PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a bad feeling?

Metamagician
04-24-2011, 04:48 AM
I have to tell you, despite highly anticipating a game similar to King's Bounty: The Legend there is something off about HOMM6 from the very beginning.

First the bizarre inexplicable name change inversion from HOMM6 to less coherent MMH6.
Then the main human faction hardly resembling an army with all those female units, all the while complete dismissal of any developer response to anything posted on their official forum.

I haven't seen behavior like that in much larger studios.
Then a quite hefty delay without any explanation.

The whole thing from the very start reeks of sloppiness.

I really hope this doesn't turn out like Disciples 3, its animation and graphics were great too but failed in so many other areas.

Metamagician
04-24-2011, 04:48 AM
I have to tell you, despite highly anticipating a game similar to King's Bounty: The Legend there is something off about HOMM6 from the very beginning.

First the bizarre inexplicable name change inversion from HOMM6 to less coherent MMH6.
Then the main human faction hardly resembling an army with all those female units, all the while complete dismissal of any developer response to anything posted on their official forum.

I really hope this doesn't turn out like Disciples 3, its animation and graphics were great too but failed in so many other areas.

BlueLore
04-24-2011, 05:02 AM
to be honest:I have a quite good feeling xD.

I don't know why it is a bad sign,that there are 3 female units in the human faction,that the name was slightly changed and the fact that they delayed the release just prooves,that they want to make their work good,not fast.

The name change could even be justified,as there are no heroes of might & magic,but there are might heroes and magic heroes....

cossacking
04-24-2011, 06:04 AM
They gave a reasonable explanation for rebranding the game (series). I have no issue with that.

Also, I cannot understand what's the problem with female units. It is A PART OF the (KB/WoW) style. As I have said already, I never liked that style - the world is too vivid with the absolutely unnecessary EMPHASIS on the fantasy fairy tale attribute (best felt in WoW and also strong in KB). This style intends to depict armies as NOT sinister and spells as NOT powerful. The color theme also adds to the fairy tale feel.

And no, I don't have a bad feeling. I know that this will not be the final date shift, but it doesn't matter now, does it?

RealJabbadoor
04-24-2011, 06:15 AM
I did find it a bit odd that they changed the name, but beside that, everything I've seen so far looks alot like something that's in the true spirit of HoMM.

Tbh, people crying over female units is just another point that the game might be good. When people can't find anything else to complain about than gender, then I can only assume they are running out of options to complain.

As for the delayed release and the lack of response on forums, is something you see pretty much with all games from big publishers.

only publisher that always gives a correct release date and stick to it, is Blizzard. Before Warcraft 3 they also gave release dates just to change it again a few month before it should have been released. In many cases you see soo much whining over the delay in release, that they hurry too much to finish the game, and you end up with a crappy game. People need to learn that delay in release is normally a good thing.

But the short of the long, I have a really good feeling about this game. And somewhere I belive that this might endup stealing as many hours of my life as Heroes3 did (and that is ALOT) :-)

RealJabbadoor
04-24-2011, 06:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cossacking:
They gave a reasonable explanation for rebranding the game (series). I have no issue with that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never read that. Any chance you could find and post a link to it. Would love to read it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GamerGeek87
04-24-2011, 08:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RealJabbadoor:
Never read that. Any chance you could find and post a link to it. Would love to read it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically its a way to unify the brand, having Might and Magic in front of every game instead of behind. You can read about it in this interview.

http://www.hookedgamers.com/fe...gic_heroes_vi-3.html (http://www.hookedgamers.com/features/2011/03/17/julien_and_max_on_might__magic_heroes_vi-3.html)

KingImp
04-24-2011, 09:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cossacking:
I know that this will not be the final date shift, but it doesn't matter now, does it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I pray you are wrong on this as September will already be 6 months past when it was originally planned on being released. Any longer and I'm sorry, but that reeks of lazy developing.

RealJabbadoor
04-24-2011, 10:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KingImp:
I pray you are wrong on this as September will already be 6 months past when it was originally planned on being released. Any longer and I'm sorry, but that reeks of lazy developing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that reeks of you not knowing anything about programming and game deveplopmet :-D

And thanks GamerGeek87

KingImp
04-24-2011, 10:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RealJabbadoor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KingImp:
I pray you are wrong on this as September will already be 6 months past when it was originally planned on being released. Any longer and I'm sorry, but that reeks of lazy developing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that reeks of you not knowing anything about programming and game deveplopmet :-D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know what, you're absolutely right. I don't know anything about either of those, so my statement was made solely out of passion. For that I apologize.

