PDA

View Full Version : I'd Like a Way to "Turn Off" Endgame

dreampage
01-07-2019, 06:32 PM
Okay, I finished the game and I saved Atlas. I have 100% alliance on every planet. I enjoyed it. But now I'd like to peacefully explore the planets, scan animals, collect things and just enjoy the game. However, every few minutes new Dreadnoughts appear and start deploying Primes. I don't like this endgame design, it's repetitive and I'm not interested in doing this over and over again anymore. Is there a chance that there will be an option to "turn off" this feature and just enjoy the locations without any more new Legion threat? I have no problems with the occasional Imp Hives and some robots on the ground but Dreadnoughts and their constant flow of new Primes are a pain, take too much time and just repetitive. I would love if, after saving Atlas, there would be an option to do away with the Legion for good and just enjoy the game, taking photos etc. Call it Peaceful Mode or Exploration Mode or anything. For me it would increase the longevity of Starlink but right now the system is "clean" and I don't want to play just to see a new Dreadnought appear in five minutes. Again.

Silvius_Fox
01-08-2019, 12:40 AM
I’ve actually been able to get my allies strong enough that they can destroy extraction towers and occasionally primes without my help. The biggest help in this regard is to have access to the pilots Eli, and Kharl, they allow you to purchase upgrades for the Equinox that give your allies energy shields and elemental weapons. After I liberate a planet I will carefully examine the map and determine the best locations for observatories, I usually only keep/have 3-5 per planet. The rest are allocated to, 1-2 mod foundries, 1-3 armories, and the rest usually go to refineries. I’ve only used this formula on the default difficulty level so it may have to be tweaked a bit on harder ones, most likely just having more armories especially if you don’t have the two pilots mentioned earlier.

PS: Don't forget to upgrade your allies, I find its best too get them to level 2 by delivering resources instead of just buying it, you can then choose to upgrade to level 3 by using resources or just buying the upgrade.

Ubi-Lucipus
01-08-2019, 11:42 AM
So a peaceful exploration mode sounds very relaxing, I can see the allure of such a mode :)

Thank you for letting us know how you feel about this and giving us your suggestions.

abnvox
04-23-2019, 08:57 AM
I agree with you 100%, I really like the idea of making it so they canít attack a planet that you have setup with the maximum support and have complete control of. I think of this in the way assassins creed has it so once an area is clear you can be free to do whatever you want and itís like a safe zone. I really like to think of the planets I have helped as free and liberated and with out worry of attack.

Auld_Jack
04-24-2019, 01:38 AM
There is a way... sort of. The thing is you'll have to start over. See this posting in the Spoilers sub-forum (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1980137-Endgame-question?p=14126666&viewfull=1#post14126666). (Some SPOILERS, of course, for those who haven't finished the game).

abnvox
04-25-2019, 09:27 AM
That is a way but thatís not the way we want lol