier_of_Dawn
01-11-2019, 09:22 AM
Thank you, Damien! We will miss you!!!

Damien, thank you for all of your efforts and contribution to the game and your part in Warrior's Den. You were both informative and entertaining. Developers are not TV or Internet personalities but you did both roles very well. We're glad you let us get to know you, and appreciate all you've done. All the best for your future in France, with your family, and your new role.

If you're going to play For Honor on the EU servers, feel free to add me. My user name is the same, 'Soldier_of_Dawn.' If not, we may meet each other on the battlefield anyway. ;) Take care and thanks again.