It just irks me when I see games I absolutely love constantly being pushed back. I would have much rather Ubi never opened their uninformed mouths by saying March (later changed to Spring 2011) was going to be the release date. Being a very impatient person as I am and being how Heroes is my favorite game of all time, this announcement got me excited. To then have it pushed to May, then June, and now September and possibly beyond if cossacking is correct, it wears on my impatience. That's my own problem not theirs, so to make statements like I did about the development was just wrong.

Still, that said, the level of discord between Ubi and BH is unsettling. How is it that Ubi believed the game to be almost ready that they originally announced March (later changed to Spring) as the release date when it's obvious it was nowhere near finished? One would think they'd talk about the progress before throwing out potential release dates. It's that discord that gives me a bad feeling.

Iglocska
04-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Oh god, not another thread complaining about a few female units making it into the game... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Thunion
04-24-2011, 12:26 PM
If i would have a bad feeling about the game,i wouldnt plan to get it so i wouldnt bother posting here at all,why you do it if you fell that game is totaly not for you and you got bad feeling about it?

znork
04-24-2011, 01:22 PM
I realy dont understand this femal debate at all dont raly care.

With this delay my feeling for the game has become much bether.

Metamagician
04-24-2011, 10:51 PM
How is it that Ubi believed the game to be almost ready that they originally announced March (later changed to Spring) as the release date when it's obvious it was nowhere near finished? One would think they'd talk about the progress before throwing out potential release dates. It's that discord that gives me a bad feeling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Precisely.

Thunion
04-24-2011, 10:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">realy dont understand this femal debate at all dont raly care.

With this delay my feeling for the game has become much bether. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would be stricly against so much famales IF there would be armies like in Total War,then it would really look like a "boob army" but while we see only one unit it looks good enought.

Alderbranchh
04-25-2011, 05:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Metamagician:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually its quite logical. The game is usally shortend Heroes in daily speech which they gave a little thought.
They also then realised that having a unified brand like Might & Magic is a good thing.

If I say

LucasArts
Total War
Coca Cola
Espirit
etc...

Then those are brands which most recognise. Why not the same for Might & Magic

Brand first, product second.
In this case. Might & Magic: Heroes

Get it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Metamagician:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont go there if you want the thread closed. We have had enough of that question already.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You never ever seen Fallout 3 (I mean the real one, not the piece of crap Bethesda did) Duke Nukem 3D or Command & Conquer 2 development process then I take it...

What do they have in common? The devs dont consider it a good enough product so its delayed to inifinity.

In the case of Heroes they most likely convinced the marketing dep. After banging them in the heads with sledgehammers for a couple of months most likely mind you. To make the marketing dep. come to their senses. Thats why games get postponed. Sure, here its just a couple of months.
Get it?

I really hope this doesn't turn out like Disciples 3, its animation and graphics were great too but failed in so many other areas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, its more like a project that has run into some difficulties that were not there from the start. Thats the usual case when theory meets practice.

And from what ive tried at gamescom for instance they already have the feel and the mood right. The graphics is just flavor in my book so just show some faith.

And that reeks of you not knowing anything about programming and game deveplopmet :-D
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As a sidenote, that comment just shows you lack the knowhow on budget-restraints though.
I second KingImp That further delays after september is also not acceptable in my book. I do work with program-dev. though. So I know deadlines are to be kept aswell as the budget.

RealJabbadoor
04-25-2011, 08:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alderbranchh:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As a sidenote, that comment just shows you lack the knowhow on budget-restraints though.
I second KingImp That further delays after september is also not acceptable in my book. I do work with program-dev. though. So I know deadlines are to be kept aswell as the budget. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. KingImp made it sound like, just because you are a programmer or dev and get paid to do it, it's easy.
When working with code as complex as games are these days, changing one small thing one place, can mess up alot of stuff another place, and can be hard to get it all to work out.

