PDA

View Full Version : Console: Inactivity In Sending Messages

IraqLobster.
01-06-2019, 10:37 PM
Likely to be my only forum post on FH, but I digress. The problem I'm having here is I'm unable to send anyone text messages in game without being kicked for inactivity, and then receiving the 15 minute suspension. This is the single biggest drawback I'm having with console FH.

This is not a PC. I can not type a sentence in under 10 seconds. I have to navigate Xbox's ****ty menus to tell someone something like "i thought i had you," or "play that hero again," or anything else remotely involved in a social game. God forbid I use grammar. This is a huge drawback in console in and of itself. It's frustrating to have a social past time like gaming ultimately force you to not say anything until a game ends due to an inferior interface.

Just my 2 cents.

Halvtand
01-06-2019, 11:18 PM
Yeah, well it pretty much sucks worse for your team to have 25% of their forces AFK for minutes at a time just because you want to send messages to your friends.

UbiInsulin
01-07-2019, 08:12 PM
Likely to be my only forum post on FH, but I digress. The problem I'm having here is I'm unable to send anyone text messages in game without being kicked for inactivity, and then receiving the 15 minute suspension. This is the single biggest drawback I'm having with console FH.

This is not a PC. I can not type a sentence in under 10 seconds. I have to navigate Xbox's ****ty menus to tell someone something like "i thought i had you," or "play that hero again," or anything else remotely involved in a social game. God forbid I use grammar. This is a huge drawback in console in and of itself. It's frustrating to have a social past time like gaming ultimately force you to not say anything until a game ends due to an inferior interface.

Just my 2 cents.

Appreciate this perspective on it, but it's worth keeping in mind that AFK players have been a pretty large problem in the past. It's less of a problem now because of these measures.

Vendelkin
01-07-2019, 09:10 PM
I agree with with halvtand. However just an added note. You can plug in keyboards to ps4 ... and i think xbox tho i dont have one, to speed up messaging if you really feel the need.

Stull generally wait till after the match to respond or just open a party voice chat with whoever messaged you during a respawn timer.