When it comes to budget and all that, I prefere not to comment too much on it, cause that's something I don't know a whole bunch about. But I don't claim that it's easy decisions either, cause I doubt it is.

but the main issue here, is clearly that some people get's upset when a game is delayed. But there is not good way to do it. Do you remember StarCraft2. Blizzard announced that they where working on it... Think of how many years it took, where people was whining that they couldn't get an ETA on when it would get released.

So Ubi gave us an expected release date, but didn't managed to keep it. it's not like they came 1 week before expected released and told us to wait longer. If you want to follow the develpoment of a new game, and get it as soon as it's released, you got to accept that it can be delayed. Everyone get's disappointed when it's delayed, but people need to learn to see it from the bright side, instead of just complaining right away.

All the greatest games have taken alot of time to make. And I'm sure that almost all of them also took longer than was expected from the begining. And I bet that 90% of all crappy games, are games that got released before the dev's where happy with the result.

Infiltrator-SF
04-25-2011, 08:20 AM
They said april 20th. Never mentioned the year. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

znork
04-25-2011, 08:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Infiltrator-SF:
They said april 20th. Never mentioned the year. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is they never said april 20th at all,

KingImp
04-25-2011, 08:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by znork:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Infiltrator-SF:
They said april 20th. Never mentioned the year. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is they never said april 20th at all, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

April 20th exactly, no. Erwan did specifically say in one interview though they were aiming at March, which was later changed to Spring 2011. Spring this year falls between March 20th and June 20th, so it was natural for some of us to believe we would see the game somewhere in that time frame.

Yes, delays happen, but lets not pretend like the dates weren't thrown out there at some point and that's where the problem lies on Ubi's part. Either keep your uninformed mouths shut or actually talk to your devs and find out when they expect it to be done.

argifontes
04-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Mmh I did not get the point at all but we all have our concerns and metamagician expressed his/hers/its(?)... I dont care about the gender of the units really, female titans would be awesome tho. And about delaying the game I dont care either IF it is to polish and give us a real finished product which in the game industry is something pretty rare nowadays.

znork
04-25-2011, 10:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by znork:

April 20th exactly, no. Erwan did specifically say in one interview though they were aiming at March, which was later changed to Spring 2011. Spring this year falls between March 20th and June 20th, so it was natural for some of us to believe we would see the game somewhere in that time frame.

Yes, delays happen, but lets not pretend like the dates weren't thrown out there at some point and that's where the problem lies on Ubi's part. Either keep your uninformed mouths shut or actually talk to your devs and find out when they expect it to be done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off all you posted 20 th april i said dont get youre hope up. So who was right?

So dont asume to muche and post to many rumors. Yes i dont like how ubi is handling the the information stream to the fans. Posting a delay without giving more info the people who preordered was a bad marketing. The choice of delay was good for the game. Sorry if you dont get to play youre buged game sooner. But i for one want ubi to realse a working game and if you notice who are happy you should start to take the hint. Now go be angry at the ubis pr people. And stop posting rumors!

The main reason for the dates beeing thrown out there is becuse they want you to have som info about what they are aming fore. Marsh was the gole in august it was later rumored to be May then it was for som strange reason wiche must be a marketing screw up confirmed in june. Now delaying the game to september withe out realsing any news about the beta for the people who preorderd was a very bad choice. I can only asume the reason for this hickups is the fack that xhanne got a new job and they dont have the replacment that we know off.

But for all of this is just drama, i want the best posibel game in september that is the only thing i care about. If the deves dont need the fans feedback in a beta just yeat that is their choice.

If you preordered the game i would wait for som more news during the next week. The anouncment came in start of easter wiche is a serius vaction in most of europ so there is no work beeing done.

KingImp
04-25-2011, 10:18 AM

Yes, delays happen, but lets not pretend like the dates weren't thrown out there at some point and that's where the problem lies on Ubi's part. Either keep your uninformed mouths shut or actually talk to your devs and find out when they expect it to be done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off all you posted 20 th april i said dont get youre hope up. So who was right?

So dont asume to muche and post to many rumors. Yes i dont like how ubi is handling the the information stream to the fans. Posting a delay without giving more info the people who preordered was a bad marketing. The choice of delay was good for the game. Sorry if you dont get to play youre buged game sooner. But i for one want ubi to realse a working game and if you notice who are happy you should start to take the hint. Now go be angry at the ubis pr people. And stop posting rumors! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooops, my bad on the April 20th thing. For some reason when Infiltrator mentioned it in this thread, I thought he was referring to some release date. It completely slipped my mind that was the rumored Beta date and considering it was me who did post that, double ooops on me for completely missing it.

As for the delay, I have posted numerous times that I am okay with a delay, as long as there is a legitimate problem that needs to be addressed. I get that delays happen and if it is for a big problem, I am totally fine with it. What I am not fine with is if it's for something miniscule (i.e. typos, a stat change on 1 or 2 units, a slight graphic glitch, etc.) that could easily be fixed with a patch.

And yes, I do see who is happy for the delays and I do get that means you've seen real problems that needed to be addressed. Like I've said time and time again, my problem is not with the delays per say, it's with Ubi who cluelessly gave out bad info instead of talking to their devs on what a true timetable would be. I would have much rather preferred hearing them say that 2011 was the release date and left it at that. Saying March and then Spring got a lot of people's hopes up. Like you said, and we agree, posting another delay and then not saying a word other than "you'll be happy" is **** poor marketing. Even though the April 20th Beta date was a rumor, they knew that info was out there. Instead, on that exact day, they chose to announce another delay instead and didn't have the common courtesy to appease the fans they knew they let down.

For as big a company as Ubi is, they are completely clueless.

znork
04-25-2011, 10:29 AM
For as big a company as Ubi is, they are completely clueless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will rewrite youre sentence and see if you can agree more withe mine.

For a big commpany like ubi its bad that they have suche a clueless markteing department.

Well feel free to fix the typos but you catch my dirft?

KingImp
04-25-2011, 10:35 AM
For as big a company as Ubi is, they are completely clueless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will rewrite youre sentence and see if you can agree more withe mine.

For a big commpany like ubi its bad that they have suche a clueless markteing department.

Well feel free to fix the typos but you catch my dirft? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, but let's not let the other departments off the hook so easily. Erwan is supposed to be in charge of this whole thing and it was he himself that mentioned March and Spring. The producer, not the marketing department got this ball of disappointment rolling.

I've said this in the past, I truly miss Fabrice. At the time it seemed like he didn't post enough, but unlike Erwan, Fabrice actually took the time to interact and communicate with the fans on this site.

znork
04-25-2011, 10:59 AM
King imp somthimes you anoy the hell out of me and som times you make sense.

You make sence in youre last post. I think its about time Erwan posts somting.

KingImp
04-25-2011, 11:42 AM
King imp somthimes you anoy the hell out of me and som times you make sense.

You make sence in youre last post. I think its about time Erwan posts somting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that case, I guess I'll quit while I'm ahead. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

belgarath21
04-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks Alderbranchh,

I agree that the name "inversion" makes perfect sense. Heroes is a spin-off of the RPG Might and Magic series.

I appreciate your agreement that September 8 should be the final release date. That helps allay my fears that the developers might be "overthinking" the game.

Infiltrator-SF
04-25-2011, 03:19 PM

I meant the leaked schedule mentioned it. And it was pretty believable, since it matched a few other dates that were spot on.

znork
04-25-2011, 03:27 PM
I meant the leaked schedule mentioned it. And it was pretty believable, since it matched a few other dates that were spot on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its been cleard up i thinkhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

leeboy26
04-25-2011, 03:32 PM
I feel apprehensive, yet sensual. If the game sucks giraffe balls I'm going on a jihad against Ubisoft and in the name of Allah I'll fly a building into a plane or some other shiznit.

Marzhin93
04-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Sorry about the mess. Clearly the communication of the delay fumbled ("as usual", one might say). Unfortunately we're still waiting for our new ComDev (to replace Xhane who left a couple of weeks ago) and I guess it shows. Hopefully the wait won't be much longer.

We're working on an official statement that will hopefully clarify the reasons of the delay and when the Beta is coming.

RealJabbadoor
04-25-2011, 04:16 PM
To think that they delay a game for 2 extra month, just to fix typoes and some minor balance issues, is close to being paraniod.

Try think of how many money it cost them to delay it. alot of people need to get paid in that time. and as long as it's on the dev's table it isn't making money.

So the delay is without any doubt due to issues, that ruins gameplay alot. Major bugs, crashs and stuff like that. Who knows, some things might have taken longer than expected, so that the campaign isn't finished. or they only got a couple of skirmish maps. typoes and small balance issues doesn't give really bad reviews. but if the game doesn't got enough content or keeps crashing then it will affect reviews and therefor end up hurting sales.

Remember, that when you preorder, they don't get the money for the game untill it's delivered to you. (yes, I know that steam has the nerves to actually charge you for preorders, those scum :-)) But I'm not even sure if they transfer the money to the publisher right away, or actually wait with that till the game arrives.

But as metioned several times here; making the decision to delay a release is never easy. so assuming that it's because of small stuff is sorta rude to those that had to make the decision.

About the infomation issue. Yes, I would be nice to get some info from the top. Both about the closed beta and the delay, but seeing how people are overflowing the forum with unconstructive whining, doesn't motivate the company to hurry up with publishing some answers. Who knows, had it not been for 2-3 people here, constantly complaining about stupid stuff and spamming multiple topics of the same issue, we might have had much more replies from the dev team overall. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EDIT: And we got a reply while I was writing :-) Cheers

Fyrestorme
04-25-2011, 04:30 PM

I really hope this doesn't turn out like Disciples 3, its animation and graphics were great too but failed in so many other areas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I share some of your concerns. In particular I really HATED that they changed the name. It's such a stupid name change too ~ "Might & Magic: Heroes" ?? wtf? It doesn't even sound like english and it just sounds ******ed. It might work if you translated it into another language like Japanese where often the noun in a sentence comes before the adjective(s) that describe it.

And then there's the reasoning behind the change - forget what they changed it to - but WHY did they change it in the first place?? It was an awesome title before.

Perhaps they wanted to distinguish themselves from the now defunct new world computing or 3do games, but it was totally unnecessary IMO and they've just ended up giving the series another black eye with this ridiculous name change BS.

Shawn85
04-25-2011, 05:20 PM
You want to make us happy? Stop writing trivial pr jargon and do the following.
-tell us why it was delayed
-explain why preordering and a false release date was given less than 1 month prior
-give us a beta release date
-give us a game play video, a REAL gameplay video
A couple minutes of your time
Thanks

znork
04-25-2011, 06:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marzhin93:
We're working on an official statement that will hopefully clarify the reasons of the delay and when the Beta is coming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good

pepeagc
04-26-2011, 07:31 AM
I do have a bad feeling about this:
- Only 5 castles. Heroes V started with 6 and increased to 8 in the end.
- Only Wood, Gold, Ore and Crystal?? Where is Sulfur, gems and mercury? One of the things the resources did was make it as a identity for a castle. Crystal for haven and Sylvan, Gem for Tower, Sulfur for Dungeon, Mercury for stronghold.
Losing those resources looks like the game wont be as complex as the others was.
- I have a bad feeling about spells and skills the hero has. I didnt find any info about it. Is it going to be similar to Heroes V?

From the info Ive read, is looking more of Heroes IV than V, thats why I dont have a good feeling.

Nxss
04-26-2011, 09:44 AM
I don't have a bad feeling at all! As I have said many times already on this forum, every version of Heroes has been different from the last. Every version of Heroes has kept the same basic formula with a few changes here and there. Personally, I like what I have seen of Heroes 6. Changing things around to keep up with the times is a good thing! Sure, some people may not like some of the changes, but we are only going by what we read and can see. Most off use have not played it yet and that makes a big difference. I think it is great that they are shaking things up a bit. Not everyone is going to like the changes, but I bet after playing the beta, most everyone will still want the game!

Even though I was not happy with the delay, I still kept my pre-orders and I would guess that most of you have as well just to see the beta. Give it a chance before you pass judgement as it could be the best game in the series! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BlueLore
04-26-2011, 11:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pepeagc:
I do have a bad feeling about this:
1. Only 5 castles. Heroes V started with 6 and increased to 8 in the end.
2. Only Wood, Gold, Ore and Crystal?? Where is Sulfur, gems and mercury? One of the things the resources did was make it as a identity for a castle. Crystal for haven and Sylvan, Gem for Tower, Sulfur for Dungeon, Mercury for stronghold.
Losing those resources looks like the game wont be as complex as the others was.
3.I have a bad feeling about spells and skills the hero has. I didnt find any info about it. Is it going to be similar to Heroes V?

From the info Ive read, is looking more of Heroes IV than V, thats why I dont have a good feeling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1.yes 5 factions isn't that much,but it doesn't have to mean,that there will be less in total,many people think,that because there are so few factions in the standard game,that there will be 2 new factions in the expansions,so it doesn't have to mean anything...

2.At first I also didn't like it,that they remove so many resources,because for the same reasons you said,but now I think it is better this way,as many resources got just useless after a certain time,so I think it is a good change.

3.No the spell and skill system is not like in h5,because it isn't random anymore,this way you have better control over the growth of your hero.And spells aren't learned in the guilds anymore but you learn them when you level up.

Metamagician
04-26-2011, 07:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlueLore:
And spells aren't learned in the guilds anymore but you learn them when you level up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't like this one bit!

In King's Bounty: The Legend everything was randomized each time you started the game, you could have picked up spells of all kinds at any point of the game. And spells themselves had 3 levels of upgrade.

By getting spells only when leveling up you are greatly diminishing replayability and giving it that lousy linear constricting feeling.

Oh well, just one more poor design decision..

Shawn85
04-27-2011, 03:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlueLore:
And spells aren't learned in the guilds anymore but you learn them when you level up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In King's Bounty: The Legend everything was randomized each time you started the game, you could have picked up spells of all kinds at any point of the game. And spells themselves had 3 levels of upgrade.

By getting spells only when leveling up you are greatly diminishing replayability and giving it that lousy linear constricting feeling.

Oh well, just one more poor design decision.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ur joking right?

Metamagician
04-27-2011, 03:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shawn85:
Ur joking right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm afraid you lost me there..

Thunion
04-27-2011, 03:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I don't like this one bit!

First of all it matters all if you play ust for fun against AI or really tryng to win.If you play just fun skills may not matter that much,but at campanings and against other ppl in multiplayer,skills mattered alots so if player are average skill,won the one who was more lucky with skills.Also in companing when you playng on very hard,every bit matters and if you will be unlucky and get wrong skills,it maybe impossible to win companing.BS Heroes got alots of replayability,infinite amounts of maps thanks to players,+alots of diffrent ways to build you hero.

Shawn85
04-27-2011, 03:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shawn85:
Ur joking right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm afraid you lost me there.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silly me. I thought you were panning for dice roll advancement/pick up hunting over logical progression/varied player builds in regards to replayability value.

Metamagician
04-27-2011, 04:15 AM
No, I already said that random skill selection in HOMMV is what ruined the whole game.

Randomized items and spells upon each new game is a completely different story although in King's bounty: The Legend it was a directed randomization which is better than just randomization.

RealJabbadoor
04-27-2011, 05:53 AM

Why is it you keep comparing Heroes to King's Bounty. Absolute only thing they have in common is a similar combat system. And even the combat system is quite different.
If you want yet another KB, then you should go to thier forum and ask for them to make another.
(and you keep mentioning "The Legend". you are aware that they have made 2 more, right?)
KB and HoMM are two different games, and if they changed HoMM into a KB clone, they would lose a big part of thier fanbase.

I really hope that everytime the dev's hear "In KB they did it like...", they keep it in mind, and make sure not to do it that way.
Don't get me wrong, I like to play the KB games (I even played the oldest one alot back in the amiga days), but I don't want to end up feeling like I'm playing KB when I start HoMM.

Thunion
04-27-2011, 06:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why is it you keep comparing Heroes to King's Bounty. Absolute only thing they have in common is a similar combat system. And even the combat system is quite different.
If you want yet another KB, then you should go to thier forum and ask for them to make another.
(and you keep mentioning "The Legend". you are aware that they have made 2 more, right?)
KB and HoMM are two different games, and if they changed HoMM into a KB clone, they would lose a big part of thier fanbase.

I really hope that everytime the dev's hear "In KB they did it like...", they keep it in mind, and make sure not to do it that way.
Don't get me wrong, I like to play the KB games (I even played the oldest one alot back in the amiga days), but I don't want to end up feeling like I'm playing KB when I start HoMM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This.+ I want to say that as far as i know HoMM is more popular then KB why should then they take features from KB?